Whats a good 600 trackbike ??????

Ruhe52

Gixer = rock solid in corners

R6 = nervous as a crack addict in a police station

Both are great bikes no one is going to tell you something you have not already been told.
Based on the reasons you cited for taking a break the R6 would be a horrid choice

Buzzy your hands will go numb. Very compact your legs will be folded up on themselves.

The R6 is an awesome bike but based on you coming off the California King sized BMW. ( I could stretch out and sleep on mine) gong to an R6 is the other end of the spectrum.
A GSXR600 will provide a bit more leg room and is a little more stable.

Motors who cares both ate plenty fast and both are 600s so you gotta beat the crap out of them to keep in the power. Neither will be BMW fast.
Neither have ABS and unless you buy it or it already has it. Neither come factory with traction control.
Yes both will still put a hurtin on you if you get overly aggressive on acceleration or braking.

Based on everything you have told me about physical issues I would think a gixer is the choice.

If going that route I would go 08-10 platform. I like the 11 but more readily available parts on 08-10.
Better chance of finding one set up.

There second helping of free advice. We start billing after this one.

Fact is both are great choices and with no fit or other issues one can be fast on either.
Just need to consider the differences and your personal needs and apply.

mjkuhno

Pseudolus;276292 wrote: Any feedback on how the Triumph 675 stacks up to the bikes already mentioned?

That wasn't very long at all Mike!
Dunno really, but I do love my Daytona!

One thing though - there are way less Triumphs than any other brand at the track. Caused me to have to pack up after day 1 of a 2 day weekend at VIR North 2 years ago due to an off track excursion. Not the top of the list, but something to factor in (or factor in the spares kit to the cost).

But still, the sound of a triple on boil is NICE.