Number one thing to improve NESBA

RandyO

mx558;68095 wrote: who really cares what org. to ride in, just go ride all the tracks you can and have fun. I see plenty of Nesba CRs riding with different org. all the time
Personally? I am out there to have fun and IMPROVE... I have now ridden with a couple different orgs and there is a BIG difference in them..

If all you want to do is go out and play "ricky racer" then it wont much difference who, what and where you chose to ride.. if you are looking for some quality, constructive help? NESBA all the way.. the CR's are easily the best around..

A lot of NESBA B group riders? faster than other org's Intermediate riders...

ridngsxrs

+1 Totally agree with you! Especially in my case if I'm doing 2 back to back trackdays, I don't have to wake up at 3 am to start my drive. I can just wake up whenever and get there before lunch and hit the track half day and a full next.

cecilio64;75910 wrote: One thing I know I would like, would be if it were possible to buy half days, either morning or afternoon sessions..

stephenjpauls

I like the idea of doing a half track day. However I doubt that it could be much less expensive... on days that don't sell out (guess we have had a few of those this year) it might be different, but on days that do sell out that would be a loss of revenue.

Blinky

I think returning NESBA members should have a $25 annual renewal fee to compete with the other track day clubs memberships but keep the $75 as a first time membership fee. Also, more track dates is a plus.

Sleeping Psycho

Half Track Days? may work as just one more item on the menu, but you would likely have to give preference to full day sign ups, offer a limited number of half day spots or both.

As far as a $25 fee for returning members, I would only agree to this if NESBA also throws in the unbrella girl of my choice, and gurantees me a big parking spot for the huge air conditioned mega hauler they are going buy me with all that extra money they are going to be making by reducing the fees so I have a place to use as storage for my ubrella girl.

smileblue27

Interesting Idea Mr Blinky. It would almost be like a reward for loyal returning members. Maybe if it was too costly it could be done in increments. $50 for the second year, $25 for the third year and each additional. Your a freakin genius...."if it wasn't such a waste of a fine enlisted man I would recommend you for OTS Private Gump"

P.S. More SouthEast track dates!!!

greeny

I think that the LAST person that needs to be convinced that the $75 membership fee is worth the $$ is a returning customer...

A59

How about upping the membership fee and lowering the td prices? The tire prices on top of that is too much for me to do many days. I'm seriously joking, just a point not an actual request. I'd love nothing more than to be able to afford to do more wknds w/ Nesba.

Bunda350

A few people are saying that they wish the b group had more structure like a cr for a few guys and the group to be put into subgroups.

I disagree with this idea from experience.
My first td was with nesba and I loved it. My second td was with another org where they organize the b group to 5 or 6 guys to one cr and I hated that format because you are only as fast as the slowest guy in that group. I understand that you would be able to move from one slower group to a faster one, but thats wat they did and it didnt work as well as it sounds. I like they way nesba was run a lot more and I enjoyed that day more. Plus the crs at nesba gave me a lot more feedback and i went home learning a lot more and improving more with nesba than with the other org.

If new guys want to be a part of a group and run with a cr that is assigned to that group then that should be an option to the rider. Also everyone here agrees with being really nervous one their first day as was I. And one of nesba's cr took initiative to as if anyone was new and we ran together the first two sessions and then started to ride with some faster guys because I was feeling comfortable and felt slowed down by the guys who were still a little less confident to push there bike. So they kept riding with the CR most of the day while I kept riding with faster guys and at almost every session a CR(forgot his name) would spend atleast 3 laps observing me and then after the session he would give me advice. The next session I tried to improve on what the Cr said and it felt like I was really improving.

The other organizations way of teaching felt more as if they were teaching a class while Nesba taught more on the individual level.
Nesba Rocks!!

JeffreyDeal197

how about adding Jennings GP to the track list? is there any red tape to cut to get that included?

really i wouldn't mind $75/year fee but going down to $25 just might cut down overall profit, and let's face it you can't buy a whole lot for your bike with $75 anyway. maybe $50 instead? that's still pretty fair.

and i have to agree with Bunda, i never felt limited by anything more than myself saying 'don't go over your head just yet'.

Trent1098S

I dunno I did 15 days with NESBA this year (soon to be 18 with Road Atlanta), and when I signed up for RA I had enough "reward points" from this year to get a $50 credit. So there's your $25 membership.. just do enough track days and that $75 will get knocked down to $25. :)

Now if only tires weren't so expensive and if all the tracks were only 2 hours or less from my house.. I'd be in paradise.. need a NESBA private jet to ferry us around or somethin. Or a Chinook helo..

slowpoke

One rainy weekend credit this year saved me $330 so paying the $75 per year is one of the few bills that i pay with a smile. well worth it and no other org comes close to the benefits for only $75/year.

ERB68

I don't think any of us members will argue with the $75. It's the new prospective members that need an incentive to try it.

Maybe a partial credit on the first track day to offset the membership fee as a hook to entice new people.

alphamale

The one thing I really liked about Sportbike Track Time this past weekend was no gear check. I hate carrying my leathers/boots/gear over to tech. :-D

NESBA still has my vote for being the best trackday org out there however.

Even though both organizations seem to be very well run, it's kinda like how when I was in the Marine Corps, everything the Army did seemed to be different. Not necessarily bad different, just different.

I still can't get over the fact that you can pick what group you are in with Sportbike track time. I was also amazed though, that it didn't turn into a crash fest in advanced with 30 "advanced" riders on track. (Well besides the 2nd session of the day, which I never actually turned a full lap) The advanced group provided ample passing opportunities and I never felt UNSAFE.

Some other comparisons about my weekend with that other org:

-love the fact that you don't feel nickel and dimed at the gate with NESBA. STT charged $10 per person to get in the gate for the weekend... On the other hand, STT had free banana's and apples and gatorade throughout the day (kinda nice although you'd have to eat a lot of banana's to make up for it)

-Since I was running advanced at STT, I was happy that their running order was Intermediate, Advanced, Novice... I was pleased that Advanced didn't have to go out and be the sacrificial lambs when the ambient temperature was in the 40's. LOL...

-STT has a rule that all groups will go out on the first lap of the first session at 40 MPH. I think this is a really good idea. Really good idea. Now that I am advanced with NESBA, there are tracks that I've never been to, where I appreciate the opportunity to get a scouting lap in before I get my backside run down in the A group. That and it's good for scrubbing in NEW tires.

-NESBA's cancellation & weather policy is the best in the business.

greeny

alphamale;95737 wrote: -STT has a rule that all groups will go out on the first lap of the first session at 40 MPH. I think this is a really good idea. Really good idea. Now that I am advanced with NESBA, there are tracks that I've never been to, where I appreciate the opportunity to get a scouting lap in before I get my backside run down in the A group. That and it's good for scrubbing in NEW tires.
So u warm ur tires all morning, set your pressures, and then go out on a 4 minute sighting lap to cool 'em down in the coldest session of the day? :notsure:

JRA

The one thing I really liked about Sportbike Track Time this past weekend was no gear check. I hate carrying my leathers/boots/gear over to tech.
You wouldn't believe what some people will try to wear onto the track. It might be a hassle for you, but not everybody exercises good judgment. Unfortunately some people need somebody to tell them that it's not a good idea to wear that helmet with the big crack in it on the track.