Search results

1. thesnowgod

Where to mount chocks - 6x12 single axle trailer

Hoping someone here can help. I know too far back is just as bad (or worse) than too far forward. Bought a 6x12 V nose style single axle trailer and plan to mount two wheel chocks in it. (Pitbull or similiar aren't feasible right now). How far from the front of the trailer should I mount the...
  2. thesnowgod

Ever buy the same helmet twice?

Meaning, have you been impressed with the protection of a specific helmet after a crash that you bought another one just like it? I lowsided in September wearing a Scorpion EXO. Ended up with a nasty concussion but also ended up with a pretty good cut in my forehead from that plastic piece...
  3. thesnowgod

Chest protection.....

Had a lowside Saturday at NYST. Lost the front going into T14. Broke three ribs in the back and four in front. I have a A* back protector but thinking now I need something more. What do you run?
  4. thesnowgod

What fuel do ya run?

Specifically, those of you with mostly stock and track only bikes. Did a carb rebuild on my YZF 600 and was quite surprised at the way the ethanol fuels break down and how fast. This gas looked and smelled quite skunky. I would equate it to fuel that had been sitting for years, not months...
  5. thesnowgod

Yet another newbie post from 7/6 at NYST

Just now getting a chance to post. Have to tell everyone how awesome the day was for me. I came with a LOT of excitement (yeah, we all do) but I was super nervous. "What if I can't hold my line and I take someone out who's trying to pass me?" "What if I'm a rolling roadblock out there??"...
  6. thesnowgod

98 YZF600R $1400 or BO

I bought this bike with the intention of turning it into a trackbike. In the meantime I bought another bike all ready for track duty plus I own a streetbike. Since I don't need TWO bikes for the track and a third for the road, this one has gotta go. Its a 1998 YZF600R (not the R6). Approx...
  7. thesnowgod

Ashwingop's belongings for sale

I'm sorry if this isn't in an acceptable place but I thought most members in the Mid West would remember Ash and would be interested in some of his items. As some of you may recall, Ashwin passed away after an accident at the Tail of the Dragon area this past summer. You can read here...
  8. thesnowgod

We lost a brother and friend today

So sorry to post this but I don't know what else to do today. I really don't. We lost Ashwin today on Route 28 near the Gap Store (Tail of the Dragon area). Our website meets there once a year for a group ride and to hang out. Im not there this year and details are sketchy at this point. He...
  9. thesnowgod

Wondering about the CRs

I looked around but I couldn't find info on the CRs. I was just kinda wondering about them. Who are they? How did they become a CR? Are they prior racers or aspiring to be racers? Is this something you do for fun or do you get paid? (that could be personal, if so, sorry and ignore it) How...
  10. thesnowgod

Why choose NESBA?

Don't take this as me being a smart@ss. :D I'm not. I've been reading through all the track day organizations and I see there are about 10 or 11 that do track days here in the North East. I'm specifically looking at Pocono because it's so close to me. I'm wondering if there is something...
  11. thesnowgod

2 piece leathers full circumference zipper?

Hey guys. I've been working towards my first trackday. I just downloaded and read through the manual and I saw the item about the full circumference zipper. My Teknic leather jacket zips to my Teknic pants in the back but there is not full zipper all the way around. ?? I wear full gear all...