Chic Rider New To NESBA

chicrider07r6

Hey There!! I new to nesba and new to track days. I have been riding for several years now but am new to the track. I am planning on going to VIR in July with my fiance and riding my 07 R6. I am so excited. Any pointers would be very helpful and appriciated. Thanks!!:D

dbakerpa

Welcome- walk around and introduce yourselves. This is a great group. As for advice bring plenty of water and listen to the CRs they are great.

bfolkerts

Welcome! Advice? Definitely introduce yourself to your neighbors and CR's! Don't worry about keeping up on your first weekend - have fun!

DFlowe

Welcome to NESBA and you'll like VIR. With VIR being your first track day, I would suggest that you just relax, don't overdo it on your first day and to be ready to learn. We look forward to having you there.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! Be sure to read the riders' manual, which can be found on this site. It'll answer your questions with regards to gear and bike prep.

rk97

I believe the Riders Manual is actually due for an update, so holding off a few weeks might be a good idea.

The on-track stuff should stay (mostly) the same, but the membership info is getting a heavy face-lift.

arhale09

Welcome! Some great pointers have already been given. My advice would be this:

Bring a decent canopy with you. VIR can get pretty hot;

Other than that, have fun! You'll love it.

rk97

first-timers don't need canopies! That's how you meet people :p

my first trackday, I forgot plastic silverware. I offered to trade my neighbors beer for a plastic knife. Spent the rest of the weekend under their canopy, eating their salsa, and sitting in their folding chairs. One of my best NESBA memories. :D

Now I just try to pay it forward when someone else is as unprepared as I was.

noobinacan

chicrider07r6;167988 wrote: Hey There!! I new to nesba and new to track days. I have been riding for several years now but am new to the track. I am planning on going to VIR in July with my fiance and riding my 07 R6. I am so excited. Any pointers would be very helpful and appriciated. Thanks!!:D
you know...if it doesn't work out with your Fiance, just let me know...
oh wait...did I just say that ?

I guess I've been trolling the WERA forums too long.

slowpoke

rk97;168205 wrote: first-timers don't need canopies! That's how you meet people :p

my first trackday, I forgot plastic silverware. I offered to trade my neighbors beer for a plastic knife. Spent the rest of the weekend under their canopy, eating their salsa, and sitting in their folding chairs. One of my best NESBA memories. :D

Now I just try to pay it forward when someone else is as unprepared as I was.
Welcome and I totally agree with this ^^^ -

My first day I rode my bike to the track w/ zero tools, knowledge, canopy, chairs, food, drinks, or talent. People helped me with everything; although the talent part is still a major work in progress:banghead:

Enjoy!

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
slowpoke;168218 wrote: Welcome and I totally agree with this ^^^ -

My first day I rode my bike to the track w/ zero tools, knowledge, canopy, chairs, food, drinks, or talent
!
At least some things never change

Welcome to our addiction