MW Schedule

jcwalter

According to their website schedule it looks like only the short or "competition course" is being ran for their trackdays.

First off "HOLY SHIT!!!! WTF!!!!" Bob this is the biggest mistake I think you have ever made with this org and it will come back to bite you.... mark my words!

Second... Greg very well said. I rode with the Midwest group for what 3 or 4 seasons. I got to know all the CR's very well and am proud to call each and everyone of them my friends and family. If you have never been a control rider you have NO idea what each and everyone of them put's into a weekend for the benifit of everyone else. It is probably one of the most selfless group of people I have ever met. To give up almost every weekend in the summer to insure everyone else could ride under controled and safe conditions. I did have the opportunity to do some control riding for BHF'S when they first started their trackdays, but always wanted to achieve my goal of someday control riding with Fred and the rest of the top notch CR's in the MIdwest. If you thought you were dead tired after riding 7 or 8 sessions in a day, try riding 14-16 and in some cases more if you chose to ride A. Thats what these men and women did each and every weekend for all of us... not personal gain because as Greg stated sure they got track time but they also used up 2-3 times the fuel each of us did along with 2-3 times the tires. It is a huge amout of their own money they all invested into our enjoyment to insure it was safe for all of us. Now I was fortunate enough to be allowed to run the videoing for the Midwest region for a very short time before my mishap. But the day of my misfortune my wife told me how overwhelmed she was by the response of the CR's right after... the got back to the trailer after seeing me off to the hospital and every orange shirt was at my trailer packing it up for her and having it ready for her to go by the time she got back there. That is a close family, again taking time out of their day to help a fallen member. Someone said they have never seen so many orange shirts in one place at one time, and thought they were giving beer away. Shortly after my incident I told Fred that I wouold like to do something to insure that this dosent happen to someone else and that I woould like to start with the track we ride the most and that has the most dangerous portions of track.... BHF. So we started the chilli cookoff fundraiser, and it was a huge success! I was really proud to be part of that and proud to see everyone keep it going.
Between the Bonfires, fireworks, and Saturdaynight cookouts each weekend, they were some the best times me and my wife have ever had spending with family and friends. We have been away from the group for about 4 years now and I was looking to getting back hopefully this year but it dosent look like that will be happening anytime soon now. My wife and I have made some great friends over our stint here and really do miss everyone and truely do consider each and everyone of them family and always will.
To end my long rant, they have taken away our region, but they can never take away the bonds we have all made with each other, or the friendships that we have formed. we must cherrish each and every memory we have and find different options for getting together with those we have become close with. They can never take that away from us!!!........ once your family your family for life.

Thank you to all of you I have met and come to call my family!! Thank you for all the memories!!! This chapter of our lives has come to an end now let the brainstorming begin on how we all get together again....... possiably a Midwest Reunion at the R/A races each year?? Just sayin!

Thank you all!!

Zippy

Miss you buddy! Yeah, it is very sad and pretty bad that we got disbanded without a say. The CR's have always been great and I always remember all they've done for us. And you too! I remember those ribs you made us!

Hope to see you out there somewhere.

Linsay

jigs

Hey Mikey...Zippy...hope all is well...yup,pretty sad.....I cut my teeth with NESBA,,,first 4 years of track days was exclusivley with NESBA....wouldn't trade it.....CR's taught me alot too...loved the hard core aspect,loved the bump system,learned a hell of alot in "I" group with the no inside passing rule....made alot of friends...the day I got my "A" sticker was a very,very peoud day for me,as it was for all of us.....yes it's a hard pill to swallow...but rather than focus on the negative...politics,financial B.S. let's all remember the good times,hard work,reaching goals,partying,connecting and so forth....those of us still around will be riding together at CCS and or other orgs,will be able to look at eachother with that old school NESBA pride,badge of honor and the Esprit de Corps that nobody can EVER take away from us.....see ya'll down the road!!

JeffM

Sad that Nesba MW won't be around any longer. Great organization. I rode with other trackday orgs when I had to and there is no comparison to Nesba. The CRs make the difference. Thanks Fred and all the CRs...Kim, Nolan, Steve, Randy, Matt and all the others!

paintedblue

Not to stir the pot...well maybe, but this is a non-for-profit organization and therefore has to publicly release all of their tax docs including salaries of the higher ups. Just sayin...

Germany

paintedblue;229525 wrote: Not to stir the pot...well maybe, but this is a non-for-profit organization and therefore has to publicly release all of their tax docs including salaries of the higher ups. Just sayin...
I was looking for that stuff too, LOL

paintedblue;229525 wrote: Not to stir the pot...well maybe, but this is a non-for-profit organization and therefore has to publicly release all of their tax docs including salaries of the higher ups. Just sayin...
prepare for the flaming. :wow:

Nesba

We sure do but you can just ask :) In fact i think someone brought this up about 4 years and put the information on the website....so please if you want post it again.

ajohn505

I was hoping on getting my "A" bump this year. Now I get to ride with a bunch of "self-rated" A riders in STT and Motovid.

