Recent content by treker8098

1. T

Riding shorts

I have not ridden on the track much during the last year and perhaps something new is out there. I purchased my Bohn's after a control rider experienced a severe high side. He tore up is shoulder and thought he broke his hip. Doctor told him he would have had he not been wearing the the...
  2. T

VIR Thoughts

I had a great time with NESBA this weekend and appreciate all who put the effort in to help make the event a safe and enjoyable one! I over heard one control rider talking to another control rider stating there were too many bikes on the track at once (siting poor judgement of NEBA), he could...
  3. T

WTS: Knox Chest Protector - $30 + shipping

Chest Protector I am interested. Send some details for payment. I may be going to VIR June 2,3 Hugh
  4. T

FS - 1998 GSXR-600 Track Bike $2900 (OBO)

I ride one of these. They are great bikes. Infact, I recently let an older CR ride mine for a session; now he wants to ride it more. They are very predictible and hold like they are on rails.
  5. T

Not good weekend

Per my other post, I also had a great day Saturday. As far as the demo riders go, I approached the groups numerous times and had to slow for the opprtunity to safely pass. For me this was not a big deal as I was not trying to set the lap record every lap; I just wanted to have fun. There were...
  6. T

Good Sat. at Road Atl

I had a great time at Road Atlanta Saturday. I am an old guy on an old school bike trying to ring the guts out of it on a high horsepower track. I did back off at times due to moisture on the visor blinding me; even though it had chemicals. I was so happy to be on the track and never felt the...
  7. T

FS Barber, Sun, Group B

Day sold to Kawaholic.
  8. T

FS Barber, Sun, Group B

For sale: Group B, Sunday
  9. T

Q2 Tire Pressure

I am running Q2's for the first time and want to have a safe, fun time this weekend. With that in mind I was curious about recommended tire pressures for the Q2's. I had never seen any information definitivley listing starting pressures so I did some research. Virginia Gallant of Dunlop...
  10. T

noob tire question.....please help!!

I have run the Pures for a while now. The recommended is 32F, 30R. I was told by the dealer, Frank Kinsey, to set them cold and run then for the day. At the end of my last set, I started rechecking them after lunch, before the next session and resetting them to cold pressures. I now have a set...
  11. T

RA Security

My wife and I will be staying overnight at the track as many also will. We try to park near the CR's. We will be arriving Saturday afternoon and will have a silver Dodge Caravan with Tan canopy. I do not need any tools or another bike so your stuff will be safe near us. I am hearing goblins may...
  12. T

Trailer ride - NJ to Barber in November

What about having a bike shipped with a good carrier?
  13. T

GP Riding Style

I am an old guy here wondering about the riding style on the GP circuit. Some guys hang an inside leg way out there under braking and then put it back on the peg for the apex. Weight distriution, braking stabiliztion? I am sure I will not be trying this anytime soon. Hugh
  14. T

When is a track bike too old?

I am a little older than most, in the B group, and am having fun on a 1998 GSXR 600. I am told I should be able to reach the 1:50's at Barber. The bike still turns heads.