Whats a good 600 trackbike ??????

denbsteph

Yamaha all day long. Got to keep her in the 10 K range, she likes it there. I have heard lots of comments about "sitting on top" of the bike. You my friend are not that much taller than me, it does not bother me one bit. Since I have dropped 14 lbs, it makes it a lot fun to ride. At 5'2" and shrinking everyday, I still drag a knee and occasionally a right foot peg (did that on turn 1 last weekend several times) Thank god for the US N-TEC Slicks to keep me upright.

Either way.............glad to have you back.

devildogae

My first track experience, I scraped my right foot peg, but I've never got my knee on asphalt, is that strange? What advise would you give me?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
devildogae;276284 wrote: My first track experience, I scraped my right foot peg, but I've never got my knee on asphalt, is that strange? What advise would you give me?
Work on body position. At your next track day, get with a CR and have them show you the proper form. They can do that with a bike up on paddock stands in the pits. Dragging a peg indicates you weren't hanging off enough/properly; you also don't want to drag any hard parts, it can leverage the rear wheel off the ground. You should have one cheek off the seat, your foot towards the end of the footpeg, on the ball of your foot, with it turned out at least at a 45 degree angle from the bike, and point your toe down. In the turn, your head should be where your mirror was. It's easier to be shown than to explain.

It's not strange to not have gotten your knee down on your first track day. In fact, it shouldn't be a goal. It will happen when you have other proper techniques down, such as good body position and better corner speed.

The reason for hanging off is to have less lean angle in the turns = safer, and allows you to carry more corner speed safely.

Pseudolus

Any feedback on how the Triumph 675 stacks up to the bikes already mentioned?

That wasn't very long at all Mike!

bmrboy

kawaholic;276272 wrote: lol... i was fairly new to the track at the time and i didn't have all those years of racing you had to fall back on...

i'm not fast, i'm slow as shit....you're just slower....:D

Tom..... 34 yrs. is a life time ago ...... Soooooooo many things have changed .... I had to relearn how to ride the track.
I had to relearn how to crawl before I could walk .. Think what you want ... Just because the bike had all the electronics
doesn't mean that they will save your bacon !!!. You still have to ride it & control it ...... As I said before the bike didn't
ride itself, there was no Auto pilot !!! :popcorn:

lushtrucker

Pseudolus;276292 wrote: Any feedback on how the Triumph 675 stacks up to the bikes already mentioned?

That wasn't very long at all Mike!
Don't know how they stack up, but I love the 675 in my street triple r, the Daytona is tuned different, has more peak power and a little less low end torque. Also has better internals for the higher red line.

denbsteph

Otto Man;276326 wrote: Straight and to the point... I like it. :D
Why isn't ottoman in the corner?.................... thats not fair!!! ...............I'm telling DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!:nutkick::moon::flipoff: LOL

Send us some pics of the bike, which ever bike you get.

bmrboy

denbsteph;276332 said:
I'm telling DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!:nutkick::moon::flipoff: LOL

Mr. TT............... BACK IN THE CORNER :wow::poorguy::spank::flipoff::moon: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ruhe52

Gave you all my input at the track you should have bought something already.

Buy a bike and come out and ride Quit jerking off!!!!!