9/4 B Group Morning Session - CR Jim

MikeyR6

Hey all. Please keep CR Jim (stkr) in your thoughts and prayers. He went down Sunday morning and sustained some nasty injuries. After my dad was discharged, we went and visited Jim at the same hospital. He said I could share the details of his injuries with the forum.

Jim sustained injuries including four broken ribs and a ruptured spleen during his fall. He underwent surgery yesterday to have his spleen removed. He was in pretty severe pain last night, but they now have him on a machine to automatically administer pain medication which is causing him to have blurred vision. He's pretty roughed up, but seemed to be in good spirits, considering the circumstances.

His wife, Donna, was in the recovery room with him when we visited. Not only was Jim concerned with the condition of his bike, but he said he was trying to get his wife to post up a compromising hospital room photo that she had taken earlier. At the time of our visit, she was still refusing his request.

It sounds like Jim with be in the hospital for a few more days, with many weeks of recovery ahead.
Speedy recovery, Jim. We're all pulling for you! Please post an update when you are feeling up to it!

cooker1

Im glad your dad ok I heard he took a nasty tumble ! I think there was some bad juju in that pavillion this weekend ! Glad to hear Jim is going to be ok and his bike didn't look to bad .

jigs

Thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery Jimmy....you're a tough kid,hang in and hope you're not in too much pain bro...

stkr

Jim Herr. I've got pain meds. Cant focus on keyboard. Mom is here though. Shell fill you in.

This is Jim's Mom. Just to say thanks to all of you for all the concern and care and visits. Gonna take him awhile but he'll make it. As soon as his eyes get to focusing he'll get on here. To the guy I was following, you did a great job keeping your line. Glad I did not hit you. Thanks Greg, Fred, everyone else that stopped by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ERB68

Glad to here you'll be good with some time to recover.

Best wishes for a fast recovery.

stkr

Here's what I looked like last night. I still cant focus visually so my typing is sort of memory of the keyboard.

Four broken ribs hurt bad enough but then the eight inch incision makes it suck even more.

ERB68

stkr;212079 wrote: Here's what I looked like last night. I still cant focus visually so my typing is sort of memory of the keyboard.

Four broken ribs hurt bad enough but then the eight inch incision makes it suck even more.

WOW, you type better from memory that I do when looking :wow:

iamnotgreg

stkr;212079 wrote: Here's what I looked like last night. I still cant focus visually so my typing is sort of memory of the keyboard.

Those don't look so bad I heard you were hurt :notsure:

For real man heal up - at least you did it at the end of the season so you can heal up and we can go for a spin in the spring.

Glad to hear it sounds like you'll pretty much be ok and get some pretty bitchen battle scars to boot.

gkotlin

Next time we come to visit, maybe you could try to not fall asleep every 5 minutes :)
Take care, call if you need anything.