Search results

1. Lombardo Joe

Electric track days may be closer than you think.

Note: By 'they unveiled' I mean the company brought it around and showed it off.. I believe it was on its way to a nearby all-electric race.
  2. Lombardo Joe

Electric track days may be closer than you think.

Apparently we're in the dawning of the age of electric superbikes. I don't know how many of you have been/are folling Brandon Cretu and the Isle of Man TT this year, but they unveiled an electric bike that has significant power over previous bikes made...
  3. Lombardo Joe

RollCall NJMP T-Bolt 6/14/10

Yeah, I'm definitely out... I'm shooting for 7-19.
  4. Lombardo Joe

New Guy from Tx

Welcome! I don't know how they do things at Carolina... But I strongly suggest you sign up for Beginner. Up here we have people who are at 10+ TDs and still hang out in B. I've never heard of RideSmart, but I'd stick with Beginner just to learn the NESBA ropes. I'm sure most rules are similar...
  5. Lombardo Joe

Is anyone running a full M4 on a GSXR?

Oh hellls yeah. The fuel/air ratio would be horribly off with that much flow coming off the head. It would most definitely need to be re-programmed. Power Commander does the trick.
  6. Lombardo Joe

Is anyone running a full M4 on a GSXR?

Well, if you're trying to run the same one I was looking at, it's roughly $1,333 new. That's the short black silencer on a full titanium system for a GSX-R 600. http://www.m4exhaust.com/products/flash/M4_Exhaust.html
  7. Lombardo Joe

RollCall NJMP T-Bolt 6/14/10

I'm actually trying to do the math right now... I can BARELY afford to go, and if I go, I leave myself no money whatsoever...
  8. Lombardo Joe

NJMP-May 24

Damn... I mean, I knew we was packed, but not THAT packed. He's right. Thanks to the CRs... Volunteering their lives and skill for squids! :congrats:
  9. Lombardo Joe

LOL...too funny. spoofed Harley commercial

I know we shit on Harley as much as we can, but I'd like to add that this too, has happened to me. I was riding down Church road about to turn right on to Eayrestown. It's a beautiful spot out in the fields of Southampton, my humble farm town. This particular turn is a tricky one, as it is at...
  10. Lombardo Joe

2000 Yamaha R6 trackbike $2700

Sweet Jesus. If I wasn't ass broke, I would be all over this. Nice bike!
  11. Lombardo Joe

nO0b!

I dunno. Monday at NJMP Thunderbolt we had a bit of rain (my fault of course for discussing it the the night prior). There was about 1 full group rotation before the track was dry again. Felt fine out there afterwards. I guess it can get rid of any dust or pollen that may be on the track.
  12. Lombardo Joe

RS Taichi WRX Gloves - Large

What size? I'm not sure if Kevin picked his gloves up yet, I'd like to show him.
  13. Lombardo Joe

Al Wilcox in the Washington Post

Damn! I need to get a day out at Summit to see that! That's impressive. I hope I'm as sharp as he is at 91. So... I've still yet to understand what a 'New Jersey' accent is. North and South are two different states, if you ask me. Not to take away from Al... I just want to know.
  14. Lombardo Joe

nO0b!

Yeah, but the good thing about pop-up storms is that they usually last 5-10 minutes, and when it's that hot out, sometimes it only takes another 20 for the track to dry.
  15. Lombardo Joe

My almost-not first trackday

Actually... That looks identical to the one I saw at NJMP. I like it. The pricetag? That's a bummer. I'm 21, and I'm not done with nursing school yet... It might be a while before I can drop that kind of dough. Thanks for the suggetion, though :D
  16. Lombardo Joe

Timberlands allowed?

He looked pretty good bringing the bike back... Were there any problems after?
  17. Lombardo Joe

new to this game

If you have a 2 piece zip-job, I like to put the pants on, put the jacket on (unzipped) and then zip the jacked to the pants. If you bend in the direction that the zipper is at, it goes on very easily. Like jfeagin said, ride with it if you can. I like to take a nice day off and go for a long...
  18. Lombardo Joe

Nothing's more embarrasing than buying a few hundred dollars worth of farings and parts because you dropped your bike from 3 feet at a 45º angle. I'll look into it. I actually saw a dude parked caddy-corner to me at NJMP on Monday with what looked like a gutter on wheels. Just pulled the bike...
  19. Lombardo Joe

Timberlands allowed?

Ahh... Was that the sick R1? I saw him come back with that. After the first dump, I felt bad, but that second one was a heart breaker.
  20. Lombardo Joe

The truck wasn't mine. I got it AT work that night... The guy I borrowed it from is a pharmacist friend of my dad (also a pharmacist). I drove my dad's Touareg to work and swapped it with the Ram. He works nights and got to the hospital at 10pm.