Summit Point

Motofun352

Control Rider
OK, enough is enough... :) What's the scoop on Summit Point? I've waited patiently (not really) waiting for Summit dates to get posted...Is it gonna happen, are things moving slowly, or is it really f**ked up and probably lost for the year? A little communication would be appreciated as vacation needs to be planned for the year. Thanks :popcorn:

JohnS

Jack, the owner died not that long ago. I don't think the family is too concerned about who rents the track right now.

Could you not ride another track?

Motofun352

Control Rider
True, I will ride other tracks...but if Summiot Point wiats too long they could seriously lose out on the whole year. I doubt the business would survive such an impact, then it would be lost for long time.............I guess I'll just have to move on....

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Considering all the governmental training they have there....and how long it has been there. I doubt they need any track orgs to rent the place in order to stay in bidness. Heck, I am willing to bet the only financial thing they worry about is property taxes.

Blinky

I don't think it is a Summit problem, I have seen other track Orgs with a track weekend every month scheduled. Seems like a Nesba thing. Maybe they just need to finalize the dates.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
True, other orgs have dates there. On the WERA board, someone rumored that NESBA and TPM are no longer running Main? However, everything I've read on this board implies we'll have dates there this year. I hope so, I really like Main.

Blinky

My goal is to do all AMA track courses one year, and in my dream I want to do all the MotoGP courses.
:popcorn:

BrianK01

GetYoPopcornReady.gif

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Blinky;104052 wrote: My goal is to do all AMA track courses one year, and in my dream I want to do all the MotoGP courses.
:popcorn:
Blinky :agree:...I also would like to do a Isle of Man TT, not racing of course...just to ride the track at my pace.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
nope....still the same...

maybe they were testing a new site...

IMO, that track could be the bees knees if they would put a little money into it