Recent content by i-Zapp

1. i-Zapp

question about ATP (Advanced training program)

thanks @rob92 for your thorough answer. There doesn't appear to be anything on the website about division between N/I and A. And silly me i didn't realize that the ATP was in addition to the trackday. (that sure would have been a deal!) Need to save my pennies... BTW, Travis Wyman (Kyle's...
  2. i-Zapp

Pitt Race September 16, 17

Micah - was able to successfully register, so i'll be there. see ya Sat morning!
  3. i-Zapp

question about ATP (Advanced training program)

I've read the section on the website, and it SEEMS like it's geared towards newer track riders. I'm always interested in learning, and like the idea of spending a couple more bucks during a trackday for specialized/focused training, but wondering what sort of rider the course is geared towards...
  4. i-Zapp

UGGH, i just tried signing up and FULL in Advanced!!! Dang it, waited too long. :( Posted a "WTB" in the classified, hopefully a spot opens up...
  5. i-Zapp

WTB: PittRace Saturday 9/16 for Advanced

waiting too long! (doh!) PM or call, can paypal or cash. George 440 - three three 6 - 6 five five 2
  6. i-Zapp

i am planning on running on Saturday if the offer is still available.
  7. i-Zapp

Information on N2's Racing Program

i have a feeling there might be a bit of language barrier here, i can't imagine anyone going to the track with the intention of "racing" without spending significant time track "riding" FIRST. If the OP meant to imply just getting onto a "race" track, that's entirely different than rubbing...
  8. i-Zapp

race school at Road Atlanta 4/15

Hello all. Hey i signed up for race school for this coming weekend on a bit of whim. Thinking about possibly doing some "vintage" racing at some point, and thought that getting it under my belt sooner than later might be a good idea (not sure about whether doing it at my season opener at a new...
  9. i-Zapp

camping at Road Atlanta on Easter weekend

A group of us from Ohio plan to ride both days that weekend and wondering if N2 has made arrangements with RA to allow camping on Sunday night? (I called them and they said it's actually up to the organizing club as to whether camping is available)
  10. i-Zapp

Summit Point - Shenny - 4/3/16

+++ you are 100% right, that IS the bottom line. last thing you want on the track is ANY amount of doubt about the soundness of your equipment. I'd venture a guess THAT is what causes more crashes than half worn tires.
  11. i-Zapp

all the manual says is "Tire condition (1/2 tread in center) and pressure (Inflated to recommended track riding pressure)", which speaks to my point of how exactly is that determined... to determine "1/2 tread" you'd need to know what the "new tread" measurement was. I get the point, but it's...
  12. i-Zapp

because I'm a cheap bastard, and because there's a former tire engineer two offices down from me, I feel compelled to add my own comment... if you have a reasonable amount of tread as determined by your tire wear indicator (how is 50% actually determined by tech???), there's little reason to...
  13. i-Zapp

Advanced or Intermediate registration option

Was told that once you go A you can no longer register in I. That true? At new tracks I might be more comfortable in I until I learn the track. Is that option available?
  14. i-Zapp

Harry's GPS Laptimer - Anyone Used?

I should note that the data above was generated with the INTERNAL gps unit of the phone at 1 hz (not a BT add on). the software is pretty sophisticated in that it can interpolate between the 1 hz samples to generate a more accurate lap time than the 1 second sampling interval would suggest.
  15. i-Zapp

Harry's GPS Laptimer - Anyone Used?

I've used Harry's for a few years now. Perfect thing for an older iphone 4 you don't care about anymore, and with a Bluetooth GPS unit (about 150 bucks for a Dual XGPS150) the total investment is less than 200 dollars. I've never compared the relative accuracy to my XT Racing timer (infrared)...