Someone in mgmt definitely dropped the ball on this.

geekmug

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

Well, this is a terribly sad turn of events, but one I must say I am not terribly surprised to see materialize.

Let me extend a personal thank you to Fred Duncan, Brian Wink, Ron Hix, Chris Frye, Erik Rodriguez, Steve Palella, Garth Cloyd, Marshall Skloss, Joe Denowh, Tom Tiernan, Jon Gu, Nichole Settles, Kim & Nolan Tacca, Tom Tracy, Brian Blume, Dustin Boyd, Chad Trank, and Jeff Selbert. A special thank you also needs to go out to Matt Granzow for giving me, and so many others, visual proof of our on-track experiences with his dedicated and selfless photography work.

The leadership that these people all brought to every weekend spilled over to the membership and created a unique atmosphere at the track. I've ridden with several other organizations, but none ever matched the class, organization and friendly feel of the Midwest NESBA Group.

When I started riding with NESBA, these folks welcomed me into a family bound together by a love of high performance riding and a selfless desire to genuinely help others become faster and safer riders. The amount of information I was able to gain from these wonderful people made a drastic difference in my riding. I was like a sponge, eager to soak up all the information that they were willing to share.

I probably spent the most time bugging Ron and Brian and they were always so willing to spend the extra time with me to help me understand the little things that helped me advance to the :a: Group. Ron's patience with me as he taught me the finer points of trail braking, Brian's assistance in getting me through the funk after my first crash, and the ability the control riders all possessed to lead me gently into and through the next level of discomfort and uncertainty as they would drag me along at a faster and faster pace will forever be etched into my memory.

The times I spent on-track with NESBA have been some of the very best times of my life. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to learn from some great riders and even more blessed to call those people my friends.

Earning my way into the Shark Tank that is the :a: Group is, and will always be, one of the proudest moments of my life.

While my current enrollment in a doctoral program has significantly reduced my free time and expendable income, I was hoping to get out to a few midwest event this year to ride with the NESBA family. I guess now I will have to look for you at other track day provider's events.

The care and time all CR's put into making our events run smoothly and safely is lost on many, but I truly appreciate all that you did to make my time at the track so memorable.

While the finances of this organization are largely unknown to the general membership, and perhaps they could become public since the organization is non-profit, it appears that the longstanding dedication of volunteers in the midwest hold little to no value to those who are ultimately in charge as evidenced by the fact that the people who actually make this organization run are learning of these decisions through a public forum. One would think that these people, if valued for their service to the organization, would receive personal communication regarding these decisions.

Best wishes to the control riders, directors and assistant directors from the Midwest Region as you all move on to the next phase of your lives. Your kindness, skill and selflessness have been greatly appreciated and will never be forgotten. I hope to see you on the track somewhere in the future and hope to give back some of what I learned from you to others along the way!

With greatest respect to the Midwest Staff and deepest disappointment to the NESBA organization.

Jeff Henderson
Bloomington, Indiana

ronhix

TripleThreat;229583 wrote: Let me extend a personal thank you to Fred Duncan, Brian Wink, Ron Hix, Chris Frye, Erik Rodriguez, Steve Palella, Garth Cloyd, Marshall Skloss, Joe Denowh, Tom Tiernan, Jon Gu, Nichole Settles, Kim & Nolan Tacca, Tom Tracy, Brian Blume, Dustin Boyd, Chad Trank, and Jeff Selbert. A special thank you also needs to go out to Matt Granzow for giving me, and so many others, visual proof of our on-track experiences with his dedicated and selfless photography work...

I probably spent the most time bugging Ron and Brian and they were always so willing to spend the extra time with me to help me understand the little things that helped me advance to the :a: Group. Ron's patience with me as he taught me the finer points of trail braking, Brian's assistance in getting me through the funk after my first crash, and the ability the control riders all possessed to lead me gently into and through the next level of discomfort and uncertainty as they would drag me along at a faster and faster pace will forever be etched into my memory...

With greatest respect to the Midwest Staff and deepest disappointment to the NESBA organization.

Jeff Henderson
Bloomington, Indiana
Thank you for your post Jeff. Very much appreciated. This is indeed a sad end to a very good run for many of us. :-(

Germany

geekmug;229573 wrote: Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
Scott I like you, but having 3.5 Words that I have never heard in my life in one sentence makes you sound cooky... :cool: