Search results

1. jpaulsen

Crash tested experience

+1 There is a big difference from a surface scratch and "impact damage". Get it checked if there is any doubt...
  2. jpaulsen

Boots? Your advice please??????

+1 for Oxtar/TCX. I have 3 pairs (one street, two race/track) and have crash tested one pair twice and still going strong! Best I have ever found comfort wise and great protection!
  3. jpaulsen

New in Seattle

Don't worry about it too much, just clean and safe is the main thing. Follow the guidlines on the website and you should be fine. Maybe even come down this w/e and spectate if you want (no charge for spectators) as we'll be running both Saturday and Sunday. That way you can get an idea of how...
  4. jpaulsen

A group rider question

Once at a track day in "I" back then. Following a CR around after lunch and found out my speed exceeded the 2 year old take off's I was using. Nice soft lowside as I lost the rear on the exit of an uphill left turn. Only other time was during a Novice race and it was purely rider...
  5. jpaulsen

2001 GSXR ready to go Trackbike, perfect entry bike!

You might want to think about adding the engine size to the title & listing :notsure:
  6. jpaulsen

2006 Triumph 675 Race/Track day Bike - $8000 (vashon)

What I want to know if you got a receipt from yourself...always get a receipt!
  7. jpaulsen

Little poll!!!

Motorcycle instructor, both my job and my hobby!
  8. jpaulsen

Little poll!!!

Motorcycle instructor, both my job as well as my hobby!
  9. jpaulsen

Reallly Cheap awesome Track Gloves

+1 for these! I bought a pair in the Summer for a spare (had 2 pairs already) and will be using them next season. I just retired a pair that had survived hitting the ground 3 times and still going strong.
  10. jpaulsen

HELP - wiring up a track bike

If you don't want to do it yourself, I would suggest checking with your local race organization. Often there is an individual or shop that will wire all necessary parts to make your bike "legal". Locally it can usually be done for about $100. Of course, for NESBA, you don't need as much wired...
  11. jpaulsen

bodywork question

:agree: +1 to all of the above!
  12. jpaulsen

180/55 on a 1000?

My thoughts as well...:agree:
  13. jpaulsen

Gear for an Intro Day

I would say most trailer/truck their bike, but each track day I've done, there are usually one or two that ride in. Today we're at PIR (Portland, OR) and there is a guy on an SV650 that rode it...and just rode it out to get lunch! :p
  14. jpaulsen

sprocket question :)

Actually a change of 1 in the front is closer to 3 in the rear: Per Vortex- 15T front 42T rear=2.8 gear ratio 14T front 42T rear=3.0 gear ratio 15T front 45T rear=3.0 gear ratio ...and the short answer is it really depends on your bike and your riding style/ability. Best thing is to find out...
  15. jpaulsen

Air Fence info

I think most of it is owned by the local track orgs and rented to NESBA or which other track day group uses it. I know that is the way it is in our local area.
  16. jpaulsen

Tire upgrade

You don't have to run warmers, it just allows you to start out at a faster pace. Race tires need to be hot to stick and are not designed to heat up quickly like a street tire. As long as you take a lap or 2 to warm them up you should be fine. Personally, I use warmers so I don't waste the...
  17. jpaulsen

WTB Lap Timer

Lap timers are for looking at your times when you pit, not for looking down at during your riding. No different than looking at your speedo while you're riding. You want your eyes on the track!
  18. jpaulsen

WTB Lap Timer

I would say at most if not all NESBA events there should be a transmitter set up.
  19. jpaulsen

WTB Lap Timer

I've got both. It really depends on what you are looking for as to which one would fit best. If you're just looking for lap times the mini is really simple. You do have to manually turn it on, but then it times automatically. It does store fewer laps and has fewer features. The pluses are...