Confession: Road atlanta close calls

justariot66

I doubt Britney Spears has a smooth highway, she shit out two kids and the pics of her with no panties make me think she has a sloppy hole.

Dave #66

steph1000

cyclerant;49559 wrote: Road Atlanta is as smooth as a dimpled babies ass. That ripple out of 10b will cause squirm but highsides????????????
im with you on that one...never felt anything wrong at all anywhere on that track and i run a completely stock suspension...

stow

steph1000;49940 wrote: im with you on that one...never felt anything wrong at all anywhere on that track and i run a completely stock suspension...
And he was running 1:37 and even a few at 1:36. Fast people are just fast.

steph1000

STOW..you are the one who gave me the best show when you drifted both front and rear wheel..that was my weekend highlight..lol

stow

steph1000;49997 wrote: STOW..you are the one who gave me the best show when you drifted both front and rear wheel..that was my weekend highlight..lol
I would take some credit for that if it was intentional and I could do it again.

stow

cyclerant;50091 wrote: rolling up the hill in 1 right Stow?
That was the place. It was actually very cool except for the guy in front of me ran wide and slowed up, then he started to come back to the line just as I was drifting into his path. That part was pretty messed up.

Now I just need to learn how to control and repeat the slide. It was pretty cool while it was happening.

dj life

Chad Dupree;49777 wrote: Looks good. Couple things could be better. This is just my OPINION/2 cents.

It looks like your blowing the apex in turns 1 and 6, and a little bit in turn 3. Turn 5 and 10a and 10b look good. Do you have turn in reference points?

The problem with missing the apex is you get on the throttle late. You should be getting on the throttle at the apex. Once you get to the apex all your turning should have been done already and at this point you should be driving out of the corner. This is of course except with bowl turns.

I think you should slow your entry speed down some and concentrate on hitting the apex and getting on the throttle at the apex. Once you get comfortable with that then pick your entry speed up.

Great vid, good riding.
Hope this makes sense, and helps alittle.
It's funny that you mention those turns cause those where the ones i was trying to work on.
I know if you don't have T1 right you mess up 2 and 3. I was trying to turn in later on 1 so that i was in good position for 2 and 3 but i don't think i was going in late enough. Turn 6 last year i was going into it in 2nd this year i was going through in 3rd carrying more speed. I didn't think i was missing the apex on that one i thought i was hitting right on :dunno:

Thanks for the info and complements
Chris
PS heres the video with sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7VttIw0FSI

Chad Dupree

I like the clip with the sound better. Just my 2 cents, my line through 1, 6, 7 I hit the apex and my knee is over the white and green rumble strips.

It looks like in the vid on the 2nd lap going into 1 you target fixate on the guy infront of you and you follow his line all the way through 1. I don't really late apex 1. If you hit the apex in 1 with your knee over the rumble strip and drive up the hill, staying just to the inside of the seam going up the hill, you'll be perfect for turn 2. When you get to the top of the hill, you should be all the way left, next to the rumble strips and that will set you up perfect for 2. BTW turns 2,3 and down through the esses and turn 5 looked good.

The key with turn 1, is to get on the gas as soon as you can, and if you late apex it, you can't get on throttle until later. Really the only turns I late apex at Road A is 7 and maybe alittle in the new turn 12.

I know this was just a trackday and not a race, but just FYI, in a race if you leave a foot or two open on the inside of a turn, you'll get passed all day.

I hope this helps, it's kinda hard to type this with out showing you at the track.