What does your bike number mean?

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
It started as #793, and is now #93

I don't recall what my first number was..... I think there was #342 on the SV that I bought, so i ran that for my first track day in 2004. I began racing with WERA in 2005 and could pick my race number, but you had to start with a 3 digit number. The #7 was my position/number from my years of playing rugby and I added that to #93 which is my fraternity pledge number. I kept #793 on the bike for my first year of racing/trackdays. In 2006, WERA granted me the two digit option and I picked #93. I will keep that!!

(I had to run a 3 digit number for the AMA Pro races in 2008 also.... #793. Funny thing, it's now #93 too!)

dbakerpa

betarace;159422 wrote: 17 - the length of my penis (in inches), my birthday (17th) and my favorite rider when I was young (DuHamel).
Smart move specifying units - it could have gotten ugly.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
#476 The number of my Masonic Lodge. Wife asked why I didn't use her birthday or our anniversary, I said I can't remember those numbers...... That didn't go well to say the least.

avizpls

#11-A
erick1670;159373 wrote: mine is also the year I was born, I like 11 is my month, I like 16 is my day but 70 I like better :dunno:
also my bday. but in 83.

11-number suggested by lady friend when I was racing my car and its just stuck since then. Some people know me better by my number than my name

bryant#40

The number 40 has popped up in significant ways throughout my life since I was a small child. I have always had an attachment to the number.

LesPow

Control Rider
Nick name of the guy who taught me how to ride a motorcycle in JA. It was a really heavy 750 Kawi. No helmet, flip flops, and a red stripe. On our way for the 420. Haha

sheepofblue

179 was taken (old dirt tracking number) and 256 was available. I just kind of liked it but it is also the range of eight bits and my area code so when I get more senile I might remember it

tittys04

my buddy from college raced motocross and his number was 519. he was killed in a motorcycle accident, so it was a no brainer for me. I also have a "in memory of G" sticker on the swingarm.

Joe Vital

initially it was 528, a number NESBA assigned back when they still did those things. now it is 52, because when I painted my old ZX-6 the three digit number didn't fit.

Gorecki

I have #87 on the bike now as it was on the bike when I got it. But I really don't have any association to the number. I'm expecting to do a complete paint job and redo the number. The number I have worn a ton of times throughout life in sports is #8 but it appears NESBA restricts 0-9. :( So not having any strong ties to any other number just may go with #99 (family thing) or stick with the #87 for lack of desirable options.

Southerly

It was my age when I first rode on the track, and was easy to do with tape. When I made a fancy number sticker, I thought that the number worked really well, so stuck with it.

thundertwini

When I was a little boy, my family lived in CT and we belonged to a sailing club. At this saililng club, the kids raced little plywood cat boats designed by the club in 1948 and built by a boatyard down the street. They were called Wee Nips. Sort of like a larger, more stable Optimist, which is what a lot of kids learn to sail on these days.

Anyway, when I got to be old enough (9 or so) my folks bought a used boat for me to race. It was Hull No. 37. It has been my favorite number since then. When I raced CCS, I ran 337, since i had to have a 3 digit number. Now that I am just doing track days, I shortened it to 37.

TripleThreat;159424 wrote: Month and day of my anniversary... Thought it might be a decent tribute to my wife, given the time away from the family playing around at the track. At least when she shows pictures of my hobby to her friends and relatives and they ask about the number, she can smile when she tells them what it means...
dito....

March 26. Gains me a point every time someone asks this question with her around......so everyone please ask over and over!