Whats a good 600 trackbike ??????

bmrboy

OK, This is what I'm looking for ... I need some good information .... I'm thinking of getting another track bike.
I'm more accustomed to larger 1000cc bikes ... My delema here is what would be the best for me ..... R/6 OR GSXR-600 ??

What are the differences in the handling charteristis , brakes , engine performance , I realize that with an R/6 you sit on it
GSXR-600 you sit in it. I've been riding for close to 50 yrs. but I know Zero about these 600.

I understand engine power curves , frame geometry , frontend feed back, all that good stuff ..... are there any model yrs.
that are better than others ???? I need some good unbiased opinions here ... some guys swear by R/6 or gsxr-600
its obvious to me its one or the other... but which should I get ?????? I'm hoping that some of you more senior riders
can lend me some of your valuable info here to help me with my decision ..I've been told by some GSXR-600 are very
comfortable to a certain extent very adjustable and easy to ride ..R/6 SAME BUT DIFFERANT you feel like your riding the
front wheel more both very light cornering is sweet transition from right to left very turnable ....

So if you could please in some detale tell me what you think, what are your experiences, would appreciate any info that you
have,I want something that I can enjoy riding and have some fun with ... THANKS :D

PJZOCC624

Kinda depends on how well you adapt to new bikes and new riding styles. (My experience was with an 04 GSXR and and 08 R6 FWIW) IMO, the GSXR is a better bike than the R6 all day long - easier to ride with better midrange. Now, the R6 had better stock suspension than the GSXR, and was razor sharp - but twitchy. I always felt with the GSXR I could change my line midturn, give bar inputs and not upset the bike. The R6 seemed to get upset more easily. Plus, the GSXR's midrange made getting off the corners easier, but you'd lose the drag race on a long straight to the R6. You've got to keep the Yammy spun up above 12k to get any kind of drive.

For comparison's sake, at Beaverun, I lost 3 seconds a lap on the R6 vs the GSXR, and I was riding the snot out of it. The GSXR was turning faster laps and didn't seem like nearly as much effort. I know EVERYONE loves the R6, but the GSXR is a better all-around package.

That said, you should consider the SV650. Cheap, lots of mods available, easy on tires, and you'll learn more about corner speed on that bike than on a R6/GSXR-6... plus twins are FUUUUUUUUUUN! It'd be a great juxtaposition from your S1000RR and make you a better rider.

noobinacan

LOL Mike...welcome back :D

Get either a CBR 600rr or a GSXR 600.
the new GSXR600 is a really nice bike.

The reason is, both those bikes have relaxed ergonomics and lots of mid range. which makes them easy to ride, easy to drag knee everywhere...lots of parts availability as well.

From talking with you this part weekend, I don't think you will like the R6, ergonomics are very aggressive.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Can't go wrong with either. Sit on both of them, do a Yamaha demo at the track. I like my gixxer. I demo'd the R6. The motor was awesome, but I didn't care for the seating position. Having ridden Hondas (929) and Suzuki (gsxr600), the seating position is such that I feel I'm "in" the bike. With the R6, I felt perched up on top of it, much more aggressive riding position (at least for me, I'm about 5'4". If that makes sense. The R6 would be an adjustment for me.

Both have easy parts availability. I basicialy rebuilt my crashed bike this past winter with used ebay parts that were plentiful...I had a choice of stuff.

PATBAROK

a buddy of mine-when he first started going to the track had a gix6 for a couple of years and then switched to an R6-rode that for a season til he ended up going back to the gix, and til this day he still rides a gix on the track.

I asked him why-he basically stated the same as what PJZOCC said....

JVance

For doing trackdays...6 in one half dozen in the other. Pick up which ever one you can find the best deal on. I wouldn't exclude the ZX6R or CBR either.

kawaholic

damn mike...that didn't take long...lmfao...coming out of retirement already??? this should be interesting to see you out there without that cheetah bike...:haha:

seriously though...you know i'll tell you to get a kawi but i agree with jvance. look for a good deal on which ever brand fits you best. do the yami demo and sit on whatever else you can and see what you like. i'll let you take mine for a spin sometime if you want...

TEAM GREEN BABY!!!!! :D

bmrboy

kawaholic;276202 wrote: damn mike...that didn't take long...lmfao...coming out of retirement already??? this should be interesting to see you out there without that cheetah bike...:haha:

seriously though...you know i'll tell you to get a kawi but i agree with jvance. look for a good deal on which ever brand fits you best. do the yami demo and sit on whatever else you can and see what you like. i'll let you take mine for a spin sometime if you want...

TEAM GREEN BABY!!!!! :D

Well TOM its like this .... the meds are better .... I can't let you guys have all that fun without me ...

And yes, the BMW WAS A BLAST TO RIDE .. FAST AS HELL ... as you are well aware of ... Damn near sucked you of your
seat ... a few times !!!! :eek: But let me say this .... the BMW did not come with auto pilot ! :D

kawaholic

yeah, just traction control, abs and wheelie control...:D

don't make me bust out the video of me coming by you on the brakes at the top of the roller coaster on full course...:cool::p

nroussin

Damn near every modern 600 is going to give you what you are looking for performance wise. Like everyone else has said it honestly depends on feel for you and the bike. If it were me I'd go with team green :D, I've had a bunch of them and have yet to find something else that feels better to me.

bmrboy

kawaholic;276208 wrote: yeah, just traction control, abs and wheelie control...:D

don't make me bust out the video of me coming by you on the brakes at the top of the roller coaster on full course...:cool::p
YEAH ...... I believe that was my 2nd track day on that bike .... As well as my 2nd time on a race track in 34yrs.

Oh Tom, your just soooo fast ... BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hand:

kawaholic

bmrboy;276223 wrote: YEAH ...... I believe that was my 2nd track day on that bike .... As well as my 2nd time on a race track in 34yrs.

Oh Tom, your just soooo fast ... BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hand:
lol... i was fairly new to the track at the time and i didn't have all those years of racing you had to fall back on...

i'm not fast, i'm slow as shit....you're just slower....:D