Would you come back to NESBA?

JTRC51

I would love to have NESBA back!! speeds, safety and CR's that actually work with you... Whats NOT to miss!?!

I really liked the format!

Nothing against the other org who stuck around in the MW so kudos to them too.. I just prefer NESBA and Motovid.

twin ty

Definitely!! Looks like I may be moving back to the area next year. I would really like to have the Midwest/Midcentral regions back in full force!!!:cool:

Ty

BillFred

j_fuggin_t;254654 wrote: Lol I'm just the opposite. The only difference to me is the starts. I have a lot more fun at trackdays, there is always a fast guy to chase and some days you might be the fast guy there. Not to mention at ccs I spend as much as it costs for 3 track weekends.
Track days are like non-alcoholic beer, kissing your sister, or playing tennis without a net...what's the point :haha:

OK, got my monthly, useless smart ass forum comment out of the way.

Sure bring back NESBA MW and make all the events 1/2 off.

j_fuggin_t

BillFred;255062 wrote: Track days are like non-alcoholic beer, kissing your sister, or playing tennis without a net...what's the point :haha:

OK, got my monthly, useless smart ass forum comment out of the way.

Sure bring back NESBA MW and make all the events 1/2 off.
The point is fun and I have just as much fun if not more at a TD. You kiss your sister?? Weird.. Lol.

Let's be honest we can ALL race as much as we want and spend the money but in the end it means just as much as a track day in the end. Unless your rockin AMA folks in the top five you'll spend more than you make any day of the week. And if you head with the right group to a TD minus the starts it's just as fun.

Though I see many complain td's are useless, boring etc.. But yet they are there on the weekends.

nk140

I like TDs but love racing now. I like being able to rail without having to check up on some because I don't want to pass them too close at a TD. I would love to see NESBA come back to the MW. I am still looking for that A bump.

j_fuggin_t

nk140;255089 wrote: I like TDs but love racing now. I like being able to rail without having to check up on some because I don't want to pass them too close at a TD. I would love to see NESBA come back to the MW. I am still looking for that A bump.
then your not riding with the right people.. I've never bitched or moaned about being passed close & if you ride with the right ppl then that can happen because you trust them & know what or how they will handle it.. again i have more fun doing this at track days with my friends and ppl i trust rather than some guy that was just handed a race license because he passed an extremely easy class to obtain one :notsure:

nk140

I guess I like racing because I go with my friends. I don't like passing close at TDs just because I don't want to spook someone unless it is said friends, but at a race they are expecting it.

j_fuggin_t

lol yea they are expecting it alright, ask jeremy how much he was expecting to get slammed into because a dude was in over his head.. we have quite a bit of fun out at the TD's and the passing is just as fun if not better

nk140;255089 wrote: I like TDs but love racing now. I like being able to rail without having to check up on some because I don't want to pass them too close at a TD. I would love to see NESBA come back to the MW. I am still looking for that A bump.
Exactly why I don't race. An I rider admitting he enjoys stuffing just because it's racing.

j_fuggin_t

jaren warren;255113 wrote: Exactly why I don't race. An I rider admitting he enjoys stuffing just because it's racing.
:haha: he's not an :i: rider, somehow the cr's missed him to bump, dat boy is quick & pretty damn good around a track ;)

j_fuggin_t;255119 wrote: :haha: he's not an :i: rider, somehow the cr's missed him to bump, dat boy is quick & pretty damn good around a track ;)

Yeah, those CR's. They're just in it for the pay. :D

Back to topic.......

A limitation in this thread is that there's probably A LOT of midwest riders that don't pay attention to the nesba forums anymore.

nk140

j_fuggin_t;255119 wrote: :haha: he's not an :i: rider, somehow the cr's missed him to bump, dat boy is quick & pretty damn good around a track ;)
You are making me blush....I don't stuff people at track days. Hell don't even stuff people during racing unless it is Bill or Joe. I am overly respectful of the other's ability levels or lack there of.

stkr

jaren warren;255124 wrote: A limitation in this thread is that there's probably A LOT of midwest riders that don't pay attention to the nesba forums anymore.
That was a concern I had when I started this thread. That's why I asked for people to spread the word to their friends that might not be on here. Ideally, NESBA could send out an e-mail asking the same question to the Midwest membership to guage their interest/support.

I know there's more to it than just having people interested, but it's an important starting point. You have to have a customer base before any venture can be successful. I just wish I knew what it would actually take, or who I can start talking to (at NESBA, or the tracks) in order to help this process along.

Did we burn bridges last year? I don't honestly know. However, from my years in the Navy Seabees, we could always repair bridges, no matter how many times the insurgents blew them up. Surely we could work on trying to fix things. Maybe it's a lot cause for next year, but what about the year after that? Or, is it just wishful thinking overall?

This thread was not to debate whether track days, or racing, is more useful or fun. It's just to guage who would come back to NESBA. Racing and track days are different, and that's why we each have the freedom to either choose one, or do both. Each one has it's pros and cons.

Carry on... :cool:

some guy #2

jaren warren;255113 wrote: Exactly why I don't race. An I rider admitting he enjoys stuffing just because it's racing.

nk140 is only a NESBA "I" rider because the region folded before he got his bump (though it should have come at the BHF event we attended). I've raced and ridden with him enough to know he is far and beyond a great rider who isn't riding above his head ever.

some guy #2

nk140;255129 wrote: You are making me blush....I don't stuff people at track days. Hell don't even stuff people during racing unless it is Bill or Joe. I am overly respectful of the other's ability levels or lack there of.

I think our definition of stuff is very different from what I've seen and had done to me at TD's.

Bill came up the inside of me in one turn that stood me up a little but not any where near what Granzow did to me at BHF on the inside of 4 (turn after the bus top).

some guy #2

And I realize this is going far and beyond but what did you mean by "I rider"? I take it you meant it in a derogatory manner which is uncalled for in respect to his opinion. Maybe we should all post lap times to make our points more valid :rolleyes:

finny47

So even if there are a lot of people that want to come back, what options remain for tracks? Aren't Gingerman, Grattan, and ACC exclusive with the other major org? Blackhawk now has CCS and JOS filling in our previous events. Putnam and a few Road A weekdays seem all that remain. I thought S** would be sold out with NESBA gone in the MW, but I was at multiple events that were far from sold out this year.

some guy #2

I think ACC is setup with the other org but if Motoseries and WERA can get dates at Grattan and Gingerman I would like to think any group can show up.

BillFred

some guy #2;255160 wrote:

Bill came up the inside of me
:eek: I though that night we spent together at Nelson Ledges was special, I can't believe you're telling everyone!!!

I apologize to whomever started this thread....carry on.