Recent content by sr1

1. S

What is Skills Enhancement I?

Two questions, guys: Barber has a Skills Enhancement I session Oct 13, how is this different from a usual track day? Also, I took my 1200GS to Roebling and hated wringing it's neck down the straight and had no passing power (B group rider). Barber has several straights (though maybe not as...
  2. S

First Track Day - Roebling

Jeff, this is Steve the GS rider. Sorry I didn't make it Sunday, I just felt terrible about how hard I'd ridden my poor GS and couldn't do it to her a second day in a row. Instead I will run up to Suches, GA next weekend and hit the twisties. That bike is far more at home with super tight...
  3. S

Roebling Road Gate times?

Good to hear! I am quite sure (after looking at the track layout) that the GS would fare far better on a tighter track than Roebling, and I should have actually brought my Triumph Sprint, but as I am working in Savannah just temporarily, I brought the bike that didn't hurt me while traveling...
  4. S

Roebling Road Gate times?

I will be there both Saturday and Sunday. I am bringing my 1200GS (why not, right?) and it will be my first track day experience. Unfortunately I have to ride in so I will have limited possibilities on what I can bring (and will actually show up with my luggage on the bike, full of the day's...
  5. S

Need to cancel VIR Intro Day...how?

Gents, #1 I TRIED to "Cancel my events" but my Intro Day was not listed in "My Events." However, I know I signed up for it. I have paid for 2 B days at Roebling Road and they both show up in My Events. Thus, I am asking here how to cancel the Intro Day at VIR. #2 Fred, I did NOT reserve...
  6. S

Need to cancel VIR Intro Day...how?

Due to complications with my work, it looks like I'll be taking two days at Roebling Road at the end of August but can't make my Intro day at VIR on the 23rd. How can I contact the folks so that they aren't expecting me?
  7. S

VIR South Aug 23rd roll call

Well, I am kinda considering doing the whole day. Unfortunately the geniuses at Triumph didn't make life easy on the "pulling of mirrors" for the Sprint. :doh: A PITA enough to not want to do it at the track, but for this first time I'm just riding the bike up there so I'll need at least one...
  8. S

Triad NC to VIR Aug 23rd?

I was planning on riding my bike up (Intro Day) but if someone has room on a trailer, I'll be happy to pitch in for gas/etc.
  9. S

VIR South Aug 23rd roll call

I will be there for at least the Intro day, if not buying into the whole day. Gotta get the bike ready and figure out what to do with my mirror situation (2005 Triumph Sprint w/giant integrated mirror/turn signals...riding the bike to the venue).
  10. S

Gear for an Intro Day

This is a small board so I'm sure folks will see that I posted in the SE forum and connect the two. For the record I will ride in my Syed leathers.... However, I might meet a friend at the track and she doesn't have leathers. What is the minimum gear spec for an Intro rider? Thanks! Steve
  11. S

Intro day or Beginner for first time?

Thanks guys. I think it would be foolish and also pretty prideful to say I'm "a very experienced street rider" but at the same time I do think I'd probably slip into the Beginner group easily...I think. On the other hand I know I am not used to tracks at all and track speeds (let's face it...
  12. S

Intro day or Beginner for first time?

I am pretty sure I want to get into track days, but have never done one. Is there an advantage in skipping the free Intro Day and going straight to paying for a Beginner Day? I'm not all that local to the track I'd go to (I'll be going to VIR, approx 100 miles away), will I wish I'd just done...