New organization

tdelegram

Control Rider
HondaGalToo;302835 wrote: Haha, thanks for the kudos. I don't know how much I'll be able to get to the track this year, but I'll for sure help new riders out on the forum for N2. And I'd be glad to volunteer help at the track for new riders. I just can't commit, as I'm job-hunting and have no idea what my track schedule, if any, will look like this year.
You're job hunting, they might need a newer better person to man the phones and website. Sounds like a win win to me.

PostaBoi

Truly Concerned

I'm a new member I bought the elite membership along with 3 track days one of which is April 14, 2014. So you all know how much doe is have invested up to this point. I tried reaching out NESBA because I never received my Elite membership discount but no one ever returned calls or emails. So I joined this forum last week to see if I can get some sort of idea on whats going on with this organization. I received a email confirming my April 14th track day but Now I'm sick. Was that just an automated message or is someone actually working there? Is there going to be a 2014 season? Did I lose my money? Can someone with some knowledge please respond. Thanx

PostaBoi;302840 said:
I'm a new member I bought the elite membership along with 3 track days one of which is April 14, 2014. So you all know how much doe is have invested up to this point. I tried reaching out NESBA because I never received my Elite membership discount but no one ever returned calls or emails. So I joined this forum last week to see if I can get some sort of idea on whats going on with this organization. I received a email confirming my April 14th track day but Now I'm sick. Was that just an automated message or is someone actually working there? Is there going to be a 2014 season? Did I lose my money? Can someone with some knowledge please respond. Thanx[/QUOT
We ALL hope this turns out well, I have $$$ invested too...We are all in the dark at this moment....You will know when we all do..Sorry..Scott

Teh_K

Rob,

Since you are in contact with Bob, could you please have him take down the registration pages for Memberships and Events? It really is not that difficult or time consuming. It doesn't have to be pretty either, just take them down.

We don't need more people's money tied up in this mess.

Psychoholic

kcor;302810 wrote: Rob,

Thanks for taking this on and providing regular updates. I refrained from comment on the forum until now, but am a season pass "holder", too. There's nothing I can add that hasn't be raised on this thread, save one peripheral issue.
New management needs their volunteered time, attention and energy focused on the good of the whole; while a valuable tool, the forum is stealing it away to the detriment of all of us who seek a resolution (not a mouthpiece to channel frustration). Member feedback should be funneled to a suggestion box and maybe a satisfaction survey (transparency could be maintained by regular reporting). Whether valid, invalid, right or wrong, what's read and said here is a representation of a passionate and highly engaged minority. I commend that passion, but had to point out its potential to harm everyone. There's no easy way to quantify how many passive readers came here, read something and then wrote off contributing to what is an amazing community of people that like to ride safe and quick on two wheels.

Oh, and I know you read the whole thread but am sorry I've done the very thing I wrote against above. You could have been pouring through documents faster to transition this thing. I guess it's human nature... Protect us from ourselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to disagree. The worst thing that could happen is for them to shut up shop and make folks go off to a mailbox to be sorted out. People have a right to complain about a situation and to get information. It makes an effort of good will for them to monitor the thread and pick out the useful information as well as to assuage concerns as they come up.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Teh_K;302845 wrote: Rob,

Since you are in contact with Bob, could you please have him take down the registration pages for Memberships and Events? It really is not that difficult or time consuming. It doesn't have to be pretty either, just take them down.

We don't need more people's money tied up in this mess.
I communicated this and advised that it has been shutdown. Thank you guys for the heads up.

CBRtist

HondaGalToo;302835 wrote: Haha, thanks for the kudos. I don't know how much I'll be able to get to the track this year, but I'll for sure help new riders out on the forum for N2. And I'd be glad to volunteer help at the track for new riders. I just can't commit, as I'm job-hunting and have no idea what my track schedule, if any, will look like this year.
tdelegram;302839 wrote:
You're job hunting, they might need a newer better person to man the phones and website. Sounds like a win win to me.
:agree: +1

I know when I was trying ohhhhh so long ago to initiate a recruiting/member services program and/or form volunteer committees (primarily MA) in an effort to try to save the sinking ship, which if I recall a few people weren't very nice or responsive about (ergo my return to the land of rainbow and unicorns)... Judy was one of the first people I approached because she is HUGE asset to customer service and her knowledge base is off the richter. I mean, I guess you should be when you're 65 but... :saythat: *duck*

Anyhow. Water under the bridge. Tried our best and :dunno: and sure enough things imploded. Then again, I'm sure the efforts (given other variables) would have been nothing more than holding back a tidal wave with a teaspoon.

Aside from Judy, there can be some great resources (yes even on a volunteer basis) amongst the membership who aren't actually looking for favoritism or handouts. Just something to keep in mind going forward IMO ;)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Ahem. I am NOT 65, dammit. :argh: But I hope to still be track riding when I'm 65. I expect to at least still be street riding.:D

Volunteers were what primarily ran the old nesba, the CRs and directors all being volunteers. Going forward, I'm sure the new orgs, N2 and PRE, will embrace folks helping out. I'm hopeful it will become what the old nesba was, but with good improvements.

