Not good weekend

bodell

shaugdog;184801 wrote: Hey bodell, I've never met you, and I know you're the super cool Bioweapon guy, but try acting like an adult. Or at least take your sig down so people don't affiliate an asshole with your company.
Hey due, Im just offering some constructive suggestions on how you could be less of a bitch. Its a learning process, but I am willing to give you time. As far as affiliation of assholes and BioWeapon; We are all assholes, but none of us are bitches. I suggest you step back and consider the following...

NESBA gives thousands of riders affordable access to the greatest tracks in America.
NESBA provides as close to a "safe" environment as possible to experience said racetracks.
NESBA control riders donate their personal time and equipment to police and mentor those who wish to experience and learn a skill that would otherwise be taught under fire on a race grid.
NESBA certainly does not need a bunch of noob crybabies taking anonymous pot shots on their own message board based upon the recollection and here say surrounding one incident at Road Atlanta.

I don’t mind being the bad guy. In fact I enjoy it. I am sure that NESBA will field you a professional response to these claims and accusations, however, the fact that I am merely a grateful member of NESBA, not an owner or control rider, allows me to tell you how it is. Put a few seasons under your belt and you may feel the same. Until then, if you have more to say, put who you are in your signature, and I might believe that you have some conviction.

* The ideas conveyed in this message are not necessarily the opinions of NESBA.

steve hale

MDohn1234;184784 wrote: I have to agree that it was waaayyy to many people on the track in the I group. DJ told me i should try and pit and wait for a gap. Well , it sucks paying 200 bucks to constantly have to pit to wait for a gap. I have done alot of trackdays over the years and have never experienced such a difficult day ( too many people on the track at one time ,period.) I met alot of people that were very disappointed in the I group because of this big f--- up. Maybe if it was thinned out a bit there wouldnt be as many unnecessary accidents. However, the day got better. A few of us guys said f--- it, " we are going to make SAFE passes on ANYONE and ANYWHERE and if we are asked to leave , who cares" we had fun after that. But i feel pretty sure more events like this weekend WILL affect their business. I hope they get it together!!!!!!:
Agreed... 4th year with nesba, having ridden every RA weekend but 2 since that time (I think). I group was WAAAAAAAAAAAy oversold. Yes I complained to the powers while at the track. I have NEVER been to a track day (nesba or STT) that had that many riders on the track... I guessed 70. I heard 61 was the count. I lined up left side front and heard DJ and Pitzer even gawking at how many riders were lined up and basically saying it was ridiculous. Also, Waaaaaay too many slow riders in I. There were about 8 of us that could lap someone in a session...AND I AM NOT FAST. That said the control riders did the best they could moderating the masses. Still better than a day at work but disappointing.. So my advise Nesba.. Raise the price of admission at RA or book more road atlanta dates so everyone wont pile in for the one day a year you booked... and bump some new people into your tight fraternal organization known as "A" group. Looks like they were having fun with 25 or so people...;)

Mikey75702

Quick question, since you guys are complaining about over crowding.... how many people were actually out there, per group?? And what's the safe limit for that track?? Road atl is a pretty big track... I would bet the safe limit would be more then 50 bikes per session, possibly close to double that. I have seen some full days up here at summit point, but never dangerous... I have ridden with another org that overbooked so bad, they had to split a group in half and there was still close to the # of people nesba says is max. Normally the complaining has to be pretty un-warranted to get bodell that worked up. And as another person mentioned, look at full days as passing practice. Those are kinda fun.

Mikey75702

steve hale;184809 wrote: and bump some new people into your tight fraternal organization known as "A" group. Looks like they were having fun with 25 or so people...;)
Please don't start doing this before the person is ready... that is one thing I LOVE about nesba, when you get bumoed you know you EARNED it and it wasn't just thrown at you for free.

shaugdog

bodell;184807 wrote: Hey due, Im just offering some constructive suggestions on how you could be less of a bitch. Its a learning process, but I am willing to give you time. As far as affiliation of assholes and BioWeapon; We are all assholes, but none of us are bitches. I suggest you step back and consider the following...

NESBA gives thousands of riders affordable access to the greatest tracks in America.
NESBA provides as close to a "safe" environment as possible to experience said racetracks.
NESBA control riders donate their personal time and equipment to police and mentor those who wish to experience and learn a skill that would otherwise be taught under fire on a race grid.
NESBA certainly does not need a bunch of noob crybabies taking anonymous pot shots on their own message board based upon the recollection and here say surrounding one incident at Road Atlanta.

I don’t mind being the bad guy. In fact I enjoy it. I am sure that NESBA will field you a professional response to these claims and accusations, however, the fact that I am merely a grateful member of NESBA, not an owner or control rider, allows me to tell you how it is. Put a few seasons under your belt and you may feel the same. Until then, if you have more to say, put who you are in your signature, and I might believe that you have some conviction.

* The ideas conveyed in this message are not necessarily the opinions of NESBA.
Good for you "bad guy". You must feel pretty good behind your keyboard. I have seasons "under my belt", my name is in my sig, and you think putting up pictures of bullshit in a dude's thread who crashed is cool, and then calling him a noob as well? All that to me and anyone else reading discredits Nesba, but then you proclaim what we all know about them. Your logic eludes me dude.

bodell

shaugdog;184816 wrote: Good for you "bad guy". You must feel pretty good behind your keyboard. I have seasons "under my belt", my name is in my sig, and you think putting up pictures of bullshit in a dude's thread who crashed is cool, and then calling him a noob as well? All that to me and anyone else reading discredits Nesba, but then you proclaim what we all know about them. Your logic eludes me dude.
I dont speak for NESBA.
Check your PM.

matt2212

Mikey75702;184811 wrote: Please don't start doing this before the person is ready... that is one thing I LOVE about nesba, when you get bumoed you know you EARNED it and it wasn't just thrown at you for free.
:agree:
there where times i thought I was ready and boy did I have another thing comming:doh: a more advanced group for a borderline or unqualified rider is neaver a good idea.

slowpoke

Wasnt' there so no idea about the congestion.

To the OP: really sorry to hear that you got asspacked. I know the feeling of getting taken out and it absolutely sucks. I can understand why you would want to blow off steam and point some fingers -- pretty normal reaction IMO. In a few days, I'm sure you will realize it's just the shitty part of track riding that happens no matter how much prep goes into running the day.

I'm glad you weren't hurt worse and hope you're able to heal up, fix your stuff, and get back out there. If you feel tentative at your next event, definitely grab a CR to help shake off the gremlins.

Pretty shocked at the salt being thrown in this guy's wounds especially from dudes in glass houses.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
well.....i worked and then went to an extended family event......all while wishing I was at the track.

Hope your leg heal up well! Good luck on repair the duc.

This board is awesome! Even Mic Dohan is on it!!!!!!!

beac83

29Duc - sorry you had a crappy day, but glad that the damage to you and your bike wasn't worse. Hope you heal up quickly and can get the bike back together soon.

I've only been to Road Atl once, but IIRC T3 is one of the semi-blind corners at the top of the hill. Tough place for someone to go down, and even harder to deal with if you hadn't seen a yellow flag on the way up the hill.

to mdohn1234 - I've ridden some full track days, and I've ridden days that were so lightly attended that the org had to have lost money. Both kinds of days have things to teach me. One of the best things is good judgment. No matter how much I paid for some track time, it's not worth endangering myself or others because I let my ego get in the way of good judgment. If you were making crappy passes, I hope that the CR's pulled you from the track. Traffic is no excuse for compromising safety for everyone out there.

Sounds like it was a tough day for some folks at RA. Sorry to hear. Heal up, come back.

thumpin250

Recently had the opportunity to virtually have a session to myself, After 2 laps all the A folks pulled back off. It had to be the fastest and most calm laps i've ever turned. That being said, load up the session i need the experience of passing and being passed.

litespeed

Saturday was a bit nuts, apparently in I group as well as B group. The demo riders definitely created a lot congestion, and were a source of frustration for many/most people. My understanding is that those guys/gals are riding in their group.

