Recent content by Turbo329

1. T

2013 Summit Point dates

So far, it doesn't look like these dates are happening..
  2. T

How have you been preparing for the 2013 season?

Thanks. Ultegra Shifters Ultegra Front Derailleur Ultegra Rear Derailleur FSA SLK Carbon Crankset Dura-Ace Cassette (Came with 105 which annoyed me) Dura-Ace Chain (Came with Tiagra which annoyed me as well) Williams 58mm Clinchers (Came with Roval 35mm which I will only use for rain races...
  3. T

How have you been preparing for the 2013 season?

I picked up one of these and I've been training. Lost about 17lbs so far. Going to race it in March and April before I start the Moto season in May. Training in 20 degree weather at Central Park. In March I will probably paint the old ZX7R. I cleaned the air filter and painted...
  4. T

From the archives, long lost footage NJMP first ever Endurance day

I was there that day. I was in the red leathers on the Blue ZX7R. You passed me in your 5th or 6th vid I think around the 20 minute mark. You boyz were moving! I learned so much from following you faster guys that day that it took my riding to higher level. I was probably running 1:42s...
  5. T

When do you know the time to change bikes?

I've been rocking a '98 ZX7R on the track for the last 2 seasons and being on a slower bike has worked wonders for my riding. With New Jersey Thunderbolt as a reference I was stuck at 1:42 and now I can run consistent 1:38s. Not truly fast but I would call it respectable. My goal this year...
  6. T

Old Bike. Upgrades? Weight Reduction?

Suspension, magnesium Wheels, and do whatever you can to smooth out the power delivery on that beast. Then you'll have a real killer on your hands. If I recall correctly, I remember reading that the 99 R1 had more midrange than every R1 that came after it. It's a monster off the corners.
  7. T

Rode with TPM for the first time today.

Please, don't take this the wrong way. Every club has it's pros and cons. No club is perfect as it's made up of imperfect people. I ride with every club that runs in the Northeast and I try not to look at the negatives. Yes there are some but I choose to focus on the positives and unless...
  8. T

Spies leaving Yamaha

Yeah, Melandri's certainly got the momentum behind him.
  9. T

Spies leaving Yamaha

Probably BMW World Superbike to ride alongside Melandri. :)
  10. T

Let's See Your Trackbike!!

Thanks. My goal is 1:35 at Thunderbolt on the ZX-7R. I'm stuck at 1:38 for now but I think I can get there if I can get better on the last third of the track. Turns 7-9 in particular.
  11. T

I was, until #58 passed me around the outside. hahahahahahha :rtfm:
  12. T

I want to play again. :) OLD SCHOOL!
  13. T

New suspension

I sent my forks down for internals and the guy was running an Ohlins special so I opted for those. The bike works so much better and I was 4 seconds a lap faster first time out. Confidence is key.
  14. T

FYI Best Electrolyte Supplement

Not trying to thread jack, I've got to try the salt sticks. A couple of weeks ago I rode 6 straight days for a total of about 650 miles and used this stuff: It's got protein as well to help with muscle breakdown and soreness. It just flat out works! Endurox is about twice the potency of...
  15. T

Summit Point May 2012 Weekend Video Thread

Thanks man! Do you own a ZX-9R? I've been lusting after the Gold 2002 model for some time now.