Not good weekend

jcrich

pefrey;185412 wrote: NESBA does not differentiate between a standing and a waving yellow flag. Read the Riders Manual.
Yep and they make that point at every riders meeting I have been to.

sheepofblue

Nesba;184981 wrote: As a follow up on DJ's post:

We are making the following changes to the sign up process for DEMO's. This will be done programmatically during signup to ensure there is a level of validation. Previously the validation was executed during the check in process for the demo's.

1. Riders that are not an active NESBA member will only be able to sign up for the 8-9 slots and the first two B sessions.
2. In order to sign up for any other class or time slot the rider must be an active NESBA member. The only class available for signup is the class you are assigned to.

Bob Blandford
Good idea but I would suggest you offer the OPTION of riding in "I" for an "A" rider. They are on a strange bike that is not theirs and not setup and did I say is not theirs ;) Of course if they decide to ride "I" they MUST follow ALL "I" rules.

RyanITV

Admin
sheepofblue;185423 wrote: Good idea but I would suggest you offer the OPTION of riding in "I" for an "A" rider. They are on a strange bike that is not theirs and not setup and did I say is not theirs ;) Of course if they decide to ride "I" they MUST follow ALL "I" rules.
I think the logic is that even on a bike that's with street tires and not their own, they should be able to hold their line and not spook when passed. The couple of times I came across an A demo rider this weekend, they were predictable and pretty easy to get around.

Ryan

Caveman

I love it when the forum starts to get post like this one: Good, Bad & Ugly.

I want to thank the riders leaving their feedback. You see I have a 14 year old son, some of you might know him his name is Parker and he's never met a stranger. He started riding a Ninja 250 at Jennings and is doing pretty damn good. To night I'll be able to sit down with him and review the message's on this string. I'll also be able to explain to him that yes these are grown ass adults saying they don't really care about the other riders or their safety because their mad. I'll also be able to show him the post of the riders that we would be proud to ride with on any track, any time, the other's, not so much. It will also give me chance to go over the old saying: It only takes one bad apple to ruin the riding for the other riders, something like that. : )

Just trying to keep everything in perspective. Let's try and dial it back a little, it was a great weekend.

David Hope
(Caveman)

fitz

sheepofblue;185423 wrote: Good idea but I would suggest you offer the OPTION of riding in "I" for an "A" rider. They are on a strange bike that is not theirs and not setup and did I say is not theirs ;) Of course if they decide to ride "I" they MUST follow ALL "I" rules.
Personally I would be against this, "I" group is crowded enough as it is, "A" group is what you paid to ride in. If the "A" riders could also ride in "I" group demos what would keep them from riding both sessions? Heck if I was in "A" group I would demo a bike every "I" sessoin and call it a SEDD (Skill Enhancment Demo Day). :D

fitz

rk97

RyanITV;185440 wrote: I think the logic is that even on a bike that's with street tires and not their own, they should be able to hold their line and not spook when passed. The couple of times I came across an A demo rider this weekend, they were predictable and pretty easy to get around.

Ryan
Plus the "I" group shouldn't become the dumping ground for everyone that NESBA's not sure where to place - especially when it's already full.

Intermediate can already be a bit of an adventure on a "normal" day without additional demo riders.

sheepofblue

RyanITV;185440 wrote: I think the logic is that even on a bike that's with street tires and not their own, they should be able to hold their line and not spook when passed. The couple of times I came across an A demo rider this weekend, they were predictable and pretty easy to get around.

Ryan
All true I was thinking both closing speeds and that since it is not their bike they will likely want to back it down a notch and the choice would be theirs. An "A" rider should be able to hold their line in "I" even more so and not have the closing speed issues. Notice I did not suggest the same for "I" to "B" :eek: Just an idea.

RyanITV

Admin
sheepofblue;185458 wrote: All true I was thinking both closing speeds and that since it is not their bike they will likely want to back it down a notch and the choice would be theirs. An "A" rider should be able to hold their line in "I" even more so and not have the closing speed issues. Notice I did not suggest the same for "I" to "B" :eek: Just an idea.
There's usually no closing speed issues in A group. You'll have riders with a variety of bikes - everything from 190+hp superbikes to stock 600s to SV650s and small 2-strokes.

Ryan

croc hunter

This incident occurred in front of me while CRing. The rider in front of me low-sided after gassing it to hard and his bike slid to the inside of 3 I think. A group of riders following me made it safely through, but obviously a panic back up caused a wreck. So what's my point:

1. Under yellow or red, find the incident ahead, safely and briskly clear it and get the heck out of there. Don't brake check your fellow riders behind you and slow for a good looky.
2. I'd also be pissed if I was 29duc and I'm glad he is ok. I also happen to know the guy who hit him. He is an excellent and very safe rider. He also got banged up and has $1500 of bike damage. I can assure you he did his best to avoid 29duc and was concerned about him the rest of the weekend.
3. What is everyone getting so excited about??? I CR'ed Saturday and thought the day was a typical day, we had a slow wet start but by lunch time there was plenty track and space for everyone. If the pack in front is holding you up, pit in and head straight out.

I thought we had a great weekend. No different to any other weekend.

bike428

croc hunter;185473 wrote: This incident occurred in front of me while CRing. The rider in front of me low-sided after gassing it to hard and his bike slid to the inside of 3 I think. A group of riders following me made it safely through, but obviously a panic back up caused a wreck. So what's my point:

1. Under yellow or red, find the incident ahead, safely and briskly clear it and get the heck out of there. Don't brake check your fellow riders behind you and slow for a good looky.
2. I'd also be pissed if I was 29duc and I'm glad he is ok. I also happen to know the guy who hit him. He is an excellent and very safe rider. He also got banged up and has $1500 of bike damage. I can assure you he did his best to avoid 29duc and was concerned about him the rest of the weekend.
3. What is everyone getting so excited about??? I CR'ed Saturday and thought the day was a typical day, we had a slow wet start but by lunch time there was plenty track and space for everyone. If the pack in front is holding you up, pit in and head straight out.

:agree:

bike428

Caveman;185441 wrote: I love it when the forum starts to get post like this one: Good, Bad & Ugly.

I want to thank the riders leaving their feedback. You see I have a 14 year old son, some of you might know him his name is Parker and he's never met a stranger. He started riding a Ninja 250 at Jennings and is doing pretty damn good. To night I'll be able to sit down with him and review the message's on this string. I'll also be able to explain to him that yes these are grown ass adults saying they don't really care about the other riders or their safety because their mad. I'll also be able to show him the post of the riders that we would be proud to ride with on any track, any time, the other's, not so much. It will also give me chance to go over the old saying: It only takes one bad apple to ruin the riding for the other riders, something like that. : )

Just trying to keep everything in perspective. Let's try and dial it back a little, it was a great weekend.

David Hope
(Caveman)

He's a great kid. He is doing well with (despite) your influence. :)

greeny

i only read the first couple pages, but reading and understanding the entire riders manual is always helpful.

Yellow Flag wrote: Displayed at the problem corner and the one before.
Be extra cautious! Something has happened up ahead.
Back off a little, but don’t stop! Be prepared to change
your line. You do not need to put a hand up on the
yellow flag. No passing is allowed.
I'm glad that everyone is alright.

litespeed

dpullen;185482 wrote: It takes a whole paddock to raise a Parker... :)
:agree:

sometimes we are a good influence...sometimes not, but he seems to have those sort of things figured out. He spent all of Saturday afternoon helping Steve gould get his bike together. He jumped up, spontaneously, because he thought that someone needed help pushing his bike, he pushed my bike through tech for me on sunday morning.

a great kid...but don't tell him that I said that ;)

littlelady

croc hunter;185473 wrote: This incident occurred in front of me while CRing. The rider in front of me low-sided after gassing it to hard and his bike slid to the inside of 3 I think. A group of riders following me made it safely through, but obviously a panic back up caused a wreck. So what's my point:

:agree::agree:

littlelady

... 29duc - awful that you came down and that it involved another rider... however perhaps in the future, you might choose to stick around. I know the feeling, having also been taken out before. However John Allen, DJ and Jeff (as we hear ALL the time at all riders meetings) explicitly stated that if you have a complaint or an issue, to see them rather than leave it for Monday on the forums. Especially because, in my experience, the rider involved in the crash with you most of the time wants to come by and apologize etc. But I hope your foot heals up soon!

As for you, MDohn1234
, aka: douchebag. You think you and your friends are so special? Being able to pass WHEREVER and WHENEVER you like in the intermediate group? EGO CHECK, YOU'RE NOT. You guys had to pass illegally because you and your buddies aren't actually fast enough to get around other riders the harder way. Having been in Advanced group before I bumped myself down, you don't know shit about how to get around people. :moon:

How about you do us all a favour and post up pictures of your bike --- I have a great memory and I'll be sure to look out for you next time on track and come stick you with a few inside passes....funny that, I seem to know how to do a few of them myself. Of course, lately I've got into a bad habit of crashing........ but who the hell cares right? I'm sure you won't mind being punted off by a GIRL... after all, I would only be having fun :nutkick:

tittys04

kimmiegrews;185497 wrote: ... 29duc - awful that you came down and that it involved another rider... however perhaps in the future, you might choose to stick around. I know the feeling, having also been taken out before. However John Allen, DJ and Jeff (as we hear ALL the time at all riders meetings) explicitly stated that if you have a complaint or an issue, to see them rather than leave it for Monday on the forums. Especially because, in my experience, the rider involved in the crash with you most of the time wants to come by and apologize etc. But I hope your foot heals up soon!

As for you, MDohn1234
, aka: douchebag. You think you and your friends are so special? Being able to pass WHEREVER and WHENEVER you like in the intermediate group? EGO CHECK, YOU'RE NOT. You guys had to pass illegally because you and your buddies aren't actually fast enough to get around other riders the harder way. Having been in Advanced group before I bumped myself down, you don't know shit about how to get around people. :moon:

How about you do us all a favour and post up pictures of your bike --- I have a great memory and I'll be sure to look out for you next time on track and come stick you with a few inside passes....funny that, I seem to know how to do a few of them myself. Of course, lately I've got into a bad habit of crashing........ but who the hell cares right? I'm sure you won't mind being punted off by a GIRL... after all, I would only be having fun :nutkick:
:box: :congrats:

haha