Summit Point Main pavement update

Geoff Doyer

It wasn't a typical driveway type sealer - it was more like a two part epozy mix with sand mixed in for traction. Anyway, the paving is done in 1/2, 5, and 6 and is so far getting great reviews

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Looks pretty good. How are the transitions from old to new? Any big bumps entering or exiting the patched areas?

JDog

Track is in GREAT shape. They left 3, 4, 8, 9, 10 alone so you still need to find your way over the epoxy mix in 3 and 10, no big deal. Best part is... it's not hard on tires AT ALL compared to the last repave, probably due to the fact that most of the track is still on 'old' pavement.

Anywho... MUCH better than the last time I was there. Set my new personal best if that's worth anything.

---
'07 600RR
:a: #313 -- Primer Power!!!

BobbyG

We still have a few spots available for Monday and the wx should be great! Come out and have some fun. See you there!

snikwad

my mans from my car forum hit it yesterday, says it is awesome. he gave me 2 samplers.
heres the more illustrative one...

RogerLyleSummitMainSept42008046.jpg

KneeDragr

Hope it lasts till the 13th.

They have car events next week and in the past "fixes" didnt survive even the 1st day of car use.

Wish they would bring the concrete back. If they patched those exact areas with concrete the issue would be resolved for several years.

snmirab

I would rather have the new asphalt in the corners than the concrete. First off asphalt does not 'cure' as everyone has been referring to it. It cools down and that is it. The reason it was unraveling in the corners is different. And a long winded answer, which I'll spare everyone from unless they really want to hear it. Yes it releases oils for about a year so it should not be sealed prior to that. But concrete does actually cure. It has a chemical reaction that takes up to a 28 days to reach "full" strenght. So if they did put concrete in, they would have to stay off of it with vehicle traffic for at least a week, unless they put an accelerator in it get it to cure faster. But from a rider's stand point I would rather ride over the same material thru the turns as the straights. Different materials have different friction coefficents so the traction is different. Yeah we dealt with it before, but that is part of the reason the track got it's nickname.

I am sure that the track has not sorted out the blame completely yet, but I applaud them for stepping up and fixing it as quickly as they could. With their schedule, I'm sure it was a difficult to pull off w/o bumping anyone, but they managed to do it. Thank you Summit!

snmirab

I'm actually in Harrisonville, which I like to call Psuedo e-berg. I am off of 26 just before the first bridge heading west. If you know where "The Cycle Shack" is, my street is just after them. We should keep is touch for long hauls and consider car pooling...