Dogs

psustang89

Anyone take their dogs to the track, or is this frowned upon? Specifically, Beaver run. Just thinking ahead if I'm going to need a dog sitter...

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
I do not have a dog, but there are many members who bring their dogs to the track. Overall I have never had any problems with other people's animals, but if your dog is abrasive to other people and/or barks a lot, you may want to keep it at home. If not, then go ahead and bring him along.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
BeaveRun is one of the tracks that is dog-friendly. I've brought my dog there many times, just not when it's really hot out.

dpullen

We bring ours, if allowed by the track. Just make sure you keep them on leash at all times, and pick up after them. Almost everyone loves some good puppy time, even at the track.

slowpoke

i bring the dog when the GF comes along otherwise i don't like leaving him tied up all day especially in the heat. i also worry about having the dog there by myself if i have a bad crash so i won't bring him if it's just me.

Folly1

Dave,

I think DJ announced a NO DOG policy at the rider's meeting at Barber on Sunday. I might have heard wrong. I understood him to say that this covered all of the SE Nesba events.

Ben.

psustang89

Thanks everyone. I would definitely only take him if someone would be there all day to watch him while I ride. He can keep the gf company ;)

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
have seen dogs at VIR..have had 1 great dane, 1 boston terrier and 1 mut at summit...beaver is acceptable...

and i thought i saw one at RA

dpullen

Hmm...that's news to me. Latest word in the SE Tracks FAQ is that dogs are allowed everywhere, including Barber. We had our 4 pups at Barber last weekend, and saw at least one other dog in the paddock as well.

DJ?

Mr.DJ

Rider's Meeting

It's true.

To me, my dogs are family members. It truly sucks to make this change for 2010. I do more events than most :) and this does becomes another "hassle" compounded by that fact I also travel for work.

Unfortunately, some of the restrictions tracks placed on where dogs are allowed and lack of owner/parent awareness forced us to establish a policy that is not open to interpretation or lapse in judgment.

NO PETS!

I will update the FAQ for 2010. But effective Jan 1, 2010, pets WILL NOT be allowed at any SE NESBA Event. Yes, my wife is joining you all at being pissed at me. To tell you the truth, I'm pissed at me !!

litespeed

Yep! That sucks!! I'm sorry that you have been put in the position where you had to make this decision DJ!!

Lynda

Mr. Blindrider

I never bring my dogs to the track for the simple reason I have no time to deal with them but this does suck for others. I have heard the issues Barber has had with dog owners in the past at our events and can understand the reasoning behind this at Barber but did not know we had problems at other tracks.

Dave, looks like track days just got more expensive for you buddy.:D

HighWay

Mr.DJ;94193 wrote:

I will update the FAQ for 2010. But effective Jan 1, 2010, pets WILL NOT be allowed at any SE NESBA Event

It seems to me it is just the SE events?

YMMV

Mr.DJ

As stated, "pets WILL NOT be allowed at any SE NESBA Event." I do not speak for all regions. Our tracks seem to have particular restrictions on locality and time frame that make compliance more difficult than other regions.

Yes Ken, I have been "chewed out" by more tracks than just Barber! Actually, more tracks than not.

Burnall4

I take it this does not include "helper dogs" it was not with a NESBA event but another organization I saw a person with someone who was actually riding, who had a helper dog with the vest on and everything.

And yes there is a distinction between Pet and aid but most people with aid animals consider them pets....just a thought, might want to add the clause in...

Mr.DJ

Burnall4;94215 wrote: I take it this does not include "helper dogs" it was not with a NESBA event but another organization I saw a person with someone who was actually riding, who had a helper dog with the vest on and everything.

And yes there is a distinction between Pet and aid but most people with aid animals consider them pets....just a thought, might want to add the clause in...
No - This doesn't apply to Service Dogs. (or Monkeys :) )