VIR in Aug

bmrboy

Irish01;249465 wrote: I think this might be a GOOD time!!!! :D INNNNNN for all 3 days!

Awesome, south is a blast ..... Say, what are the chances of a saturday night meet & greet BBQ ??
have"nt heard any mention of any little get togethers ??

Everyone bring some grub, up under the tent and chow down like last year .... :dunno:

JRA

Definitely will be a meet and greet on Saturday evening. In fact, just this evening Corey whipped up some of his fabulous grillings and we had a great time at CMP.:adore:

Irish01

Corey is the man! He can cook his ass off! :adore: Wish we coulda been there to partake in the track time and festivities for sure! We'll gladly join in under the tent for the Meet and Great for this one !

corymac

Had a great time at CMP. Saturday night was a blast, I was a little slow this morning. I made some Baby back ribs this time. Never did that before, I was a little nervous about it but I think everyone like them. I think Kenny I'll have to bring 2 smokers to South and do a couple of Boston Butts and some Baby Back Ribs too.
Thanks John, glad you like them. I will see you guys for South on Saturday and Sunday

I am glad to see all you folks are as worked up about this one as I am!!!! I have a couple of questions, that I hope can be answered here. What is the availability of electrical power at VIR? How much is it? And, when are we allowed to move our pit from South to North?

Kruizen

Control Rider
I am tempted to set up my tent at north saturday night, and set the canopy up at south for Sunday day. Then I only have to bring the canopy etc to north on Sunday night.

franikk

Kruizen;249508 wrote: I am tempted to set up my tent at north saturday night, and set the canopy up at south for Sunday day. Then I only have to bring the canopy etc to north on Sunday night.
Usually VIR runs cars on the north course while we run the South. I wouldn't trust my stuff out of sight like that.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
franikk;249516 wrote: Usually VIR runs cars on the north course while we run the South. I wouldn't trust my stuff out of sight like that.
I would definitely agree with this. It'd be a whole different story if you knew somebody running their car that you could leave your stuff with them.

Kruizen

Control Rider
What I ment was that if my family comes and my daughter brings a friend the. I'm bringing the palatial tent-only want I have to set it up once. Everything bike related would be in suv/trailer with us at south.

JRA

We aren't allowed to set anything up in the North Paddock until after 5:30 Sunday evening. Sorry.

My last trip to VIR for a while. I'm coming in Sunday late afternoon, riding North on Monday, trying to decide what to do to kill time on Tuesday, and riding a STAR School on Wednesday. I would've liked one more day on South course before I move to New Orleans but it didn't work out. The bonus of course is I get to do NOLA every month once I move :)

onepointone

Just purchased Sat and Sun for south course and Barber in Nov. Pretty excited. Haven't been on the track since 2010..

gixxerlvr

I am going to be there Saturday, hope to meet some folks here. Came from Cali doing willow and chuckwalla. I have done VIR north and south though.

gixxerlvr

I see we have Marines on here. I am one as well; from Cherry Point. What is the best way to get to VIR from here?

S/F

jorge1812

McGixxer, DJhunter, Art and myself are in for saturday and sunday :) we're really excited for TD and cant wait. to bad i'll be riding by myself though :( all of my buddies got bumped to I last TD at CMP.

jorge1812

gixxerlvr;249987 wrote: I see we have Marines on here. I am one as well; from Cherry Point. What is the best way to get to VIR from here?

S/F
yeah dude, there is plenty of us here. if you want, you can follow us. we have two trucks and trailers going. we take 258 pretty much all the way up to I40, kinda like going towards Raleigh, well actually just like going towards Raleigh. we get off on exit 176 and its pretty much a straight shot to VIR. We're in Lejeune though.