Special Season Pass

Godfather

Damn!

denbsteph;299076 wrote: This is how I look at it, new pavement, cars draw more money = less time for bikes. Am I reading into this to much?

Another organization appears to be having the same issue, very few weekend TD's at VIR. HHHMMMMMMMM
Dennis, My Brother I was thinking the same thing. Looks like we will be doing more days with the guys in the MID ATL region?

With VIR only on Fridays or Mondays, I begin to think that it would not be profitable for trackside support vendors either.

I guess the last three years have spoiled us.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Quickone4u;299094 wrote: WOW.....that went up a lot from what's listed under membership renewal with an Elite membership!
No kidding.

Don't get me wrong - I love me some NESBA. They are the only track org I do track days with.

This is what has me confused:

NESBA put on this 24 hour special to buy track packages - But Bob said all of the dates aren't finalized. Who wants to drop $1500 or $2k for a track package that isn't yet completed or finalized?

And the other question - what about the VIR South days? Or is it VIR North only on a Monday? I'm sure many like me have to drive 3-5 hours to go to VIR. So when I went, I usually ran at least 2 days. Otherwise, I couldn't justify the cost of traveling for a single track day. So that makes me less inclined to ride North period, which is going to drive down participation at events...which means less track days, which means...you know.

Some of the logistics behind this have me scratching my head.

Kruizen

Control Rider
For regular members also :(

Also like how the rewards program is touted as a benefit, I don't think my point balance has changed wine bob o left the office. I actually never really knew what I was supposed to get with the points but it was fun watching them increase in the hopes I'd get something.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Otto Man;299095 wrote:

And the other question - what about the VIR South days? Or is it VIR North only on a Monday? I'm sure many like me have to drive 3-5 hours to go to VIR. So when I went, I usually ran at least 2 days. Otherwise, I couldn't justify the cost of traveling for a single track day. So that makes me less inclined to ride North period, which is going to drive down participation at events...which means less track days, which means...you know.

Yeah 1 day at vir just doesn't work with all the additional fees you pay just to get into vir.

As you said I love riding with nesba but between the rates and calender, it just doesn't look like its happening this summer.

denbsteph

Godfather;299089 wrote: Dennis, My Brother I was thinking the same thing. Looks like we will be doing more days with the guys in the MID ATL region?

With VIR only on Fridays or Mondays, I begin to think that it would not be profitable for trackside support vendors either.

I guess the last three years have spoiled us.

1) Could be

2) Could be

AND

3) Could be

I wonder???????????????????????

Quickone4u

Otto Man;299095 wrote: No kidding.

Don't get me wrong - I love me some NESBA. They are the only track org I do track days with.

This is what has me confused:

NESBA put on this 24 hour special to buy track packages - But Bob said all of the dates aren't finalized. Who wants to drop $1500 or $2k for a track package that isn't yet completed or finalized?

I agree completely. Looks like I will no longer be going with an Elite membership. Not knowing if I will be able to make it out for more then a few days with these prices makes it no longer worth trying Elite unless I can do 5-6 days at least and I can't guarantee that seeing as I'm going to try to race the VIR Wera round as well. Disappointing for sure after getting the hopes up for a season I could attend more days.

03bueller

Control Rider
I think this special is an attempt to appease those who have money burning in their pocket and want to spend it, as was mentioned in the 17+ page thread elsewhere on the forums, other orgs are doing it and it get people to commit their time.

As far as the $2,000, I looked at the days that are currently on the schedule and even with just the 14 days that I would go to right now, the $2,000 is still less than the elite cost of those 14 days. It makes the extra 6 days icing on the cake, plus it helps bob know how much money he has to go out and book dates.

Basically it's all circular, we want dates before we want to spend the money, but NESBA needs to know it can get the money before it books all of the dates....it's a catch 22 really and it's not good for anyone but there's not a ton anyone can do.

As far as the dates on the schedule, just remember, it wasn't that long ago that we didn't get a schedule at all until mid/end of February, now are there things that I think could be done to help clarify the schedule (like putting tentative next to the dates that aren't finalized), yes. But until we as a group realize that this a volunteer run organization right now, tracks have bigger priorities than motorcycle track days, time is limited, and nobody is perfect, all the griping will continue.

