Search results

1. C

New Guy- wondering about bike classes.

Yes, you can run the same bike in both classes as long as you don't run Superbike mods in superstock. To tell you the truth, most people run a superstock bike in Superbike. There are very few people I know that run a full blown Superbike. Just because it limits your classes. As a novice you...
  2. C

Lets talk braking

You need to look thru the corner and not right infront of you. Looking thru the corner will slow things down visually. As everyone else has said, you need markers on the track as well, but most beginners I find tend to look right infront of them instead of thru the corner.
  3. C

Decision to make, I like my GSXR 750 but . . .

Not sure if this helps, but I saw it on the WERA board. http://cycle-ergo.com/
  4. C

Entry, Apex, Exit: Orange Cones Mean Something?

My vote would be the SV!!
  5. C

Gearing/ Road Atlanta GSXR 750 ?

Some people use 1st thru turn 7&12 if your on a 1000. 1st wouldn't really work on a 750 or 600 there.
  6. C

Feedback/Opinions on race bodywork...

If cost is not an issue, IMO sharkskinz are the best. They crash really well, and they mount up spot on.
  7. C

WERA Road A 6 Hr Endurance Team - All NESBA

Good luck you guys!!!:cool:
  8. C

WERA @ Road Atlanta

http://maps.wera.com/pdfs/2008Schedules/cyclejam2012b.pdf
  9. C

team shirt question?

www.t-shirtspecialty.com John Hart is the owner. I use to race with John. This is a family owned business by some of the best, nicest people on the planet. John and his whole family would come out to the track. His son raced as well. I know they did the team shirts for KWS and Safety First...
  10. C

Rumored death at Atlanta

:(RIP. hate to hear this happened. prayers to family. :(
  11. C

Fs 2011 bwm s1000rr cheap!!!

Hey Luie, I have someone that wants this bike!!!!!
  12. C

WERA Nationals at Barber

I'll be there. Running 750 (B) Superbike and Wera (A) Superbike.
  13. C

Stuck GSXR Caliper Pins

I know you said you didn't want to buy stock ones, but if you buy the 2003/2004 600/750 year type, they come with a hole on the end. you can then safety wire it or use R clips. I use the R clips on mine. I got mine from www.ronayers.com
  14. C

Congrats Luie Z

Hey congrats on the Roadracing World article. :congrats: Luie is featured in the club racer profile section of the June RRW. Page 90. :cool:
  15. C

Wera 2012

Ok, the reason I suggested that if you've already taken a race school to just do the WERA school, is because I think the money you save by not repeating a school you could put toward the race budget.(tires, gas, race entry, suspension upgrades, etc..) The WERA school has very little...
  16. C

Wera 2012

This is just my 2 cents. My vote would be, if you haven't taken a race school before, I would suggest a race school this year and then start racing next year. You'll get alot more out of a race school than if you just do the WERA school. If you do the Ed Bargy school it will count as a PN...
  17. C

Any advice for first race weekend?

I would suggest going ahead and fill out the tech form before you get to the track. You can print it off the Wera main page under the forms section. Also remember, when you go thru tech you'll need your lower off the bike and don't forget to bring with you the tech form and your race entry...
  18. C

life insurance / track days ??????

You can contact Brandon Parrish. He's on the Wera board, a racer that has an insurance company. His web site http://ridersurance.com/ He can help you out.
  19. C

Braking zone technique

I don't use downshift markers, but I have brake markers that I use. I do have upshift marks on the corner exit tho. Upshift markers just lets me know how I'm rolling thru that corner. Ex turn 9 at Roebling If I hit my shift marks on the exit, I know about how fast I'm going. If I hit them...
  20. C

And Still According to RRW

Good job Dave!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!! I look forward to racing/riding with you in the B superbike races.:cool: