WERA @ BeaveRun September 5-6

kd83

More then welcome to stop on over and throw my warmers on before the mock race if you would like, they have a low setting so they shouldn't over cook the tires.

bike #383 yellow R6 should be pretty easy to spot

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
ok so friday im doing the trackday/race licensing and after completing that I will be able to do the mock race as a provisional novice. This is where I am confused, on the wera schedule the mock race is on saturday... So does this mean i will be paying like normal fees to enter a race but it will be the mock race on saturday plus what I am paying for on friday. Or is there a mock race on friday as well?

rob92

Control Rider
N2
pajixxer;81480 wrote: ok so friday im doing the trackday/race licensing and after completing that I will be able to do the mock race as a provisional novice. This is where I am confused, on the wera schedule the mock race is on saturday... So does this mean i will be paying like normal fees to enter a race but it will be the mock race on saturday plus what I am paying for on friday. Or is there a mock race on friday as well?
When you pay WERA for the school, that includes the mock-race (unless you're using someone else, I don't know how that works). The only rules in the mock race is that you must complete the race (without crashing) and then you are considered a provisional novice. If you crash during the race, I believe you take the school again and do it all over, but there is no charge.

Once you pass the class and the mock-race, you'll be given a piece of paper that will be your temporary license. You'll then be able to enter in races and you need to bring it with you to events. After completing two race events (by location/track event, not individual races), you will be upgraded to a novice racer. For your first two events, you're required to wear a bright orange, green (or bright contrast color) shirt to indicate that you're a provisional/noobie racer so others at least know it's your first time out there.

I seems a little confusing to sit and read through the manuals/materials, etc. but once you're there, you get registered, and tech'd for the first time, it'll be no big deal. You'll probably want to give your bike a once over and make sure you're safety-wired in all required locations. Advise: bring a drill or have a friend handy that has one!

There are lots of NESBA folks at the races, I too am a noob and just got rid of my orange shirt at the WERA CycleJam last month.

If nothing else, you're going to have a blast when you guys are gridded up for the first time and you get ready to launch the bike on the starter's go. Let's look at it this way, your launch could not possibly be worse than than when me, Will, Jiggy, and Justin were in the race school together. They red-flagged us, yelled at us, and told us it was by far the worst start they had ever witnessed.

Have fun!

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
ok well that makes a little more sense but what myself and i think a couple other nesba guys are doing is not directly wera but affiliated with them to where if we complete friday then we are in the provisional novice state and would be able to register for the weekend. meehh but im not sure i could get my bike to pass tech. I still have the factory plastics on it unfortunatly=no belly pan

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
My plan was to run HWT and CSS but the rear header pipe on my SV1000 exhaust came apart and I found out this week that there are no replacements. I will not be back together in time for this weekend.

I am however, planning on riding to the track with Tony A and playing pit crew to anyone needing some help. I'm not 100% sure what our plans are but it would be cool to see the mock race and cheer the NESBA crew on. I know our mock race at summit was a hoot! "B Pace" my ass!

Tony A

Congrats to Katie, Drew, Dale, John and Justin, you all represented nesba well.:adore:

Rob, we where lookin for you?

rk97

great job this weekend everyone.

Brad - you've gotta get some track bodywork man... your lap times were damn impressive, especially on a stock suspension.

Dale, Justin and Katie were all fast as hell, but I expect that by now!

I wish the WERA license wasn't so damn expensive... I was looking at $250 in fees just to run the Solo 20, but after watching 2 of my race-school classmates run it (#711 who crashed out, and #84 on the primer RR), I think I may have done better than I expected.

There's always Summit :) (or next year)

dale.b

John and Justin, you guys are going to own novice next year for sure! Shit happens sometimes, it's usually not fair or equitable.

Dean, I continue to be impressed with your fortitude and committment! Keep it up man, you are getting faster each time!

Tony, good work out there! John, good to see you!

Katie, Drew, nice work. Especially using the same bike - you two racers know how to improvise!!