I've emailed Bob offering to help him with updating stuff. We all just need to keep our cool until everything is finalized. Now go spend your $2,000 so Bob can go get us more dates.....I know I am!!!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
03bueller;299100 wrote:

As far as the $2,000, I looked at the days that are currently on the schedule and even with just the 14 days that I would go to right now, the $2,000 is still less than the elite cost of those 14 days. It makes the extra 6 days icing on the cake, plus it helps bob know how much money he has to go out and book dates.
I'm not arguing the math part of that - It's black and white. My beef is with them only running ONE day at VIR North. It makes it impractical to drop $140 in diesel fuel for ONE track day [That the cost has damn near doubled since last year].

So, yeah, the track days are cheaper...but they aren't track days that I would go to anyways. So what good is the savings of the track package when I lose that savings, and more, from the added fuel expense of driving there?

And who the hell wants to pay $25 for one day of electric? On top of the $25 pit bike fee. On top of the $50 (I think that's accurate, not 100%) to camp using your toy hauler?

I understand we need people to buy out track days to get more days. I get that, it's not rocket science. It's also not rocket science that you're going to have a hell of a lot less participation when the cost of the track day nearly DOUBLES. I understand inflation. I know prices have to go up, but doubled in one year?

03bueller

Control Rider
I'm not disagreeing with the one day, I won't be going to any of the single days at VIR either or any other track for that matter. However the schedule is not yet finalized, sometime you have to have a little bit of faith. We've all seen tons of days added as the year goes on because of how fluid the track day environment is.

As far as the higher fees at VIR, their going to get their money for the newly re-paved track, much the same as freshly renovated apartments get ridiculously expensive. It's just the way it is. Not saying we have to like it, but as far as the fees go there's not a ton NESBA can do about them. I don't like it either :(

Quickone4u

Otto Man;299102 wrote: I'm not arguing the math part of that - It's black and white. My beef is with them only running ONE day at VIR North. It makes it impractical to drop $140 in diesel fuel for ONE track day [That the cost has damn near doubled since last year].

So, yeah, the track days are cheaper...but they aren't track days that I would go to anyways. So what good is the savings of the track package when I lose that savings, and more, from the added fuel expense of driving there?

And who the hell wants to pay $25 for one day of electric? On top of the $25 pit bike fee. On top of the $50 (I think that's accurate, not 100%) to camp using your toy hauler?

I understand we need people to buy out track days to get more days. I get that, it's not rocket science. It's also not rocket science that you're going to have a hell of a lot less participation when the cost of the track day nearly DOUBLES. I understand inflation. I know prices have to go up, but doubled in one year?
Agree once again. Don't see how in any way running just a Monday or Friday is going to bring more people in either and now those days cost as much as the weekend days use to. What do we have one weekend of vir south and everything else is Monday or Friday? The other math I get....this math not so much.

RADAR Magnet

03bueller;299104 wrote: I'm not disagreeing with the one day, I won't be going to any of the single days at VIR either or any other track for that matter. However the schedule is not yet finalized, sometime you have to have a little bit of faith. We've all seen tons of days added as the year goes on because of how fluid the track day environment is.
Schedule is 95% final according to Bob (third post)

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=32775

moto1320

I did a package last year, my other three pit buddies were going to do them along with me this year. We can barely get to the track and traveling is out except maybe once a year. We can really only ride locally, like a lot of people. With only 8 VIR days, few grouped weekends, and a 10 day required buy-in... it's too close to pay upfront and leave to chance. If there are more dates coming I'll wait and still buy the package later. That's 6 grand that was going to be spent up front that's not now. We'll still attend as many VIR days as you can provide, but what I kept hearing was NESBA needed was more commitment from riders up front. The present set up makes it hard for us to do that.

If any of the speculation that there is maybe less reception to motorcycles at VIR these days is true, or financial impossibilities prevent NESBA from having more dates, or more dates will come later...I would like to know.

jcrich

As far as VIR, a few years ago, we could only get North on Mondays, never on the weekend due to the car folks. It has only been in the last couple years that there have been North days on the weekend. That might be the case again.

moto1320

Mondays are great. That's my day off. It doesn't seem like there are a ton of them booked...even with the other orgs. Maybe the car guys are eating those up too.

bmrboy

Not .... going to get to excited ..... can only hope VIR days will come around ...... :banghead:

May have to try Summit out ... Then again , riding the country roads is always good fun ....

IT REALLY WOULD BE A SHAME TO LOSE SOUTH COARSE DAYS ....... :eek:

crash675

Looks like elite pricing is the same as basic use to be. 195.00 vir north. I also seen a price spike for summit main. 4/20 is 165 I think but 185.00 in may.