WERA @ BeaveRun September 5-6

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Jiggy;79920 wrote: hmmmmm, now you have me thinking whether or not I should register for the ASS class too for that weekend. Havent diced it up with you since WERA in June. decisions....decisions.....:notsure:
Ah, come on out and play an A-SS, I like to get warmed up in this race for the G-SB (geezer superbike)!

I need to press fast forward to the 3rd really quick....
.. Already done setting up shop and the bikes neatly under the easy-up. I walk up the mountain to the bathroom of BeaveRun and I'm greeted by a mountain of food fresh off the grill. I stuff my face as I wonder how I'm going to make it back to my tent.
+O yea the racing... part too+
As I take my spot on the second row I grid up for another valuable points race as I chase the championship leader. It's just another practice when the the flag is waved:) It's another track day with NESBA and I'm only worried about myself. Im just making sure my brain is dialed in on me and only me. I recognize all the bikes ahead of me and throw them away. For safety reasons I be become aware of my surroundings, where, when, how.....Now I claim the pavement my two tires are riding on.
**The flag is waved**

So I'm pretty exicited......

ridelater

was going to race the supermoto there double points weekend the second best dirt section in the series. was going to check out the wera side as well and see how things work . i will be doing that next year to off set the supermoto, but imy sm just starting blowing oil out of god know where on it yesterday at a practice.:argh:

Jiggy

Control Rider
ridelater;79969 wrote: quick question, can someone just show up and join wera and race the same weekend?
On the WERA schedule for Beave, they do have a Rider's School Mock race scheduled for the last race on Saturday, so I assume they are having the school in the morning. Typically, you just show up at registration early on Saturday and ask where the Rider's school people sign up. Its a day long class with track/classroom time after which you take a test on what you have learned and then have a mock race at the end of the day. Granted you pass the written test and dont wreck in the mock race, you are granted a provisional novice license with them to use for your next two race weekends (wearing an orange shirt). Not sure if the price differs throughout the year but I believe I paid $150 for the school in June. Then you have to buy your license, remember to use your 50%coupon in the NESBA member's book.

Check WERA's rulebook and verify if you are a member of any of the recognized licensing organizations, in that case you would not have to pay and participate in the school.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
Friday there is going to be a trackday/race licensing day out there for $100 bucks so you can run on saturday. Thats what I'm going to do to be able to run that weekend for ive never beenn involved with wera before. PM me for details if you want, I don't want to make it seem like im advertising another orgs trackdays on here cause im definately not....

Bluenvy

Jiggy;79920 wrote: hmmmmm, now you have me thinking whether or not I should register for the ASS class too for that weekend. Havent diced it up with you since WERA in June. decisions....decisions.....:notsure:
you should. im doing A, B, and C SS's

rk97

pajixxer;79979 wrote: Friday there is going to be a trackday/race licensing day out there for $100 bucks so you can run on saturday. Thats what I'm going to do to be able to run that weekend for ive never beenn involved with wera before. PM me for details if you want, I don't want to make it seem like im advertising another orgs trackdays on here cause im definately not....
i'm doing the same. look for the creamsicle (II)!

rk97

well, i'm taking the school - i don't know if i can do the mock race :(

depends on when it starts, and how much work i'll need to do to pass tech.

plus on Qualifiers, I'm not exactly looking to encourage my (overly?)competitive-spirit. Hopefully I can show up at another round and not have to re-take the class, but I'll work it out with Mongo when the time comes.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
I'm at the same spot you are rk97 I'm definatly going on friday but not sure what will happen after that for the rest of the weekend, the wera rulebook and schedule is a bit confusing for a noob like myself.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
but i do only live 15 minutes from beaverun so ill probly be there all weekend anyways

kd83

pajixxer;81226 wrote: I'm at the same spot you are rk97 I'm definatly going on friday but not sure what will happen after that for the rest of the weekend, the wera rulebook and schedule is a bit confusing for a noob like myself.

If you guys got quesiton on the rule book, post them up. Everyone here will try and help you out and explain. Not to mention give you a hand prepping the bike friday night when we get out there.

rk97

cool - thanks. I'm sure they'll go over most things in the race school.

my bike is probably 90% drilled, and 80% wired (i just ran out of safety wire and need to buy more), but I want to take a look at a drilled banjo-bolt, and some of the other more obscure stuff that trackdays wouldn't dream of requiring.

the other obvious things I know will fail WERA tech are my number plates. Would they tell me I can't ride, or let me ride, but post it as a DNF? I don't plan on buying or renting a transponder, but I wouldn't mind seeing how I stack up against some other riders.

my biggest concerns are that I've never attempted a race start (especially not on my track bike), and that I will be running Qualifiers and no warmers. Kind of slows me down for lap 1 of any race.

Katie785

You dont pass real tech for the mock race.... You can go B pace and still get a 3rd or 2nd likely depeding on who runs (its ALL classes in 1 and there's usually only 8 guys max on all sorts of bikes - 125s, 250s, 1ks, vintage, whatever... )- dont go fast, just finish... and you dont need to have a great start.. just go when the green flag drops.. ask Justin and Jiggy - their entire class had to restart because no one went when the flag dropped LOL...

You dont need a number or plates for the mock race. .. you'll be fine.. just do it. Treat it like your first lap around the track on your first day in B.

rk97

Katie785;81435 wrote: Treat it like your first lap around the track on your first day in B.
you may want to ask Pascal about my first day in B before standing by that advice!

appreciate all the answers though :) I am going to get to Beave miserably late tonight, and I don't even care.