I am sorry to hear that you crashed and I hope that you heal up quickly.

Thanks to DJ, Bob, John, And Jeff for doing something (I don't know what) to make Sunday MUCH better.

To you guys who decided to pass outside of the rules of your group YOU caused me to pit in early and sit out the rest of the day. Yes, I was as slow as Christmas out there, but getting passed on the inside and outside of a turn only served to rattle me more. Maybe if the CRs weren't having to chase down all of the individuals who were passing illegally they could have been working on traffic management more. :banghead: And yes, I went and talked to John Allen about the situation as soon as I came in off the track. He said he was heading out to check things out. I know that he heard me, listened, and genuinely wanted to take care of the situation. Sincerely...thank you John!!!

However, I do understand your frustration, and I hope that most of you were there on Sunday to see what a difference 24 hours makes. Sunday was a completely different experience. The demo riders were a non-issue (in B group anyway). Yes, there were fewer individuals in the demo group, but....

Regardless, I am confident that no one in the NESBA organization is going to suggest that Saturday was their perfect vision of a track day at Road Atlanta or anywhere else for that matter. I am equally as confident that they are already brainstorming ideas to prevent a similar situation in the future. As DJ said at the riders meeting, if you have suggestions on how to improve the day let them know. They are listening and wanting to make this the BEST track day organization in the country.

Lynda

litespeed

29Duc...my well wishes sounded a little weak to me in my previous post. I sincerely hate to hear that you went down and are injured. THAT SUCKS!!! Heal up quick and I hope to see you out on the track soon!!!

Lynda

slowpoke

litespeed;184893 wrote: .........................To you guys who decided to pass outside of the rules of your group YOU caused me to pit in early and sit out the rest of the day. ....................Lynda
Very disappointing to read the other frustrated post whose solution was just pass anyone/anywhere. Lynda's right on point: CRs end up being track police instead of managing traffic and helping riders improve. Not to mention it puts everybody at exponentially more risk. Glad Sunday was better for you Lynda and happy you're getting your mojo back.

JRA

I've been doing my very best to understand exactly what happened in this incident. I talked to everyone involved (including several eyewitnesses) except the OP because he didn't come see me and tell me his side of it, so I guess I'm going to have to use his post here to ask the question I would have asked at the track.

If I'm interpreting your post correctly you saw a yellow flag being displayed at the top of the hill as you entered the esses. A bike was laying in the track, you put your hand up and slowed down. The rider following you then hit you from behind.

If that's right and what you saw was a yellow flag, then my first question would be why did you put your hand up? If you had the ability to get your hand up and still avoid hitting the bike in the track, then the situation wasn't so critical that there would be a reason to change anything you were doing except for taking evasive action to miss the bike. The rider behind you also saw the yellow flag and the bike, and wasn't expecting you to put up your hand up or suddenly slow down; although that's not an excuse for him hitting you, and he should have been leaving enough room between you and him to account for this.

If we could go back and do this over I'm sure everyone would do things differently. One lesson we can learn from this though is that other than signaling you are pitting in, there are only two other times when you should be signaling with your hand on a race track. One is when you see a Red flag, and then other is if you have some kind of mechanical issue and have to slow down (whether signaled by a corner worker or not), and then the proper way to do it is to signal, wait a couple of seconds, and then began slowing down. Not both at once, or worse, begin slowing down and then signal.

I'm not attempting to cast all the blame on the OP or on the guy that hit him. Everybody involved in this incident is to blame, including the initial crasher. The thing that sucks about this situation is that people crashed, tore up their bikes, got hurt, and had their day ruined, and it could have been avoided if everybody involved had done things differently. Unfortunately sometimes we all learn (including me) how to handle future situations through hard lessons. I can understand wanting to vent and that's fine. I don't mind if you do it here, but I also wish you had come to see me at the track. The guy who hit you was wanting to find you to apologize.