Paging JRA

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Kev,
Get a 750 and keep the camera rolling...I enjoy watching your vids.:agree:

Godfather

Some Info Here!

Check it out here. This is a 2011 article on two of the bikes you mentioned, Gsxr 750 & the Ducati 848, but also included is the Triumph 675.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_1109_ducati_848_evo_suzuki_gsx_r750_triumph_daytona_675r_motorcyclist_class_of_2011/viewall.html

Kev,

I lived in Italy for almost 23 years...Italians pose on Ducati's but they don't race them or ride track days with them. The maintenance is too intense and the parts are expensive. If you have DEEP pockets, your GOLDEN! Only Rich old Italian's with more money than talent or a SPONSORED rider, rides a Ducati at the track. If you need futher confirmation, I'm sure 1BAD7 will back me on this also as he did 8 years with me in Italy. I have owned 2 Ducks (2001 ST4S, and a 600 Monster and my son had the S4r Monster) High Maintenance Just like a Super Model.

My 2006 STOCK Gsxr-600, all I've done to her is change the oil, filter, and tires. This year, I may change the brake pads? Low Maintenance Just like a hot chick in jeans and a sweatshirt.

This is more than my .02 cents but I think the article above speaks volumes. But as I said eariler, buy what makes you happy.

R/
GDFTHR

betarace;263597 wrote: GSXR750s will make you a man. Take it from someone liberated from the bonds of femininity

avn95g.jpg
Damn that is some good masterbation material right there folks!

BZ

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Godfather;263644 wrote: Check it out here. This is a 2011 article on two of the bikes you mentioned, Gsxr 750 & the Ducati 848, but also included is the Triumph 675.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_1109_ducati_848_evo_suzuki_gsx_r750_triumph_daytona_675r_motorcyclist_class_of_2011/viewall.html

Kev,

I lived in Italy for almost 23 years...Italians pose on Ducati's but they don't race them or ride track days with them. The maintenance is too intense and the parts are expensive. If you have DEEP pockets, your GOLDEN! Only Rich old Italian's with more money than talent or a SPONSORED rider, rides a Ducati at the track. If you need futher confirmation, I'm sure 1BAD7 will back me on this also as he did 8 years with me in Italy. I have owned 2 Ducks (2001 ST4S, and a 600 Monster and my son had the S4r Monster) High Maintenance Just like a Super Model.

My2006 STOCK Gsxr-600, all I've done to her is change the oil, filter, and tires. This year, I may change the brake pads? Low Maintenance Just like a hot chick in jeans and a sweatshirt.

This is more than my .02 cents but I think the article above speaks volumes. But as I said eariler, buy what makes you happy.

R/
GDFTHR
+1 Definitely the way to go if you want to ride and not worry about your bike.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Kev,

You should have trode that Rc8r at Barber, your only question would have been where do I get one!

Tom

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
tdelegram;263759 wrote: Kev,

You should have trode that Rc8r at Barber, your only question would have been where do I get one!

Tom
That's probably past Kev's price point..and I think you offerred me a spin on it as well (Thanks for the offer)..and I'm just paranoid about other people's bikes....Won't even sit on them.

JRA

I really think some important questions everyone should ask themselves before buying a track bike should be...What are the chances I can find x,y,z part for this bike at the track when it breaks? How much will it matter to me that I've traveled 500 miles to be here and can't ride unless I can find a part for the inevitable failure? Is this bike going to be easy to repair and find parts for when I crash it? And does it have a proven history of dependability?

To answer the first of those questions for you I'll say that I've helped numerous people find needed parts for Yamaha's and Suzuki's. Honda's and Kawasaki's are a crap shoot, you might find a part but chances aren't good. I've never found a part for a Ducati and I've had lot's of people ask. Not that they aren't cool bikes, but there aren't that many at any given track day and they do frequently break from what I've seen. Your results may vary from mine though.

tdelegram

Control Rider
D-Zum;263783 wrote: That's probably past Kev's price point..and I think you offerred me a spin on it as well (Thanks for the offer)..and I'm just paranoid about other people's bikes....Won't even sit on them.
You are correct Darrin, but now that the motor is broken in no more joy rides, all of you can admire it when you pass me.

physicistkev

Control Rider
D-Zum;263783 wrote: That's probably past Kev's price point..and I think you offerred me a spin on it as well (Thanks for the offer)..and I'm just paranoid about other people's bikes....Won't even sit on them.
I dont like riding other peoples stuff. I have only ever ridden Troy's 750 when he owned it, but I was very specific on the "I can't afford to fix it if I wreck it". He didn't care, so I gave it a whirl.

The RC8 is way out there on price for me. The 848 is probably a stretch, but at least it has been around a while and I can find one that needs some lovin. I think it will come down to what is available when I go to purchase, or what comes along that is just to enticing to pass up.

physicistkev

Control Rider
JRA;263786 wrote: I really think some important questions everyone should ask themselves before buying a track bike should be...What are the chances I can find x,y,z part for this bike at the track when it breaks? How much will it matter to me that I've traveled 500 miles to be here and can't ride unless I can find a part for the inevitable failure? Is this bike going to be easy to repair and find parts for when I crash it? And does it have a proven history of dependability?

To answer the first of those questions for you I'll say that I've helped numerous people find needed parts for Yamaha's and Suzuki's. Honda's and Kawasaki's are a crap shoot, you might find a part but chances aren't good. I've never found a part for a Ducati and I've had lot's of people ask. Not that they aren't cool bikes, but there aren't that many at any given track day and they do frequently break from what I've seen. Your results may vary from mine though.
I had already locked this idea up. I had the 1990, and I had to bring my own spares. I swear I brought so many boxes of parts, just in case. I shed 80% of the stuff I took to track days just by going to the zx6. You can ask Jeff. What he went home with was what I took to every trackday. I had the floor of one side of my 2 car garage filled with parts.

A quick search on Ebay will show that the GSXR is probably the smart play for me. Another point to the GSXR.

noobinacan

stumbled upon this thing today...what a weapon
was surprised to find out, its actually got 1/4 turn throttle.

Honestly, I could not think of much to improve it for track use...
race pads, lighter battery to further improve handling, frame sliders, maybe 520 conversion...race bodywork.
GOD that thing's a weapon!!!!

$14k

2013-02-15164014-Copy_zpsf24f0bf0.jpg