take overs

jimgl3

doesn't Jennings still have $99 days?
i know 2 of our members that went there and got smashed into from behind though... got me thinking twice about going there . DJ?

aronhalt

Very interesting discussion. I've done one track day with STT and I said I'd never go back since I didn't feel as safe at the event and it didn't seem managed as well. And...I know it sounds strange, but I didn't seem welcome (might have been the NESBA sticker?).

That said... I lied to myself. When picking track days this year I couldn't get the schedule to work out and ended up looking at STT again. Can't believe how many more trackdays there are at STT! And then I found a Bluegrass track 45min from my home that I wasn't aware of. I saw Taladega, Nashville, Grattan, Mid-Ohio tracks as well. Didn't know that the first three were even options. My current plan is to pick NESBA if there is an option for a track and pick up the others with STT since I like NESBA and want to support it. If I had a choice I'd do them all with NESBA.

A business with shareholders needs to not only turn a profit...but it also must grow. A business that doesn't grow is of very little value to shareholders. STT is a service business which means that they grow by either having better or more services than the competition (seems they are working the qty over quality). I'm also betting that the exclusive deals involve either a guaranteed attendance, a yearly deposit, or some other form of sizable liability for the year. I'm not certain, but I doubt that a not for profit can do the same either since the bankroll isn't as high, some tax reasons about buying things which have no tangible value, or because a not-for-profit has no reason (other than member satisfaction) to grow or maintain the size of it's empire.

Finally, I imagine it is more difficult than ever for the organizations to plan the track days this year. In an uncertain, nay, failing, economy it is difficult and dangerous even to make deals a year into the future and guaruntee attendance when this is an expensive activity and the customer base is losing jobs and shrinking. STT's agressiveness at this time may turn out to be it's undoing.

I'm sure that the NESBA leaders are doing everything they can in these uncertain times. Like most others I wish that all organizations had access to all tracks. I also wish that Sony didn't pay off the movie studios and obsolete my HD-DVD player. Like momma said: "sometimes life isn't fair" and this is especially true in business.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
uncertain as they may seem, NJMP is nearly sold out and I hear Barber is sold out....so we are apparently diggin in those couches for some change somewhere. I do not think this economy is going to have as great effect on trackdays as some may think.

jimgl3

what's wrong w/ biscuits and mustard? is something wrong w/ biscuits and mustard? someone tell me what's wrong w/ biscuits and mustard! LOL!

how's about saltines and ketchup?

DB_ZX10r

Bluegrass has sent out there schedule for the year and NESBA is not on it. I think it's just a reality that NESBA won't admit to us but we need to accept. NO Bluegrass, No Grattan, and No Mid-Ohio, it's just the way it is!!

kaleido

DB_ZX10r;44769 wrote: Bluegrass has sent out there schedule for the year and NESBA is not on it. I think it's just a reality that NESBA won't admit to us but we need to accept. NO Bluegrass, No Grattan, and No Mid-Ohio, it's just the way it is!!
nesba doesnt have grattan because stt took them over too. in the past week now ive talked to people in the know from track owners to vendors and all in between. its NO secret stt is on a mission to take the whole market. thats not hyperbole either, thats from the horses mouth. i understand that you just want to ride but when one org starts taking over every track in a region thats either going to leave one org or drastically change the way trackdays are by forcing orgs to have exclusive rights to whatever tracks that are left and they can pay off. theres been mention of getting the price of rental raised on orgs that try to "compete" with a weekday event. if you want details feel free to shoot me a PM.

whoever wants to ride bluegrass theres still a small hope. check out fasttrax.com or http://www.svracer.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22. yes its on weekdays but still.

DB_ZX10r

kaleido;44780 wrote: nesba doesnt have grattan because stt took them over too. in the past week now ive talked to people in the know from track owners to vendors and all in between. its NO secret stt is on a mission to take the whole market. thats not hyperbole either, thats from the horses mouth. i understand that you just want to ride but when one org starts taking over every track in a region thats either going to leave one org or drastically change the way trackdays are by forcing orgs to have exclusive rights to whatever tracks that are left and they can pay off. theres been mention of getting the price of rental raised on orgs that try to "compete" with a weekday event. if you want details feel free to shoot me a PM.

whoever wants to ride bluegrass theres still a small hope. check out fasttrax.com or http://www.svracer.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22. yes its on weekdays but still.

