What does your bike number mean?

beac83

1983 was the year my life got stood on it's head.

So 83 represents a new beginning. When I started riding with NESBA and needed to pick a number, it seemed fitting. I was hitting the track for the first time after 33 years of street riding.

smack28752

Started out with 77 - the year I graduated H.S. It looked cool and you could just buy a "7" number pack....

When I bought my track bike it had sweet custom numbers, graduated in height to fit on the tail section. It also sounds good...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
75 That's been my number since I started out doing trackdays many moons ago. 75 is the first two digits of my phone number. Additionally, 5 is my house number and my birth month. My phone number has four 5s in it. Lots of other dates significant to me also include 7s and 5s.

ronhix

I asked my wife and two daughters to each pick a number - 0 to 9.

Wife picked 7, daughters picked 5 and 9. I put them together and made them 975.

Mr.DJ

Everyday past the age of 32 is my extended gift. A reminder to enjoy life at it's fullest. Things change so suddenly.

Gonzo511

TripleThreat;159424 wrote: Month and day of my anniversary... Thought it might be a decent tribute to my wife, given the time away from the family playing around at the track. At least when she shows pictures of my hobby to her friends and relatives and they ask about the number, she can smile when she tells them what it means...

511 - Same here except that my motorcycle was actually picked out by my wife as an anniversary gift to me so of course I numbered the bike to commemorate that. Some of you might of seen the bike at the Chili Cook Off weekend on Labor Day at Blackhawk Farm Raceway. Its the 2004 GSXR 1000 that was blue to light blue fade and all bling'ed out.

mike27

michicago;159420 wrote: My bike number is 11, but unlike all those lazy bastids I actually chose it for a reason! :)

I was born at 11:11am, and when numbers were given out in baseball I was given 11. I chose 11 in basketball and had 11 on my dirt bike growing up.

I was also married 11/11 and 11/11/11 will be my 5 year anni.

So, it's a common number, but I couldn't run anything else.
Small world. I was married on 11/11 and 11/11/11 will be my 5th. anniversary too. I chose that date because I have seen 11:11 on a clock just about every day since I was a sophmore in high school.

LOrtega

Control Rider
slow_honda;161823 wrote: Wow,20 years and your still that slow :D
Why do SLOWER guys always comment on how slow I am ...
OK 690 stands for

Dave can see me for 6 turns
By the 9 th turn I have dusted him :wow:
he has 0 chance of catching me :haha:

LMAO ... is it me or do we jack ever thread and start busting each other over whos slow
:agree:
LOL

dbakerpa

Now it means the month and year I was born. It used to be the age I started track riding but the CCS and WERA computer didnt like that one.

michicago

mike27;160361 wrote: Small world. I was married on 11/11 and 11/11/11 will be my 5th. anniversary too. I chose that date because I have seen 11:11 on a clock just about every day since I was a sophmore in high school.
Ha, cool! Yeah, I do the same thing with the clock, too. Whether I'm at work, driving, home... I nearly always see the clock at 11:11.

ZOOK131

69, well ummmm......it was all that came to mind at the time I originally signed up & I have been too lazy to change numbers. I will go to 131, my daughter's b-day.

greeny

everyone and their mom already had 11, so i threw an 8 in front of it. allz i gotta say is that michael morgan better retire before i hit the AMA :haha: