Not good weekend

RyanITV

Admin
jcrich;185576 wrote: I recall you had an open invitation from Bob Blanford to talk about anything you wanted at Road Atlanta. Did you not take advantage of the offer?
That's right - I forgot about that. Bob was around all weekend; working the demos by day or rolling around on a Zuma with his NESBA shirt.

Ryan

Teamck16

jcrich;185576 wrote: I recall you had an open invitation from Bob Blanford to talk about anything you wanted at Road Atlanta. Did you not take advantage of the offer?
Yes, in fact I did, I told him that he needed to get the F*ing Demo riders out of a full intermediate group. Please read previous posts before typing. ;) After that he went into the trailer, he seemed to be pretty busy fixing that cluster fu%*.

RyanITV

Admin
steve hale;184809 wrote: Agreed... 4th year with nesba, having ridden every RA weekend but 2 since that time (I think). I group was WAAAAAAAAAAAy oversold. Yes I complained to the powers while at the track. I have NEVER been to a track day (nesba or STT) that had that many riders on the track... I guessed 70. I heard 61 was the count. I lined up left side front and heard DJ and Pitzer even gawking at how many riders were lined up and basically saying it was ridiculous. Also, Waaaaaay too many slow riders in I. There were about 8 of us that could lap someone in a session...AND I AM NOT FAST. That said the control riders did the best they could moderating the masses. Still better than a day at work but disappointing.. So my advise Nesba.. Raise the price of admission at RA or book more road atlanta dates so everyone wont pile in for the one day a year you booked... and bump some new people into your tight fraternal organization known as "A" group. Looks like they were having fun with 25 or so people...;)
Actually, I just looked at the 2009 and 2010 numbers and it's always had the same rider registration limit. For 2010, most of the Intermediate RA groups were just as full as this weekend.

Slow riders in Intermediate should be effortless to pass - if those slow ones are holding you up, then you're just as slow. ;)

If you count CRs, there were just about the same number of "A" group riders out there as Intermediate.

Ryan

Teamck16

I have deceded to stop bitching. Something has come over me, I can't say that the feeling will last, but after review, It seems that I am pretty damn lucky. I have a motorcycle, get to ride it on the track, and have many other things that many don't. So for now... thank you NESBA for putting me on the track, as well as putting up with me...that is all.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
RyanITV;185589 wrote: Actually, I just looked at the 2009 and 2010 numbers and it's always had the same rider registration limit. For 2010, most of the Intermediate RA groups were just as full as this weekend.

Slow riders in Intermediate should be effortless to pass - if those slow ones are holding you up, then you're just as slow. ;)

If you count CRs, there were just about the same number of "A" group riders out there as Intermediate.

Ryan
OH DAMN you didn't Ryan.....don't break out the numbers and show the truth....Dude..numbers don't lie...

Go Ryan!
Go Ryan!
Go Ryan!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Teamck16;185610 wrote: I have deceded to stop bitching. Something has come over me, I can't say that the feeling will last, but after review, It seems that I am pretty damn lucky. I have a motorcycle, get to ride it on the track, and have many other things that many don't. So for now... thank you NESBA for putting me on the track, as well as putting up with me...that is all.
I think that was a VERY good deceeshun you just made...might be the first step into giving you a chance at being an adult some day.

But fear not...you'll always be an asshole to me.

madriders86

Whole lot of e-tough guys in here.

So this is almost to 20 pages, and it's sparked my curiosity...how many riders does NESBA cap its groups at at road atlanta?

Again, purely out of curiosity. Not trying to stir the pot here, it's just that there's been so much talk of group size and overcrowding but I haven't seen any numbers yet.

LOrtega

Control Rider
I dont want to speak out of turn but I believe that Road Atlanta will allow up to 60 riders per group....
Now again do not quote me, but that is my understanding... How many people actually signed up or rode I can not answer...

Please if im wrong correct me

RyanITV

Admin
Nesba;184981 wrote: As a follow up on DJ's post:

We are making the following changes to the sign up process for DEMO's. This will be done programmatically during signup to ensure there is a level of validation. Previously the validation was executed during the check in process for the demo's.

1. Riders that are not an active NESBA member will only be able to sign up for the 8-9 slots and the first two B sessions.
2. In order to sign up for any other class or time slot the rider must be an active NESBA member. The only class available for signup is the class you are assigned to.

Bob Blandford
For the curious, the changes in the system for demo registrations were completed this morning.

Ryan

Nesba

Teamck16;185586 wrote: Yes, in fact I did, I told him that he needed to get the F*ing Demo riders out of a full intermediate group. Please read previous posts before typing. ;) After that he went into the trailer, he seemed to be pretty busy fixing that cluster fu%*.
You came to me to complain about the DEMO riders in I, i acknowledged your complaint and let you know we were aware of the issue, you then left. At no time did you identify yourself or ask any other questions in regards to my open invitation. I was there all weekend and the fact is, that you knew who i was, you made no attempt to come back and converse about any other subject during the weekend.

We had a very public "Meet and Greet" event which i was there also for a substantial amount of time, again no appearance.

jcrich

Teamck16;185586 wrote: Yes, in fact I did, I told him that he needed to get the F*ing Demo riders out of a full intermediate group. Please read previous posts before typing. ;) After that he went into the trailer, he seemed to be pretty busy fixing that cluster fu%*.
Well if you typed something that was actually worth reading I would have.

You came to me to complain about the DEMO riders in I, i acknowledged your complaint and let you know we were aware of the issue, you then left. At no time did you identify yourself or ask any other questions in regards to my open invitation. I was there all weekend and the fact is, that you knew who i was, you made no attempt to come back and converse about any other subject during the weekend.

We had a very public "Meet and Greet" event which i was there also for a substantial amount of time, again no appearance.
Just as I thought it would go.

sheepofblue

D-Zum;185640 wrote: I think that was a VERY good deceeshun you just made...might be the first step into giving you a chance at being an adult some day.

But fear not...you'll always be an asshole to me.
Actually if he meant it then it was pretty smart. If not it showed how much he misunderstands the statement he made.

I have mixed feelings on a lot of this but in the end if it bothers you that much jump your panties a size as the are to snug.

For the record I suck at Road Atlanta. It is by far my worst track so I would have been barely holding my own had I been there.

bodell

2419545.jpg

I just wanted to complain and he is being mean to me.

Mikey75702

bodell;185765 wrote: So anyone who....... does not think that it is ok to haze the OP for his BS post can Suck A Di*k up until they Hiccup.
the op needs to know there are a bunch of reasons he needs to see the track director if this should ever happen again, but I don't think he deserves a bunch of hazing.... some of the other posts in this thread have got there due attention (ie, the guy who said he threw group rules out the window)

rk97

Mikey75702;185771 wrote: some of the other posts in this thread have got there due attention (ie, the guy who said he threw group rules out the window)
^ that "logic" pissed me off... I was pretty diplomatic in my first post, but when people think, "everyone is breaking the rules. This sucks. I'm going to break the rules too to get back at them," it only multiplies the problem exponentially.

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind," and all that...

Joe Vital

kimmie, glad to see you have lost none of your fire.

the folks that dont follow the rules for passing while riding with NESBA are too chicken shit to go racing, where they will likely have their heads handed to them. man up and take your $200 dollars and go race. there are afterall no rules with respect to passing in racing. just ask bodell.

two things that i would like add to this. 1. situational awareness. someone else mentioned this. it cannot be over stated. learn and practice your situational awareness. if you do not know what situaltional awareness is ask a CR, a pilot, a rifleman, an infantryman, etc... to get you sorted out. 2. critical decision making skills. we are forced to adapt to very dynamic situations while on the track. if we do not keep a cool head and make the correct decisions things go bad very quickly. experience and practice may be the only ways to improve both of these two crucial skills. the track is a very unforginvg environment, dont arrive unprepared.
fix your bikes, come back out and ride some more.

NESBA sucks...STT blows...