As for me, a couple wins and a crash in C Superbike. Got part of what I wanted this weekend. Was hoping I would have enough margin to sit out the last CSB round. Threw that away this weekend. But, I improved my average time (improved best time slightly). More work to do. I am looking forward to running with the experts next season and pulling my tiems down even more.

Good work, everyone! See you guys at the next round!

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
rk97;82155 wrote: great job this weekend everyone.

Brad - you've gotta get some track bodywork man... your lap times were damn impressive, especially on a stock suspension.

Dale, Justin and Katie were all fast as hell, but I expect that by now!

I wish the WERA license wasn't so damn expensive... I was looking at $250 in fees just to run the Solo 20, but after watching 2 of my race-school classmates run it (#711 who crashed out, and #84 on the primer RR), I think I may have done better than I expected.

There's always Summit :) (or next year)
thanks again for letting my use your timer. I had a blast battling with some of those guys in A. It was a whole different level up there, but I think i pushed my stocker as far as it can go. Time to upgrade! Ive been searchin on weras' message board and there seems to be a bunch of great deals over there.

Drewbie

It was a great weekend! Despite starting off rough with the van breaking down then having to get to the track in Katie's Audi TT only to share my motorcycle, we had a blast.

Felt great to be back on the bike again. Ran my best time of 59.2 to a fourth place finish in 600 Superstock. And got nipped at the line by Sam Giage to take 5th in 600 Superbike.

Thanks to Dale, Scott and Ron for helping Katie and I out this weekend. And of course to Joe's Garage for building and setting up a great race bike!

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Tony A;82149 wrote: Congrats to Katie, Drew, Dale, John and Justin, you all represented nesba well.:adore:

Rob, we where lookin for you?
Hey, Tony. Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you guys and the rest of the gang. My bike's in pieces as I suffered a FedEx snafu leaving me out for the weekend. But... I'm all ready to go now for the next 3 weekends (Summit NESBA, Summit WERA, Nelson WERA).

So hopefully we'll get to ride with you guys shortly. How did you do?

Tony A

BoyR1;82243 wrote: Hey, Tony. Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you guys and the rest of the gang. My bike's in pieces as I suffered a FedEx snafu leaving me out for the weekend. But... I'm all ready to go now for the next 3 weekends (Summit NESBA, Summit WERA, Nelson WERA).

So hopefully we'll get to ride with you guys shortly. How did you do?
Good weekend 1st HWT novice and 2nd SMW novice, now it helps that theres only six bikes in my class.;)

Jiggy

Control Rider
NESBA was definitely representing this past weekend. Dale, sorry you wrecked. You were cookin' out there, I couldnt run you down in the SOLO on Saturday and you stepped it up even more on Sunday. And Katie, a couple practices and 1 SOLO is all it took to be competitive and podium on a completely different bike??!!!....holy $hit. Most take years to learn just their own bikes. Congrats also to Tony for the podiums, Drew for the double digit lap times. And Jon, get your exhaust figured out so we can play at Main this weekend. Rob, I think you just heard that Justin and I were showing up this weekend, therefore you completely disassembled your bike so you would have an excuse not to show up. :idea:

Now this is the part where I usually make fun of Justin......I shall refrain given his asspacking that he incurred Sunday. I will just say that passing him on the final turn and taking 2nd in the SOLO was bitter sweet revenge for the last WERA weekend we attended together.

See yall in a couple days at Main.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
John, I think I'm set. Found an exhaust in NJ and it should be here tomorrow or Thursday. As long as everything mounts up right, I should be good for Main this weekend and if all goes well WERA the next.

I had a blast cheering everyone on this past weekend. I would have had more fun racing but shit happens (my part from TiForce is still not here). Drew and Katie were looking great. Didn't even give the bike a chance to cool down between races. Sweet! Dale was smokin out there. Justin, I hope your feeling ok after the ass pack. John, all you have to do is leave it wide open.....:doh:

I'll see everyone this weekend.