9/4 B Group Morning Session - CR Jim

stkr

UPDATE: :(

I went to the doctor yesterday about the abdominal pain, and the new slight bulge that's formed since my slip on the ice. As I feared, when I slipped and caught myself, something near the incision tore. Now, I have a small abdominal hernia, and I have to go see a surgeon on the March 30th to see about getting it fixed before it gets worse.

I'm so pissed off and bummed out by this. The track bike was starting to come back together, my leathers are getting fixed, and just bought a new Arai helmet. Now, my year is pretty much shot to shit. Maybe I'll be able to go out for one or two before the year is over.

I can always just come out to the track, talk shit, and drink. :cheers:

stkr

Not yet Dave, but I'm guessing with a torn abdominal wall, it wouldn't be good to risk going down and have my abdomen open up. Tom wouldn't want that mess on his track. ;)

Basically, I'm limited on bending, twisting, and heavy lifting. Track riding is all about core strength, and I can't tighten up enough without putting pressure on the hernia. When I try to simulate hanging off, or tightening my core, the bulge gets more pronounced. That's what scared me enough to go back to the doctor and get the answer I didn't want to hear.

cooker1

Well get it fixed and wrap it up tight with an ace bandage you will be back soon enough ! Good Luck

stkr

I saw the surgeon today. They can do the repair laparoscopically, but internally, it will be a repeat of what I had before. Depending on how things look inside, it may end up becoming an open surgery instead.

I'll have to be off work for another 3-4 weeks, then 2-3 months of more healing.

My track season is shot for this year, but at least me and the bike should be ready to go next year. Maybe even LATE this season.

Y'all have fun out there, and be safe. Crashing SUCKS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stkr

I'm going in for my surgery in the morning fix the original incision I pulled back open in March. Maybe they'll put a Kevlar mesh in there so I can be bullet-proof. LOL

Here's to round two of the healing process. :cheers: maybe I'll still be able to do a trackday or two before the season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stkr

I'm FINALLY back!!!

Well, one year ago, I was barely coherent laying in a hospital bed at Rockford Memorial Hospital being visited by my NESBA friends on their way home from the Labor Day weekend at Blackhawk Farms. I "vaguely" remember who came by, but reading back through this helps. ;)

Fast forward through two surgeries, and a lot of healing bullshit, and I finally got medically cleared on Monday, Aug 27th, 2012. I even asked specifically about coming back to the track 5 days later - LOL!

Well, I went back to Blackhawk Farms and rode on Sunday and Monday. Hurricane/Tropical Storm Issac ruined my riding plans for Saturday.

Sunday:
First session out, I made sure I was the first bike, and had some nice open track to just get my mind back into the game. I was surprised at how good it felt, and how relaxing it was. I was a little rusty, but not too bad. I even warned the A-group that it was my first day back after a year. During the second session of the day, I managed to get within 1.5 seconds of my previous best lap time of 1:17.01. That gave me a feeling of relief knowig I wasn't too far off. The rest of the day was just a blast riding with some old NESBA friends, and the new ones I had met.

The last session of the day wound up being quite a few NESBA CR's playing the passing game during the first few laps. Getting passed by Gransow coming into T-7, then motoring by him on the exit with a nice "salute", then Blume blows by me on the left coming into the T-1 braking zone, followed shortly by Kevin (other CR) passing me on the right at about the 3 marker. HOLY SHIT THAT WAS FUN!!! Now, I know why I love this so much. :cool:

Monday:
I started out the day, picking up where I had left off the day before. Just trying to be smooth and getting my lines down again. During the session, I felt the rear sliding around a bit in the carousel, and it confirmed my fears that the rear tire was too far gone. This was a brand new tire when I crashed last year. Did one more session on it, then got a new one during lunch.

With the new rear tire on, I went out and the bike felt planted again. Once it got scrubbed, the pace was back to normal again, and having fun with the A-group. When I came back in from the second session after lunch, I reviewed my lap timer and found that I had set a new personal best for myself with a 1:16.79. Wooo Hoooo!!!

The last session of the day/event was uneventful. No objectives, just relax and ride. I came in a couple of laps early due to being tired and just overwhelmed that I was finally back on the track doing what I love. I'm now sitting here, sore as hell, but the pain reminds me of all the fun we had out there. It's good to be back. Can't wait for Barber in November ;)

Thanks to everyone that's given me support through all of this.
:cheers: