Not good weekend

Control Rider
N2
MDohn1234;184784 wrote: I have to agree that it was waaayyy to many people on the track in the I group. DJ told me i should try and pit and wait for a gap. Well , it sucks paying 200 bucks to constantly have to pit to wait for a gap. I have done alot of trackdays over the years and have never experienced such a difficult day ( too many people on the track at one time ,period.) I met alot of people that were very disappointed in the I group because of this big f--- up. Maybe if it was thinned out a bit there wouldnt be as many unnecessary accidents. However, the day got better. A few of us guys said f--- it, " we are going to make SAFE passes on ANYONE and ANYWHERE and if we are asked to leave , who cares" we had fun after that. But i feel pretty sure more events like this weekend WILL affect their business. I hope they get it together!!!!!!:
Did I read this correctly? You just decided to say f--- it and break the rules. You put everyone else at risk because you didn't feel you were getting your $200 bucks worth?

Think about something... As your day was getting "better" because you stopped caring about the rules and your fellow riders, how do you think your actions affected the riders you passed illegally? Do you feel as if your fun (and 200 bucks) is worth more than their fun and safety?

This really strikes a nerve with me. This attitude only contributes to an already difficult situation.

I'm actually glad you had a bad day. Please don't come back ;)

BW962

First thing I must say is 29duc I hope you heal up quick and the damage to your bike turns out to not be so bad.
This is not how I would have liked to have joined this forum but here it goes:
I am the other rider that was involved in this incident and at this point all I can say, the best I can remember, is what happened from where I was sitting.
Coming out of turn 1 heading up the hill into turn 2 I was following two riders, I see a yellow flag and slow down a little for the yellow. Taking turn 2 I see the riders in front of me start to put up their hands or stick out their feet and I stand the bike up and start to get on the brakes. At this point I was on the brakes hard and heading of the track to the inside of turn 3. Once I hit the dirt/grass there was nothing I could do. The next thing I know there was a collision and I am rolling on the ground. The first thing I did once I got off the track was run over to 29duc ask him if he was alright and help him up.
When I got back to the pits, I thought I saw where the crash truck unloaded his bike. I waited awhile to let things cool off and went down there to check on him, but 29duc had already left.
I hope this answers any other questions to the incident and again 29duc I am sorry this happened and hope you heal up.

TeamBeer

I for one enjoyed the entire weekend. It sucks that anyone went down regardless of who caused the incident. I didn't even bother with the first Saturday session, because my tires and their rider don't like wet tracks. On both days I got passed both on the inside and pretty closely elsewhere, but it happens in every org I have ridden with. There were plenty of laps in both sessions where I had fairly long sections of track to myself (nobody passing me, even in the straights). The demo rides seemed to be the biggest issue on Saturday, but it wasn't that big of a deal to go around them. The CRs and DEMO Ride Leaders would wave you past pretty quickly. All of the red flags on Saturday was a bigger issue, but it also comes with the territory. I vote for more track days at Road Atlanta and Barber (just remind me to flip my tires at Barber).

litespeed

dbakerpa;185227 wrote: Sorry your day was ruined by some spoilers Lynda.
thanks for the sentiment David!! It takes a lot more than that to ruin my day though. Dave and I are both home, both bikes are intact, and not a single chopper landed at Road A to take someone to the hospital. Life is good!!!

JRA

Teamck16;185229 wrote: I'm just gonna go ahead and fuel the fire... there might not have been as many people there in the first place if there wasnt only ONE Road Atlanta day this year...or maybe not. :dunno:

P.S. thanks again BOB for fixing the "demo situation".
So your suggestion is to add more Road Atlanta days? :doh: Gosh, why didn't we think of that. Thanks CK, we'll call up Road Atlanta right now and add some more weekends.:rolleyes:

meganogin

NESBA is not at fault for the lack of days. I think someone said in a post somewhere, Road A has decided to concentrate their efforts on 4 wheels instead of 2. They have not made the dates available to the motorcycles( from any group) instead they have focused on bringing in more car related activities

RyanITV

Admin
meganogin;185340 wrote: NESBA is not at fault for the lack of days. I think someone said in a post somewhere, Road A has decided to concentrate their efforts on 4 wheels instead of 2. They have not made the dates available to the motorcycles( from any group) instead they have focused on bringing in more car related activities
Notice that there's not even an AMA round at Road Atlanta this year.

Ryan

Mikey75702

**Schedule Subject To Change. Please note that neither AMA or Road Atlanta have released their final 2011 schedules yet. We are still in discussions and negotiations with AMA in hopes of hosting the annual Superbike Showdown and preserving the rich history of AMA motorcycle racing at Road Atlanta.

From http://www.roadatlanta.com/events.lasso.... bottom of the page. And it shows only 3 weekends events for motorcycle track days.

I have been wondering if they are waiting for the ama to make a decision before they schedule any more track days for bikes.

Teamck16

JRA;185333 wrote: So your suggestion is to add more Road Atlanta days? :doh: Gosh, why didn't we think of that. Thanks CK, we'll call up Road Atlanta right now and add some more weekends.:rolleyes:
Hey...It seemed to work for STT ;) RA dates in JUNE, JULY, and AUGUST.

tittys04

Mikey75702;185342 wrote: **Schedule Subject To Change. Please note that neither AMA or Road Atlanta have released their final 2011 schedules yet. We are still in discussions and negotiations with AMA in hopes of hosting the annual Superbike Showdown and preserving the rich history of AMA motorcycle racing at Road Atlanta.

From http://www.roadatlanta.com/events.lasso.... bottom of the page. And it shows only 3 weekends events for motorcycle track days.

I have been wondering if they are waiting for the ama to make a decision before they schedule any more track days for bikes.
Teamck16;185344 wrote:
Hey...It seemed to work for STT ;) RA dates in JUNE, JULY, and AUGUST.
Hmmm... something doesn't add up there. maybe you're just being a douche again and starting trouble when you should really just stay out of it. :dunno:

Southerly

Teamck16;185344 wrote: Hey...It seemed to work for STT ;) RA dates in JUNE, JULY, and AUGUST.
The RA in June is the other RA (Road America). Last year I think there were 8 or 9 weekends between the two groups, this year only 3. I am hoping that Road Atlanta will make another weekend or two available for NESBA still. There was a hint about it being in the works at the riders meeting.

In B group I found the first mainly dry session was a bit bad, but not because of slow riders. It was due to a group of riders who didn't think the passing rules applied to them, so decided to go up the inside of people on turn 1. Otherwise I thought the traffic was a challenge not a problem. A couple of times I caught up to the demo riders just heading into turn 2. I took that as an opportunity to take a better look at the turns and plot my line though them for the next fast pass. I then had fun passing either coming out of turn 5 or going into turn 6. Anywhere else I found I wasn't behind them for very long at all, as the CRs were doing a good job of managing traffic. The only time that some of the demo riders threw me a bit was going into turn 10a when I realised a couple of them were watching me in the mirrors, and turned to look at me as I went past.

I think the demo program is a great idea, although I don't intend to do a demo ride. My motorcycle is the best I have ever ridden, and want to keep it that way.:D

slowpoke

Teamck16;185344 wrote: Hey...It seemed to work for STT ;) RA dates in JUNE, JULY, and AUGUST.
:haha::haha:

LMAO @ tagline below username- just noticed that

Teamck16
Resident STT Fanboy

noobinacan

MDohn1234;184784 wrote: I have to agree that it was waaayyy to many people on the track in the I group. DJ told me i should try and pit and wait for a gap. Well , it sucks paying 200 bucks to constantly have to pit to wait for a gap. I have done alot of trackdays over the years and have never experienced such a difficult day ( too many people on the track at one time ,period.) I met alot of people that were very disappointed in the I group because of this big f--- up. Maybe if it was thinned out a bit there wouldnt be as many unnecessary accidents. However, the day got better. A few of us guys said f--- it, " we are going to make SAFE passes on ANYONE and ANYWHERE and if we are asked to leave , who cares" we had fun after that. But i feel pretty sure more events like this weekend WILL affect their business. I hope they get it together!!!!!!:
you're attitude stinks.
a lot of us in I had a lot of a fun on Sat.

BW962;185278 wrote:
First thing I must say is 29duc I hope you heal up quick and the damage to your bike turns out to not be so bad.
This is not how I would have liked to have joined this forum but here it goes:
I am the other rider that was involved in this incident and at this point all I can say, the best I can remember, is what happened from where I was sitting.
Coming out of turn 1 heading up the hill into turn 2 I was following two riders, I see a yellow flag and slow down a little for the yellow. Taking turn 2 I see the riders in front of me start to put up their hands or stick out their feet and I stand the bike up and start to get on the brakes. At this point I was on the brakes hard and heading of the track to the inside of turn 3. Once I hit the dirt/grass there was nothing I could do. The next thing I know there was a collision and I am rolling on the ground. The first thing I did once I got off the track was run over to 29duc ask him if he was alright and help him up.
When I got back to the pits, I thought I saw where the crash truck unloaded his bike. I waited awhile to let things cool off and went down there to check on him, but 29duc had already left.
I hope this answers any other questions to the incident and again 29duc I am sorry this happened and hope you heal up.
Glad to hear the other side of the story.
I was going through T3 right after this incident. and hanging on cause I thought I was gonna low side into you all with all the dirt on the inside of T3. I remember you getting up and checking on someone.

pefrey

dbakerpa;184746 wrote:
2. Waving yellow means there is a bike in the road. Red just means the session is over.
NESBA does not differentiate between a standing and a waving yellow flag. Read the Riders Manual.