Won my first track day at NESBA at NY IMS

paris400

I won a track day this Friday with NESBA as soon as the Preparing for a Track Day seminar at the Hub finished at the New York show. I met some of the control riders and everyone was very friendly so I look forward to riding the track with them this season!

My name is Arlene, from NYC, and ride a Ninja 650R. When going out for a ride I do my best to hit a highway to get the hell out of the city; I usually end up upstate for the day where the riding conditions are somewhat less restricting :) A day without traffic when you can open the bike up and see what she can do is something I really look forward to!

jtsgsxr6

paris400;104894 wrote: I won a track day this Friday with NESBA as soon as the Preparing for a Track Day seminar at the Hub finished at the New York show. I met some of the control riders and everyone was very friendly so I look forward to riding the track with them this season!

My name is Arlene, from NYC, and ride a Ninja 650R. When going out for a ride I do my best to hit a highway to get the hell out of the city; I usually end up upstate for the day where the riding conditions are somewhat less restricting :) A day without traffic when you can open the bike up and see what she can do is something I really look forward to!
Congrats, do you get a pick of any day or was it for a particular day?

paris400

jtsgsxr6;104895 wrote: Congrats, do you get a pick of any day or was it for a particular day?
It's a credit for any day. :D I want to go to the closest track first, NJMSP, the Lightning course is good for beginners? The control riders were raving about Virginia, which is also a possibility. I need to find a ride share 'cause I don't drive (I'm from NYC!), so my next thread will be a fawning, "Anyone got room in their truck for me?! I can pay." LOL

It was a great way to start my second visit to the show. I also won a t-shirt from Progressive after I asked them if I get anything special for being such a loyal customer. They said I had to enter the drawing like everyone else but my entry came up a winner! LOL

jtsgsxr6

I'm sure you can find a ride share from NYC, NJ has good tracks, I can think of some easier first time tracks, but not many.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
paris400;104903 wrote: Thank you! I look forward to seeing everyone in person.
Post up what date you decide to attend. Usually a "roll call" is started in the appropriate region. Let folks know you're new, introduce yourself around. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Don't hesitate to ask questions, both on the forum and at the track!

paris400

HondaGalToo;104904 wrote: Post up what date you decide to attend. Usually a "roll call" is started in the appropriate region. Let folks know you're new, introduce yourself around. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Don't hesitate to ask questions, both on the forum and at the track!
Thanks. Will do!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
worst thing you have ever won in your life.....

soon before ya know it...you will be planning all your vacations around trackdays...and most likely spending them at trackdays....

holidays are the same....

you will open another bank account to place "track funds" into...and most likely still dip into your regular checking account....

its a slippery slope! see you out there!

Motofun352

Control Rider
lemondrop;104909 wrote: worst thing you have ever won in your life.....

soon before ya know it...you will be planning all your vacations around trackdays...and most likely spending them at trackdays....

holidays are the same....

you will open another bank account to place "track funds" into...and most likely still dip into your regular checking account....

its a slippery slope! see you out there!
:agree::agree: Can you say "doomed"? :p

NoBull

It's like the drugdealer that gives the first hit away and after that you're hooked and have to come back a paying customer LOL.

Lightning is a good beginner track as far as learning the track. Only 8 turns. It's a little fast for a first timer though but I'm sure you'll have a good time.

jtsgsxr6

NoBull;104940 wrote: It's like the drugdealer that gives the first hit away and after that you're hooked and have to come back a paying customer LOL.

Lightning is a good beginner track as far as learning the track. Only 8 turns. It's a little fast for a first timer though but I'm sure you'll have a good time.
I think a flatter track might be better for a noob too, one less thing to think about. But boy lightning sure is fun!

Wink

Welcome to the family and CONGRATS!!!

You are in for the time of your life with some GREAT people!

pefrey

So you CAN actually win a track day! Everybody says you can't, but you can lose. :D It's sort of an inside joke, you'll get it at your first track day, if you don't already.

Welcome and see you at the track.