Tire Coupons?

fitz

DUNLOP-RTS;189465 wrote: The Q2 is not just a "Street" tire. It is also a good track tire.

Is it as good as the N-Tec slick? NO.

Is the Q2 still a very good tire for track day for a good portion of riders? YES!

Why are you looking a gift horse in the mouth? As Corporate Dunlop looks at this thread (as well as other tire companies) they will get the idea that there is some sort of "entitlement" that is felt by track days riders. Thus their interest in this type of program tends to dry up. I can't think you want to project this type of feeling.

Dunlop is trying to help out. I think that is a great step. The cost of a race tire is double that of a set of Q2, so the "Logic" that you are struggling to understand is that of economics. They can make 2x as many riders happy with a Q2 program.

If you can't use a set of Q2's personally, then maybe you can be creative and find a use for them that would benefit you without appearing critical of a free set.
You missed my point entirely.

Did I say that I wanted to debate the usefulness of Q2s. NO

Am I comparing Q2s with Ntecs. NO

Am I looking a gift horse in the mouth. NO I did state I was grateful.

Am I expecting to get Ntecs instead of Q2s. NO Just a small amount of credit toward something I can use. You have all the tires; it would have just been nice to not have to resell my reward.

Did I specifically try to get 15 track days to get the tires, YES, were they promised to those that did, YES, keeping with that promise are we entitled to them? If you say that we are not then it's your call, they are YOUR tires after all.

Again thank you for last years program, from now on I will just keep my mouth shut so I don't appear like I'm being ungrateful or "entitled".

fitz

DUNLOP-RTS

fitz;189474 wrote:
Did I specifically try to get 15 track days to get the tires, YES, were they promised to those that did, YES, keeping with that promise are we entitled to them? If you say that we are not then it's your call, they are YOUR tires after all.

Again thank you for last years program, from now on I will just keep my mouth shut so I don't appear like I'm being ungrateful or "entitled".

fitz
If you were promised something, then you should get what you are promised. I don't think anyone is trying to take away something you were promised in 2010.

I am not the one that is offering this deal, Dunlop is.

Companies change their promotions, year to year. They are allowed to, its their promotion.

I did not miss the point of your post. I just had to speak up because it is very hard to get ANY company to come up with free promotions. When people complain about them, those promotions go away. I don't think you or anyone would like promotions to go away (however big or small). So lets keep it upbeat.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Steve, people appreciate the tire offer from Dunlop. What appears to be "griping" is because it apparently changed in 2010 and we're just finding out now. In the past, as I stated, the offer was good for a set of Qualifiers OR a coupon worth $250 towards another set of Dunlops. That was the deal in '09, and folks just expected it would be the same in '10. Of course Dunlop has a right to change the rules of their promotion. It just wasn't clear until today, and it was an unexpected change from the '09 deal from Dunlop, that's all. We appreciate the support all the vendors provide to nesba.

Mr.DJ

The credit was something NESBA did above and beyond the tire program. The original program from manual:

Free Tire Program
Members who do 15 or more NESBA events in one season will
receive a certificate for a free set of select sponsor tires prior to
the start of the next of the season

I think the fault here is not making it PERFECTLY clear last year when NESBA took on funding it when the option was presented. Yes, the program "changed" back to it's original state. Our fault, for not informing you sooner, it's not like NESBA delayed this info. I posted soon as NESBA was informed. . As Bru mentioned, programs can change quickly, especially when there are limited marketing dollars in place and every company are looking at ways to decrease SG&A / Marketing costs.

I'm glad those that stepped up did, else a letter would have went out stating "no tires for 2011."

However, I am also disappointed that NESBA and Dunlop can not offer you the option, but I am glad to say we have something that can be used vs. nothing at all.

FYI.... Those that comment on being disappointed, I don't take that as "bitching", not everything here is perfect and we should be able to express ways to improve. I'm not looking for bunch of members wearing black sneakers and drinking out of a community punch bowl (some too young to get that). I welcome your opinions and disapproval. I use them as ammo when I need them. :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks for the clarification, D.J. I'd not looked up the program stipulations in the manual in quite awhile. I'd no idea that it was nesba who stepped up and provided more on top of the nice Dunlop deal. That explains why it's absent this year, as nesba has had to make changes to keep afloat. I, for one, support the changes, as I'd rather have nesba around to ride with. I guess we got used to the old deal, I'm pretty sure back when it was Pirelli it was for DCIIIs, but with the option of a coupon then, too.

Definitely were nice perks, and I think we still have many still.

Oh, I don't like grape kool-aid.... to go back even a bit farther.....

j_fuggin_t

Nice to know and thanks you can delete my thread on this a I didn't see this. Q2's are capable of some pretty decent pace, in fact I've seen 16's out of them at putnam, ill glladly take a set and if I can't use them I will help out someone who can. Thanks again

fitz

Just got the e-mail for my free Ntec slicks!! YES!

J/k I did get an e-mail though for my new Q2s, thanks NESBA and Dunlop! :)

I hope this program will get offered again in the future.

fitz

Mr.DJ

We removed the need for a coupon. It seemed like an unnecessary step given the number of folks receiving them. Moreover, it delayed members in getting tires.

For the MW and SE, if not shipped to them directly, on 5/24, they will be sent to the region POC. Based on that, they will make Road America for you to pick up. The POC is in the letter.

For the MA, Collin (Vending) will have your tires if not shipped. Please let him know which event (parts@nesba.com)

j_fuggin_t

Mr.DJ;190226 wrote: We removed the need for a coupon. It seemed like an unnecessary step given the number of folks receiving them. Moreover, it delayed members in getting tires.

For the MW and SE, if not shipped to them directly, on 5/24, they will be sent to the region POC. Based on that, they will make Road America for you to pick up. The POC is in the letter.

For the MA, Collin (Vending) will have your tires if not shipped. Please let him know which event (parts@nesba.com)
sweeet ;)

Mr.DJ

nevermind... I found you in the history.... I stopped counting your events at 18 :)

I will take care of this

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Got the email, thanks!! Says it went out this morning at 11-ish, but it just showed up now. Thanks again!!!

Mmmmmm......new tires.......

Mr.DJ

Cool! Not sure either. Bob and I IM'd on this 20 mins ago - said he would double check and send to you asap.