take overs

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
crewnutz;30058 wrote: a not for profit organization still operates as a business
i think he was trying to say that one has retained earnings/dividends...whereas the other places the remaining balance back to the company assets for one thing or the other

Mysteryman

stow;30079 wrote: I think NESBA only has one person on the payroll. The rest of the money goes into the hopper for member benefits.
Its at least two. fairly sure only two but without a doubt two.

MV Rider

I have participated in the sport of motorcycling for 30 years on high performance bikes and I know that this is a good buisness practice for an organization like STT to tie up tracks but I feel it is not good for the sport. I have ridden with several organizations and I have enjoyed most of my days with them. I feel it is important for all riders to get the opportunity to ride on the track and it is especially critical for new riders and stuff like this only limits the number of slots available and you will also see the price for the event go up. This is an expensive hobby/addiction the way it is without adding this kind of cutthroat activity to the game.:dunno:

DB_ZX10r

rk97;30064 wrote:
we'll see what happens with BlueGrass, but i'm not passing up the chance to be one of the first to turn a wheel on that track!

Can anyone in the know elaborate and let us know, are we going to ride at Bluegrass this year or has STT locked it in?

I understand that in the overall picture for most trackday organizations and tracks that it's all a business. But what happens when/if we would be locked out of Barber? Road Atlanta? VIR? Then will we (NESBA) do something then? Or do we become a 2nd rate organization? (the tracks we ride, not the way our trackdays are run). As a member of NESBA I think it's time to be pro-active. And I hope our leadership is!!

~Dan

Poper

rk97;30064 wrote:

we'll see what happens with BlueGrass, but i'm not passing up the chance to be one of the first to turn a wheel on that track!
It is going to be AMAZING!

MV Rider

I spoke at quite length the other day with one of the higher ups at TPM as they are an organization I feel comfortable with riding and it was explained to me that, unfortunately this is probably going to be occuring more. They got shut out of Calaboogie by a Canadian org even though they are the ones who started motorcycle trackdays there simply because the track wanted to give it to a Canadian org. This could wind up(on a much smaller scale) like the tire wars, which in my opinion will only hurt our sport and our track day organizations.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
MV Rider;30106 wrote: I have participated in the sport of motorcycling for 30 years on high performance bikes and I know that this is a good buisness practice for an organization like STT to tie up tracks but I feel it is not good for the sport. I have ridden with several organizations and I have enjoyed most of my days with them.
I am not sure where you are going with the "bad for the sport"

IMO, one of the interesting things about motorcycling in general is meeting all different people for different walks of life. If you ride with one or two TD orgs, you will eventually get to know the usual people there and only have the occasional interaction with someone new. Whereas, if you do not have a problem/issue with other orgs, and you ride indiscriminately between them, then you will increase your likelihood of meeting new people all the time.

As I mentioned earlier, I can see both perspectives. However, from a business perspective, it just makes sense to "lock down" a track. From a personal side of things, I just hope that if this does become a norm, that TD orgs do not start charging outrageous "membership fees." That could seriously effect the cost of a TD if you are riding with 3-4 orgs/per year

MV Rider

lemondrop;30162 wrote: I am not sure where you are going with the "bad for the sport"

IMO, one of the interesting things about motorcycling in general is meeting all different people for different walks of life. If you ride with one or two TD orgs, you will eventually get to know the usual people there and only have the occasional interaction with someone new. Whereas, if you do not have a problem/issue with other orgs, and you ride indiscriminately between them, then you will increase your likelihood of meeting new people all the time.

As I mentioned earlier, I can see both perspectives. However, from a business perspective, it just makes sense to "lock down" a track. From a personal side of things, I just hope that if this does become a norm, that TD orgs do not start charging outrageous "membership fees." That could seriously effect the cost of a TD if you are riding with 3-4 orgs/per year
What you are describing is the negative aspect of this process, which is what I am talking about. Young riders which I approach about riding on the track tell me that there main drawback to coming is the price. Competition is great but if we wind up with a couple of big dogs who then start bumping up the price it will drive more people away and we will have even more squidly activity going on. I realize that this process will take several years or more but I am interested in the long term of this great sport even after I am long gone. I agree totaly with you about meeting new people and that is why I ride with 3 different organizations.

Joe Vital

Trackday providers that lock out other organizations from certain tracks are not fostering competition. They are doing quite the opposite. True competition would be wide open access and let each business fail or succeed by their own their merits. Not their ability to close a deal and keep other providers out.
As has been said, if there is only one place to get a product, that place can charge what ever they choose and provide whatever level of service they choose. The customer has no option but to pay or not play. The product becomes less important than access to that product.

Having read the press release on the RRW site, it is still not clear to me that STT has exclusivity at Blue Grass. They are the ‘Official Motorcycle Partner’; this kind of sounds like NESBA’s Yamaha deal.

toptaz1000rr

personally i will and would never ride with stt a$$holes... that own that crap org

i signed up for an event... paid 400... my grandmother was DYING and i was waiting for a call to leave the country ... asked "STT GUY" what i could do or how to go about getting a refund or even a "CREDIT" since i thought it would be UNSAFE to ride with the thought of my grandmother dying in the back of my head..

they fought me on the cc charge.. are they that hard up for money that they need to steal 400 from someone that was thinking about other riders... i mean would anyone want someone riding at all never the less 120---130---160 on a track as they thought of a loved one dying ... i think NOT its unsafe..

they are money hungry and all they care about is the DOLLAR!! i have heard soooo many nightmares about the way they run a track day ... second only to NYSBC that also SUCKS... 2 hours lunches... delays cause mgmt cant run the show properly etc..

i say NESBA take it all !!!!!!

Rick Johnson

:agree:with Joe V. If we want to ride a certain track we should not be told we can only ride on that track with one org. I would like to have the option to ride with whoever I choose depending on price and how the org. runs their trackday.That being said I mostly ride with Nesba because they run a great day.The first couple times I rode with them I was like man they run their days kinda military style.I thought this was a good thing and look foward to doing many more days with Nesba in the future.:first:

hank

If an org has an 'Exclusive' at a track and is unable to make a profit from the days it has the track rented, it will open up to other clubs real fast... you can bet on that since no org is going to willing lose money in the process of being a monopoly.

And the current economic environment is going to affect ALL of the tracks, riders and orgs this coming year... ;)

toptaz1000rr

Rick Johnson;30182 wrote: :agree:with Joe V. If we want to ride a certain track we should not be told we can only ride on that track with one org. I would like to have the option to ride with whoever I choose depending on price and how the org. runs their trackday.That being said I mostly ride with Nesba because they run a great day.The first couple times I rode with them I was like man they run their days kinda military style.I thought this was a good thing and look foward to doing many more days with Nesba in the future.:first:
+1 :agree::agree:

Booty Freak

I choose to ride the tracks because of the track & facilities.
Not because of who is putting on the event. Needless to say their are some track
day operations that run better events than others. I'd be willing to bet the
majority of riders on this forum are members of multiple clubs. I know that
this forum is made up of die hard Nesba fans who would not quit riding the track
or sell their bikes if Nesba were to close up shop tomorrow. Personally, I pick my
track time based on the date & weather. Not who is putting on the event.

steve p

I love threads like this because it reminds me how hypocritical people are. Not even 6 months ago when NESBA had the track days at Road America before the CCS races, many people were like "too bad, buy a membership if you don't like it". Same thing the year before. It has been and always will be about business. Sometimes business gets ugly. The good news is that this is the USA and you are free to make your own choice. Don't want to ride with someone else, don't. simple as that. Flame away.

dlockhart5x

steve p;30198 wrote: I love threads like this because it reminds me how hypocritical people are. Not even 6 months ago when NESBA had the track days at Road America before the CCS races, many people were like "too bad, buy a membership if you don't like it". Same thing the year before. It has been and always will be about business. Sometimes business gets ugly. The good news is that this is the USA and you are free to make your own choice. Don't want to ride with someone else, don't. simple as that. Flame away.
Somewhat a apple V oranges in that RA is available on multiple dates, with multiple orgs throught the season.
Vs
only having access through 1 org, ever.

snikwad

so since TPM has all but abandoned VIR for NJMP and have totally dropped Summit main, does that mean main will be on our schedule a lot more this year as well as VIR?

steve p

dlockhart5x;30200 wrote: Somewhat a apple V oranges in that RA is available on multiple dates, with multiple orgs throught the season.
Vs
only having access through 1 org, ever.
good point, thanks Dave.