Chic Rider New To NESBA

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
chicrider07r6;169143 wrote: And I would much rather ride when its hot that way your tires do stick better.
Yup. Just don't forget to run lower pressures in your tires than you would on the street. Post up what tires you're running for suggestions. If you're running sticky "hypersport" street tires (examples are the Michelin Pilot Powers, Dunlop Q2, Bridgestone BT16, Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa), a general rule of thumb is to run 30 psi cold. That'll be in the ballpark. Someone here my have more specific pressure information on a brand/model of tire basis...

MoTo ViXeN

noobinacan;168208 wrote: you know...if it doesn't work out with your Fiance, just let me know...
oh wait...did I just say that ?

I guess I've been trolling the WERA forums too long.
Oddly familiar here LOL JK.

But welcome to the NESBA family and the forums! Always good to see more chickies! I cant wait till my BF gets his stuff together so I can steal all his old stuff and do some track days myself! LOL

noobinacan

MoTo ViXeN;170473 wrote: Oddly familiar here LOL JK.

But welcome to the NESBA family and the forums! Always good to see more chickies! I cant wait till my BF gets his stuff together so I can steal all his old stuff and do some track days myself! LOL
...pink wheeled Gixxer with TPM livery w/ yellow plates...is that you ?

:)

smack28752

HondaGalToo;169138 wrote: I prefer the heat, too. That way I'm confident the my tires are warm!! :)
I also like doing 2 days (or more!) in a row. I figure, I've driven all that way...
Plus, I like having the second day to dial things in that I may have learned the day before.

I'm not sure what the temps are in Atlanta in April....

Welcome to NESBA. VIR is my favorite place to ride. Road Atlanta is not too shabby either!!

Temps at RA SHOULD
be really nice in late April but that is not a guarantee. A few years ago an early April date saw temperatures that did not get out of the mid 40s, but that was highly unusual.

Morning temps s/b in the low to mid 50s, afternoon up to around 80. Humidity should not be too oppressive at that time either.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
smack28752;170731 wrote: Welcome to NESBA. VIR is my favorite place to ride. Road Atlanta is not too shabby either!!

Temps at RA SHOULD
be really nice in late April but that is not a guarantee. A few years ago an early April date saw temperatures that did not get out of the mid 40s, but that was highly unusual.

Morning temps s/b in the low to mid 50s, afternoon up to around 80. Humidity should not be too oppressive at that time either.
Thanks for the welcome, but I'm not the noobie...chicrider is! :)

I'll keep that in mind, however, should I venture south again! I've been to both of those tracks and like 'em both a lot!!! Appreciate the info!

smack28752

HondaGalToo;170734 wrote: Thanks for the welcome, but I'm not the noobie...chicrider is! :)

I'll keep that in mind, however, should I venture south again! I've been to both of those tracks and like 'em both a lot!!! Appreciate the info!
Yeah I guess I wasn't clear. :eek: I meant to address "chicrider" but your response had the mention about Atlanta temps!

But hey, a "welcome" message to a veteran NESBA can't be all bad either, right?

Rydell

Oh yeah, VIR gets HOT. VIR South back in July was 102. Bring some sort of shade and plenty of liquids.

Plenty of first timer threads out there, I'd suggest looking through in your free time, lots of good tips.

dudette

Welcome chick rider. Nice to see more women. I plan on doing the VIR full course in july. Judy you need to make the trek down there. That's a great course butt it'll probably be hot. It's my favorite because it's one of the larger tracks with good elevation changes.
I, like most, have a trailer that I sleep in with heat or ac when needed. You can book a room at the lodge if you stay overnight.
I usually do 2 days together for same reasons as stated before with traveling long distances.
Donna
07cbr600rr "626"

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
dudette;178148 wrote: Welcome chick rider. Nice to see more women. I plan on doing the VIR full course in july. Judy you need to make the trek down there. That's a great course butt it'll probably be hot. It's my favorite because it's one of the larger tracks with good elevation changes.
I, like most, have a trailer that I sleep in with heat or ac when needed. You can book a room at the lodge if you stay overnight.
I usually do 2 days together for same reasons as stated before with traveling long distances.
Donna
07cbr600rr "626"
Donna!! Long time no see. Hope to see you out there this year! The VIR full course is out for me in July, but I'll be at VIR north for the June dates. And of course NJMP, Summit, and da Beave.

dudette

Judy if you are you doing the summit may weekend, I'll see you there.
Noobinacan you are more than welcome to pit next to me.
Donna
07cbr600rr "626"

noobinacan

dudette;178594 wrote: Judy if you are you doing the summit may weekend, I'll see you there.
Noobinacan you are more than welcome to pit next to me.
Donna
07cbr600rr "626"
oh man..awesome.
wow
sweet...OMG..sweet...thanks. On calendar for VIR - N weekend :D

betarace;178609 wrote:
WTF!

2,451 page views for this thread
1,873 for "meet the CRs and Staff, Airfence Charity" thread

pervies

You know, its probably some dude who created a new account and posted this as a practical joke! :D

i think its lemondrop :p

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
betarace;178609 wrote: WTF!

2,451 page views for this thread
1,873 for "meet the CRs and Staff, Airfence Charity" thread

pervies
Whatever motorcycle board you go to, if there's a thread started by a gal, it gets tons more views than others. It's internet nature or somethin' :D

Donna, Summit May is a no-go, but I'll be there July 4th weekend.
Noobinacan...see you at VIR N in June?

noobinacan

HondaGalToo;178679 wrote: Whatever motorcycle board you go to, if there's a thread started by a gal, it gets tons more views than others. It's internet nature or somethin' :D

Donna, Summit May is a no-go, but I'll be there July 4th weekend.
Noobinacan...see you at VIR N in June?
heck ya!
I signed up for the VIR-N weekend the day it was official :p
Its my favorite track!

avizpls

#11-A
HondaGalToo;178679 wrote: Whatever motorcycle board you go to, if there's a thread started by a gal, it gets tons more views than others. It's internet nature or somethin' ?
I think its more MALE nature than anything. I bet half the clicks came, saw no pics, and left.