Take a look on STT's schedule and you'll see that the Fasttrax dates at Bluegrass are in conjunction with STT dates. They are working as partners.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
It's sad, really. I like to have choices. A few years back, STT bought out Reduc Sportbike Association (the club I used to ride with), and took their dates at Pocono, Summit, and BeaveRun. Prior to that, STT had no presence in the northeast. Too bad they do now. After doing some days with them, I'm glad I found NESBA!

Yeah, yeah, I've said all this before! :)

kaleido

DB_ZX10r;44820 wrote: Take a look on STT's schedule and you'll see that the Fasttrax dates at Bluegrass are in conjunction with STT dates. They are working as partners.
you have no idea how unbelievably wrong that statement is, ask them (FT) for yourself.

lemondrop

kaleido;44832 wrote: you have no idea how unbelievably wrong that statement is, ask them (FT) for yourself.
Sidebar: if something is "unbelievably wrong", then technically its correct. So, one would not think that it is possible to be wrong, therefore, they must be write. Being that perception is reality, then they are correct.:notsure:

DB_ZX10r

kaleido;44832 wrote: you have no idea how unbelievably wrong that statement is, ask them (FT) for yourself.

I stand corrected. I went back and looked and Fast Track is with Stt, not Fasttrax. Thanks for the correction. But it doesn't change the facts that NESBA is not on Bluegrasses schedule. Schedule is below, cut straight from their newsletter.

Rental Dates

April 11-12*
Sportbike Track Time

April 13*
1010ths Motorsports

April 24-26*
CIR PCA

May 2
1010ths Motorsports

May 10
One Hundred Speed

May 15-17
Cincy SCCA & Ferrari Club

May 18-19
SVR Racer

May 23-24
National Council Corvette Club, Troy

May 25
Sportbike Track Time

May 29
S2000 Club

May 30-31
Sportbike Track Time

June 5-7
NASA Midwest

June 11
FastTrax

June 19
1010ths Motorsports

June 20-21
Sportbike Track Time

June 26-28
Bluegrass BMW Race

July 6
1010ths Motorsports

July 10
One Hundred Speed

July 11-12
Sportbike Track Time

July 18-19
1010ths Motorsports

July 24-26
Buckeye BMW

July 31-Aug 2
Asphalt Ventures

August 8-9
1010ths Motorsports

August 15-16
Sportbike Track Time

August 24-25
SVR Racer

Aug 28-30
OVR PCA

September 1
National Corvette Caravan

September 7-8
Sportbike Track Time

September 11-13
SCCA WOR Games

September 14
1010ths Motorsports

September 19-20
Track Guys

October 3-4
Forgeline

October 8
1010ths Motorsports

October 10-11
Sportbike Track
Time

October 16-19
MOR PCA

October 24-25
Porsche Cars N.A.

October 26
1010ths Motorsports

Be sure to pick up the April/May issue of Cincy magazine and the Bluegrass Motorsports Park supplement.

Dear Motorsports Enthusiast,

Just think, the earliest you heard about this project was April, 2007 and by November, 2008 we finished grading the track and paving the base coat. While this is great progress in a short amount of time, this track still requires development in order to open the surface for performance driving this Spring. We all want this built as soon as possible, but we also want to get it right the first time.

Given the current economic climate, we continue to move forward with this project, and always with caution. I have and will continue to run a lean and efficient operation to mitigate risk. Please understand, that while we have overcome the start-up risk, we are still exposed to operational risk inherent in any business. It's important to address these expectations now, or otherwise disapointment occurs.

I present to you the 2009 Schedule for Bluegrass Motorsports Park. We are confident that this is a balanced calendar between spectator events, track rental, and for members of our Performance Driving Club.

Please do not hesitate to personally contact me regarding any questions you may have regarding Bluegrass. My phone and door are always open to you. I look forward to seeing you on the track!

Drive Safe,

Brad Poppell, President/CEO
Brad@DriveBluegrass.com
888.50.TRACK

rk97

those first three weekends (with the * next to them) are likely canceled. I can personally confirm that 4/11 and 4/12 is off.

And let's be real - STT isn't trying to monopolize every track. They refuse to ride at Nelson Ledges :p

This discussion will always come back to the fact that STT is a business and NESBA is a club. A business's first obligation is to be financially viable. A club doesn't have that restriction. A business, you patronize. a club, you belong to.

rk97

kaleido;44859 wrote: trust me guys theres alot of stuff you dont know.
so would you care to enlighten us, or would you rather continue to post cryptic responses restating our ignorance? :rolleyes:

lemondrop

forrest-gump-1.jpg