Paging JRA

physicistkev

Control Rider
So, I ended up getting a 2007 GSXR 750. Right price, good stock platform to build from and a solid performer. Picked it up on Monday. I will try to post up the actual differences I feel as I get going with this bike. Probably resurrect the blog to do this.

noobinacan

physicistkev;291479 wrote: So, I ended up getting a 2007 GSXR 750. Right price, good stock platform to build from and a solid performer. Picked it up on Monday. I will try to post up the actual differences I feel as I get going with this bike. Probably resurrect the blog to do this.
ah Kevin...what a refreshing thread to resurrect!!
i think this year a bunch of people have gone to 750 and there were already a few on 750's form earlier.

Needless to say...if you end up making Barber this year by any chance you'll see a bunch of 50's in the fast group.
except for cheaters!!!

edit: something I noticed, the difference between a fast SBK lap and a fast supersport lap (built 600's) is ~ 5 seconds at any given 2 1/4 mile track. (and I'd bet most of it is on the straights)
so when you get fast on a 50, you're gonna give liters a hard time...unless they're ON IT!!!

bmrboy

Oh how true , how true ..... I just love my 7-fiddy , even after coming off an S-1000RR it is a sweet ride ..... :adore:
light , handles very well even with stock suspension , and damn fast ... Aman is also correct about the 1000 cc bikes
you can hang with them ... I think the 750 is a happy medium , a blast to ride ... :)

Hope to ride VIR next weekend .... :dunno: have to finish up a couple of jobs first ... work before play.

Sig

We all know JRA really got a 1k because he is super slow in the corners and needed to make up time in the straights. ;)

JRA

Sig;291517 wrote: We all know JRA really got a 1k because he is super slow in the corners and needed to make up time in the straights. ;)

Don't forget that I'm a lazy rider too. :D

Ruhe52

Whoa! JR lets not say something we will regret at Barber!!!!!!!

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

borislav

Control Rider
physicistkev;291479 wrote: So, I ended up getting a 2007 GSXR 750. Right price, good stock platform to build from and a solid performer. Picked it up on Monday. I will try to post up the actual differences I feel as I get going with this bike. Probably resurrect the blog to do this.
Welcome to the family Kevin!;)
PS.I haven't seen this thread before but just to let you know I used stock gearing at Barber last year!
Hope to see you down there this November.

noobinacan

i have a shirt now..which says

real men ride 600's
cheaters ride 750's
fat boys ride 1000's

maybe that last line should've been "fat lazy CR's ride 1000's" :cr:
:nutkick: