Number one thing to improve NESBA

ERB68

awhicker;68554 wrote: I was just joking about the last part. I'll get there on my own.

HOWEVER, I'm not joking about the first part.
Boy, what would the membership dues be if we had to cover the cost of umbrella girls.

I'M IN!!!

awhicker

Whatever man, $6 / hr and tell them it's the start of a modeling career. Gron will be there for photos, he'll HAVE to pretend to be a modeling scout.

This is sounding better and better.

I call sun tan lotion application expert!

ERB68

awhicker;68569 wrote: Whatever man, $6 / hr and tell them it's the start of a modeling career. Gron will be there for photos, he'll HAVE to pretend to be a modeling scout.

This is sounding better and better.

I call sun tan lotion application expert!
Well, if we are calling dibs, I call dibs on the thong adjuster job. :)

Who wants to be in charge of bikini waxes?

Trent1098S

This thread just got jacked. If you're spending all day thinking about the umbrella girl that washes up your bike between sessions, you'll be crashing a LOT more.

Still would like a writeup on "what to expect" for each track. What could be more useful to a guy going to a new track for the first time? The generic one in the riders manual is OK, but each track is vastly different from one another in facilities, camping, layout, gate times, etc.

Going to Autobahn this weekend but I've had to piece together info from several different threads, their website, etc. And I still don't have a full picture of what to expect.

suzukigirl

You guys are cracking me up!!!

I started reading this thread the other day... Saw MANY good ideas!........
Decide to start at the back tonight for some reason, and scroll backwards to see other ideas... LMAO... It's made a turn for the worse! Haha... Not a bad idea about the "modeling career" persuasion technique tho... Many girls would fall for it ; ) OK, I'm JK... I'm horrible for partaking...

On a serious note, I don't know the status of where this has gone (Got interrupted with histerical laughter), but this was a great idea Garth. Sure, my opinion is a bit biased now, but I'm here for a reason... All of the wonderful NESBIANS, the family-type environment, its foundation and beliefs, and yes... even the rules, set NESBA far apart from anyone else. There is always room for improvement though, and this has pulled some great possibilities.

I started playing with a BHF track map the other night... Just simple stuff like the general area to pit, where tech and the riders' meeting is, etc... Just a quick draft; it needs some work! lol. Something like this shouldn't be too much trouble though, and a little handout for each track would be nice for someone that didn't know where to go. Wouldn't really need THAT many of them tho, because a lot of the time they're there with somebody that DOES know whats going on. Maybe include times (riders' meeting etc)? Just one of the simple and doable ideas... I'll try to work on some. Try to be a contributing part of this club again : (

...To be continued after some more reading ; )

suzukigirl

Identifying different CR's?????

Different colored MOHAWKS... duh! Anyone ever have trouble finding me after a session??? I didn't think so ; )

nickmick

Trent1098S;68613 wrote: Going to Autobahn this weekend but I've had to piece together info from several different threads, their website, etc. And I still don't have a full picture of what to expect.
what more info are you looking for? Just curious....The website has track maps for every layout, links to area hotels, etc. And there was a whole Autobahn camping thread.

i can understand you, as a business owner, are probably a planning freak. and that's not a bad thing.

danch

nickmick;68723 wrote: what more info are you looking for? Just curious....The website has track maps for every layout, links to area hotels, etc. And there was a whole Autobahn camping thread.

i can understand you, as a business owner, are probably a planning freak. and that's not a bad thing.
And it is a bit of a treasure hunt. Take a look in the Southeast forum - DJ has a good stickied thread with the basics for every track. I think the annotated maps idea is good, too - a lot of tracks don't really show where the facilities are, and then there's things like "where's tech?"

danch

ERB68;68538 wrote:
I guess it sounded better in my head. Video would do the same thing with missing a session.
Never mind.
Video can tell you a lot about what you're doing, but the difference between groups is educational too. Sometimes you don't quite understand why the line is the line until you see it taken at speed, and the contrast between your group and the next group up can be enlightening.

You can also tell who might get bumped, who's not being bumped because they're impatient and their judgment sucks, who's going to crash... A lot of these things can be educational for your own riding.

Trent1098S

danch;68751 wrote:
You can also tell who might get bumped, who's not being bumped because they're impatient and their judgment sucks, who's going to crash...
Wow I resemble that remark!

I was born without a shred of common sense. I learn through spankings, stupid mistakes, peer pressure, ambulance rides, and major financial loss.

Or in other words, my first marriage.

Trent1098S

nickmick;68723 wrote: what more info are you looking for? Just curious....The website has track maps for every layout, links to area hotels, etc. And there was a whole Autobahn camping thread.

I dunno. I'm a database programmer so that may shed some light on my mind set. I hate surprises and I have a REAL hard time going in to something without full disclosure. As an example, my wife told me last night that there's no electricity at Autobahn, something I missed in the camping thread. It's got me stressed out. Now I'm trying to figure out how to run warmers and fan without a generator.

EDIT: Wink fowarded me some good stuff that took care of everything. Thanks guys!

Andrei

the stuff you wrote is subjective and is inaccurate in many places. Starting from tech open at 8 am ...but I digress.

for track day related resources visit www.apexjunkie.com . afik the site does not review actual tracks. Such information or worse specific do's and dont' for each turn are meaningless on public forum. Just think of Robert Jensen perspective on how to roll on the throttle coming out of 6 ... Personally , such revelation ,if attempted, would send me to the hospital for many month to come..

beac83

ThePro8;68858 wrote: Members giving free beer after each event to the CR's
ctrank;68881 wrote:
Fixed it for ya. :D
Chad,

Just tell me what kind you like. You and the other CR's that put up with us in B have earned it. :congrats:

ERB68

danch;68751 wrote: You can also tell who might get bumped, who's not being bumped because they're impatient and their judgment sucks, who's going to crash... A lot of these things can be educational for your own riding.
Ever have that feeling someone is trying to tell ya something?

Andrei;68788 wrote: the stuff you wrote is subjective and is inaccurate in many places. Starting from tech open at 8 am ...but I digress.

for track day related resources visit www.apexjunkie.com . afik the site does not review actual tracks. Such information or worse specific do's and dont' for each turn are meaningless on public forum. Just think of Robert Jensen perspective on how to roll on the throttle coming out of 6 ... Personally , such revelation ,if attempted, would send me to the hospital for many month to come..
Hey Andrei:

Nice link to apexjunkie!

Thanks,

BZ

cecilio64

One thing I know I would like, would be if it were possible to buy half days, either morning or afternoon sessions. I know most people work Mon-Fri and hitting the track for a weekend is easier. Being in the restaurant business I'm off Sun and Mon. I'm fortunate living in Chicago because I'm able to get to Blackhawk, Autobahn, Road America, Gingerman and Putnam fairly easily. The farthest, Putnam, is 3.5 hours away(plus the hour time loss makes it 4.5 hours). I almost exclusively go on Sun to the track. Load up the trailer before leaving for work Sat afternoon then get home about 1:30 or 2 AM and either sleep a few hours and off to the track or take the trailer to work and leave from there, and sleep at the gate waiting for 7AM. It would be great if I could buy a morning sesion at Autobahn or BHF on some Sat, get done at noon and head home, shower and get to work. Or, buy an afternoon session and be able to make it to Putnam on Sun. The buyers of the morning sesion would get all the tech and riders meeting (including beginer meeting) like everyone else and then be done at noon. But for the afternoon buyers , there would have to be tech then a riders meeting and a beginer meeting for the beginers. I know at the last couple of TDs there has been a second beginers meeting around 12:45 for those wanted it. This could be the afternooners meeting. This might be alot to ask and maybe impossible because of legal/logistical restraints, but I thought I'd throw another idea out there.