Post gingerman: this is going to be one of my regular tracks now

mikdivad

Good to be riding with Nesba again after a long hiatus. Had a great time at one of the first tracks I learned how to ride on with Nesba. I was able to turn some personal best times, but what's more fun is comparing them to the times I turned when I first began this sport. It gives me a renewed perspective/appreciation for track riding that has a tendency to be overshadowed by my pursuit and frustration of the elusive second or two in lap times.

JonGu

gkotlin;7405 wrote: I like this track more and more. It grows on you like mold.
Supposedly the cure for that is to pee on yourself wherever you find the growth... :dunno:

JonGu

Had a blast out at Gingerman myself. Nice and relaxing place, long haul but definitely fun. Hated the track but that may have had more to do with my bike set up plus a nice little Turn 5 highside early on in the day which completely shot my confidence about the seams.

Good seeing everyone again, thanks Fred for the new suit, Turn One guys for suspension set up tips, EMT's for looking out for me, and everyone else for a fun time.

BTW thanks again to Marshall for following me back... I had a bit of an incident with my tow vehicle... weld on the exhaust broke so I figured what the hell, I'll just remove the pipe that's dangling down there. Well, with that piece gone, the exhaust was blowing straight onto my rear brake lines and boiled the fluid, had a nice Ron Hix moment in my tow vehicle trying to pull over on the shoulder and having no pressure. Good thing for the e-brakes.

greeny

JonGu;7409 wrote: Supposedly the cure for that is to pee on yourself wherever you find the growth... :dunno:
i heard an occasional shower works wonders as well. at least once a week :D

punkass

Had a great time this weekend!! Glad to see Fera rolling really well out there. And crashing like he has been doing it for years. Welcome to the club buddy, you're a real man now. :haha:

beac83

Had a great time this weekend. Thanks to all the CR's who worked with me to get me back on track, and to those guys in B group who had to wait for a chance to pass me. By the end of Sunday, I was closer to keeping the pace. Great learning experience, great people. Thanks to the CR's for the understanding and challenges, the pushes and tows. Once again Turn One earns my respect and business. Thanks to all.

Now I have to figure out how to work in more track days into the fall schedule with my Saturday class starting in two weeks.

hotwings

Greetings all ya- all, Lubbock TX is hot and humid. I always plan these trips to get out of off loading the trailer. Good weekend. Finally got it together on Sunday afternoon.

What's in a name; check out our website;

www.bigmeaniemotorsports.com

TurnOneRacing

Nice video Gary, and thanks to everyone for the kind words. It's good to hear that our operation is keeping you guys happy.

IllmicIll

Thanks to Nesba for a great experience. I had too much fun even though I went off the track twice :D I dont think I've ever learned so much in one day. going off the track, witnessing a crash 20ft in front of me and having my rear wheel off the ground about 1.5'... there's so much to learn. It was nice meeting all ya'll and hope to see ya'll again at BHF.

Corn Fed

JonGu;7411 wrote: Had a blast out at Gingerman myself. Nice and relaxing place, long haul but definitely fun. Hated the track but that may have had more to do with my bike set up plus a nice little Turn 5 highside early on in the day which completely shot my confidence about the seams.

Good seeing everyone again, thanks Fred for the new suit, Turn One guys for suspension set up tips, EMT's for looking out for me, and everyone else for a fun time.

BTW thanks again to Marshall for following me back... I had a bit of an incident with my tow vehicle... weld on the exhaust broke so I figured what the hell, I'll just remove the pipe that's dangling down there. Well, with that piece gone, the exhaust was blowing straight onto my rear brake lines and boiled the fluid, had a nice Ron Hix moment in my tow vehicle trying to pull over on the shoulder and having no pressure. Good thing for the e-brakes.
Duct tape would fix that :notsure: Could of used some off that that old suit....

orionburn

I finally managed to get one video cut down last night - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVLKHF-8XCk

Definitely not my best laps, but screw it! Still had a great time. Watching the videos I took is killing me since I doubt I'll be able to make it out to another track this year. :( But the girlfriend agrees we should try and hit some other tracks other than are already standing plans of going to Gingerman for the whole weekend next year :D

I'll have to agree with Finny....

Open track all day? that just sucks. got used to it then went to blackhawk yesterday and had traffic all day.

Great group of people? well, that just sucks too. had to come back to work today to these yahoo's who just don't get the addiction.

Beautiful weather? yeah...burned my bald head.

$40 for gas, food with a chef, sitting and doing nothing in the car, air conditioned sleeping, rear tire flip, tools, canopies, chairs, air compressor, etc, etc? now I've got extra money my wife has to burn.

Helpful CR's following/leading almost every session? now I've got no excuse to not improve.

Seriosly though. what a great weekend. learned lots. I actually liked the bumps and seams. Taught me to stay on line, focus ahead of me, and trust the bike. Had a blast Sunday afternoon getting pulled by Duane (Gypsy?). too bad i ran out of gas (me, not my bike)

motogypsy

hey jaren,
thanx for the props...
i had a blast riding with ya,,,,
i love gingerman,,
i had heard so many bad things about the track that i wasnt even gonna ride it..
then some friends of mine all booked a day out there so i had to go...
now i have been there about 4 times this summer and love it...
the seams were only a problem for me at first when i was worried about them and going to slow.....
i mean i learned how to ride on michigan roads....if i am gonnna let a couple of seams slow me down....well..you get the idea...
what a blast....gingerman is high on my list of FUN tracks to ride.....

peace.

duane

S3aturnR

jaren warren;7605 wrote: too bad i ran out of gas (me, not my bike)
oh, yeah. that reminds me. i ran out of gas (the bike) again. this time coming out of turn 3. had to switch to reserve for the last two laps of the last session on sunday. i guess i should check it more often.

sorry to whoever was behind me...

s3aturnr

shredzor

I spent my whole weekend at Gingerman, and it was nuts. It was my first track days ever, and Im definately hooked. I was super impressed how well nesba handles there events. I have to give a special thanks to brian and the other CR's. They were a huge help.

JonGu

Corn Fed;7501 wrote: Duct tape would fix that :notsure: Could of used some off that that old suit....
Maybe I'll just safety wire it together? :D

Really though, there should be a 6 ft rule with NESBA just like STT has. Except with NESBA it should be that if you have more than 6 ft of duct tape holding either your bike or your suit together... FAIL!

dlockhart5x

JonGu;7737 wrote: Maybe I'll just safety wire it together? :D

Really though, there should be a 6 ft rule with NESBA just like STT has. Except with NESBA it should be that if you have more than 6 ft of duct tape holding either your bike or your suit together... FAIL!
CR's Steve and Tony were pitted next to us and somehow Jon's suit came up in conversation.
The next big thing for Jon is going to be fiberglass reinforced packing tape.

:haha:The fiberglass counts as Armour.

I am pretty sure I'll have a new avatar, once Matt posts the pix :doh:

Bucky Badger

dlockhart5x;7759 wrote: I am pretty sure I'll have a new avatar, once Matt posts the pix :doh:
Ask and ye shall receive...

DSC_0591.jpg

Photo Credit: Matt and Lynda Granzow