Dragging Feet in GP

pearsonm

chaun;52264 wrote:
OK... so someone please explain to me how G-Force throws his leg out so far and also why his right leg would come out since this is clearly related to GP shifting.
I can't, but I also don't subscribe to the G-Force theory. I believe it has to do with lowering and maybe even leveraging center of gravity.

They're not taking their feet off and quickly repositioning them in order to shift. It's more like when you're walking a railroad track and have to stop and stick your foot out to keep from falling off. Or, what supermoto guys do.

chaun

The announcers were discussing it during the Jerez race. They said they asked Rossi about it and he said he didn't really know why. They then went on to say that he said it seems to help get the bike turned in under heavy breaking. Hence, he does it on both sides...

The other thing I've noticed is when he does it on left turns he gets his downshifting done first. Then he'll pop the leg out if he's coming in hot.

avizpls

#11-A
lemondrop;52283 wrote: to scrub off some speed....saw him literally drag that shite on the ground today
yea, and by the looks of it I'm sure the cartilidge in is knee got a little scrubbing too!