Number one thing to improve NESBA

Timmay!

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback. From what I've read so far (too many posts to read all of them) I'd like to throw in my two cents and reiterate what's already been offered in a number of posts having to do with new, first-timers to the track. This year will be my second year with NESBA, and by far it is the best organization I feel, however, just starting my second year, makes my first year, including my first time at the track, still fresh in my mind.

So to reiterate what's already been said, there should be a way to identify and embrace new people to the track scene. Personally, I would welcome the opportunity to connect with someone who's never been to the Track before, but it's hard to identify who these new riders are. For me, I was lucky enough to be at BHF on April 6, 2009, had a pit campfire and grill going cooking chicken and people just migrated over considering how cold it was that night, and amongst them was Ron Hix. Ron, I will never forget the sense of comaraderie and fellowship that was exhibited that night by everyone there, and you're hilarious :) ... I knew I had found the right place to learn and test myself on my bike.

That first time, coupled with knowing Nolan from CLSB, which offered me someone I could connect with, ask questions, and generally get a sense that I wasn't alone in my fear and anticipation of riding on the track for the first time, helped me immensly. I would love to have the opportunity to offer that to other new riders, but it's not easy to determine who's new and who isn't.

I don't have any suggestions for how identification of first or second time track riders might be accomplished, but if it could be, it would likely go a long way in allowing those of us who've been there to more easily and readily reach out to those just arriving to embrace them to the scene.

ronhix

Timmay!;111855 wrote: For me, I was lucky enough to be at BHF on April 6, 2009, had a pit campfire and grill going cooking chicken and people just migrated over considering how cold it was that night, and amongst them was Ron Hix. Ron, I will never forget the sense of comaraderie and fellowship that was exhibited that night by everyone there, and you're hilarious :) ... I knew I had found the right place to learn and test myself on my bike.
:)

This is just how I felt when I came to my first trackday at Blackhawk in April 2005.

eiiipo

oldschool;63752 wrote: I think NESBA should invest more into marketing. Right now NESBA is mostly word of mouth. That's how I found out about it. I was in a bar and somebody told me about it. I think that if more advertizing were done, more people would come out to try it.
Very Very true....I have been riding on the street and mountains for 5-6 years. I knew about the track and knew I needed to get on it (if I wanted to live to see 33). Finally I did an internet search for track day clubs and came across NESBA a week ago. I feel there are more riders such as myself just looking for a way to ride on tracks such as VIR and RA, but just did not know how to achieve it.

jigs

ronhix;111929 wrote: :)

This is just how I felt when I came to my first trackday at Blackhawk in April 2005.
I don't think ya' got knocked out in T-6 till May Ronny....;) My how things have changed.

Matt

ThePro8;111948 wrote: I still say free beer at track days.

Your name sounds vaguely familiar, have we met before?

I like it, I actually show up to collect on it.