What is the difference in US vs UK

borislav

Control Rider
noobinacan;267895 wrote: Softer compound great for HOT days, better wear /grip on hot days.

I think it was just that the new tech to make ntec UK slick was now available in the US.
and hence the tire's produced here in the US at cheaper cost vs imported.
You are correct and also not correct!
If I was at NJMP with same tire and temperature was the same as at RA I would have to flip it at lunch time!!!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
HaVoC;267882 wrote: Vinny, Soft front & Med rear.

The us 200/55 and the uk 195/65 are only a mm of diffrence in height as well as the front.I ride a 1 ltr bike so i dont use the us 190/55.
the 200 us rear is more apples to apples to the 195 uk rear in terms of height. the 200 has a tiny bit more width. But like D-Zum stated
the 195 uk to 190 us there will be a significant diffrence in height. But the 200 us is a heavy tire for a 600.
Thanks Bro! Def going to give it a shot.

Lonewrench

They are all N-tech. Does anyone here know what N-Tec means anyway? As far as the U.S vs the UK tire, just try them for yourselves you will be the best judge for yourselves. We go through this tire stuff at least twice a year here on the board, it never ceases to amaze me how opinions vary and then some of the info is just bogus .

Backmarker

Control Rider
Even if your running for an expert podium in a wera or ccs race,

the US made Ntec tires will more than get you there.

:D

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
That is for the D212's, unfortunately you aren't gonna find any of those on this side of the pond. I know for the UK tires, a lot of that stuff has build dates at least a year old. If your buying the new american tires you can find rubber that is only a few weeks old.

The american tires got a bad name from the shit they were making a few years ago, I raced on the new tires a few weeks ago and was really suprised at the progress they have made.

madriders86

My main concern is tire life, as any of the dunlops have enough grip for me.

I've heard that the UK tires can be FLIPPED but the US tires cannot be flipped because they are of directional belt construction (not just the rain sipes). Can anybody confirm this?

I don't suppose there are 160 d211 rears available locally :rolleyes:

philthethrill

It all boils down to tire life, gp will last twice as long.ill be doing 20 races this season. If I ran gpa fronts id use one a weekwnd if i use the gp I use one every two weekends. Now I still use the gpa rears because of price . They all grip just abput the same but I will say the gp front feals diff to me. More feedback but maybe its in my head. Oh and ive heard your not suppose to flip the us tires also. But I know lots of guys who do and have no trouble.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

rugbydawg13

I've flipped the gpa fronts and rears, no problem. Chuck and Dunlop racing have both seen the tires I've flipped and never had a bad thing to say. You'll see a small seam and it'll just stay there but never notice it. Just like an extra sipe really.

...Sent from three hours behind you

crewnutz

I ran the US tires at Macau and they worked perfectly

The US stuff is right on par with the UK and as mentioned earlier...they keep people in the US employed!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
philthethrill;269737 wrote: It all boils down to tire life, gp will last twice as long.ill be doing 20 races this season. If I ran gpa fronts id use one a weekwnd if i use the gp I use one every two weekends. Now I still use the gpa rears because of price . They all grip just abput the same but I will say the gp front feals diff to me. More feedback but maybe its in my head. Oh and ive heard your not suppose to flip the us tires also. But I know lots of guys who do and have no trouble.

I flipped them all season with no issues...

philthethrill

I delaminted 4 tires last season all U.S.. not sure why but it happenwd. I just purchasd the new compound gpa for this year. Hoping for better results with wear

Aweasel

phil, long way from home over here eh

I've had the UK's on mine for a lot of railing so far and they look fine, I think they're good for a few more weekends honestly. Did 5 races at Roebling with Wera plus the practice sessions. Also did the whole weekend at Road Atlanta. Never moved once, nothing out of the ordinary on wear. Great tires. I see no point in running anything besides GP-As or the GP tires this year. Best tires out. As far as flipping, I've only heard the GP-As will tear or crack causing chunks to come off of the tire.

Lonewrench

philthethrill;269814 wrote: I delaminted 4 tires last season all U.S.. not sure why but it happenwd. I just purchasd the new compound gpa for this year. Hoping for better results with wear

I'd love to see a pic of the de-laminated tire. Ive never seen a US tire do so. Such a thing should be brought to the attention of Dunlop. Please post pics or PM me a pick.

philthethrill

Lonewrench;269831 wrote: I'd love to see a pic of the de-laminated tire. Ive never seen a US tire do so. Such a thing should be brought to the attention of Dunlop. Please post pics or PM me a pick.
I have brought this to the attention of my race director in moto series and he was suppose to email dunlop. Like ive said its happened four times . Two front two rears, the one in the picture has less then 20 laps on it
u2uty7yj.jpg
5apuna5e.jpg
uvaja2ug.jpg
gu8a5u7e.jpg