I will still post helpful info on the forum. Hopefully I'll be able to attend the track enough to do something similar to what the SE started last year, which was a pit area designated for brand new riders and/or people new to nesba. An area with some long-time track riding members to help them get through the registration and tech process, and help with any questions. I can't be the only one, but there's plenty of experienced, enthusiastic members that could make something like that work well. There's plenty of us around who want to do it for the love of the sport, not because we expect anything in return other than the satisfaction of helping others in this wonderful sport.

xDutchx

Hell of an intro to NESBA for me. My first date at RA not scheduled and no chance of a refund except for disputing the charge. I was hoping to have fun with a new (to me) org. Now I'll consider myself very lucky to ever get my money back.

And here's what annoys me the most. Some of us are on a shoestring budget. I pick my dates very carefully simply because money is tight. I picked this one because I'd never ridden RA, and NESBA was recommended by a friend. Now I'm forced to wait at least two months to get my money back. Which means I'm forced to wait that two months to see if I can schedule RA with another org. And I have to hold off on scheduling other dates simply because the well isn't that deep with a mortgage and two kids to feed.

I keep seeing posts saying "give them time to figure it out." My response is "No!" My track budget is too tight. This has hosed up a good portion of my spring. I could've done two dates at Little Tally with what this implosion is costing me.

I think I'll stick with the "other" organization from now on.

fitz

HondaGalToo;302853 wrote: Ahem. I am NOT 65, dammit. :argh:.
LOL! I think some people think that because you have been around the track for so long...yeeeeaaaah that's it :D

I can pick on you now since you said you might not make it to the track, so I'm safe :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
xDutchx;302854 wrote: Hell of an intro to NESBA for me. My first date at RA not scheduled and no chance of a refund except for disputing the charge. I was hoping to have fun with a new (to me) org. Now I'll consider myself very lucky to ever get my money back.

And here's what annoys me the most. Some of us are on a shoestring budget. I pick my dates very carefully simply because money is tight. I picked this one because I'd never ridden RA, and NESBA was recommended by a friend. Now I'm forced to wait at least two months to get my money back. Which means I'm forced to wait that two months to see if I can schedule RA with another org. And I have to hold off on scheduling other dates simply because the well isn't that deep with a mortgage and two kids to feed.

I keep seeing posts saying "give them time to figure it out." My response is "No!" My track budget is too tight. This has hosed up a good portion of my spring. I could've done two dates at Little Tally with what this implosion is costing me.

It sucks for a lot of folks, most all of us in one way or another. The two new orgs forming from this, PRE in the south, and N2 in the north, will be managed by new folks. Folks who are long-term nesba members and will run it in a similar manner (meaning safe, efficient, and fun), but with improvements. Once those two orgs are established, they will be worth your checking out. PRE has an online forum: www.preforum.net

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
fitz;302855 wrote: LOL! I think some people think that because you have been around the track for so long...yeeeeaaaah that's it :D

I can pick on you now since you said you might not make it to the track, so I'm safe :)
That, and I went gray early, starting in my 30s. :D

I'll make it to the track when you least expect it, so you'd better watch your six. :p

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Hambone;302862 wrote: Damn I tuned late! I wonder if I'll lose my credits from last years cancelled SEDs?
I used mine to purchase an elite membership this past January. So much for that. Figures last year was the first year I didn't use up all my credits by the end of the season.

CBRtist

kcor;302810 wrote: Rob,

Thanks for taking this on and providing regular updates. refrained from comment on the forum until now, but am a season pass "holder", too. There's nothing I can add that hasn't be raised on this thread, save one peripheral issue.
New management needs their volunteered time, attention and energy focused on the good of the whole; while a valuable tool, the forum is stealing it away to the detriment of all of us who seek a resolution (not a mouthpiece to channel frustration). Member feedback should be funneled to a suggestion box and maybe a satisfaction survey (transparency could be maintained by regular reporting). Whether valid, invalid, right or wrong, what's read and said here is a representation of a passionate and highly engaged minority. I commend that passion, but had to point out its potential to harm everyone. There's no easy way to quantify how many passive readers came here, read something and then wrote off contributing to what is an amazing community of people that like to ride safe and quick on two wheels.

Oh, and I know you read the whole thread but am sorry I've done the very thing I wrote against above. You could have been pouring through documents faster to transition this thing. I guess it's human nature... Protect us from ourselves!

Yeeeeaaaaahhh. I'm going to need to disagree on this one also. Some of the reasons why people posted their frustrations on here is because they were shut down in other forms of communication and this is their only resource for answers and/or comfort. You said yourself it is a resource for updates.

avizpls;302838 wrote:
Well, no, but we can see that this thread has over 11,000 views. :wow:
Exactly. Posting updates on here is reaching 11,000 people. It's filling in gaps that might not be otherwise reached.

Even though how this stuff went down might have been a total shocker to some, it's no new news if you have been paying attention over the years to which way things might have been pointing. To those of you who were fairly new or those of you that just paid your money to come ride but never looked around, I'm sure this came out of no where. To those of us that have been riding on the track or hanging out under canopies since "The Day", it was just waiting for the finality of it all. I won't go into the dirty laundry that was publicly thrown out there on a few occasions, but it doesn't take a Google expert to find it.

I had a tremendous amount of loyalty to NESBA, and did my best to be supportive in a lot of ways, but it just wasn't enough. :dunno: I was just fortunate enough to choose the right friendships and value the quality of people that surround me.

I'm not concerned about the passive readers. This new org will be better, the ones organizing it have great integrity and will create a great product, and a large part of this membership (who knows the reputations of the powers that be) will be pointing new riders to this organization because of that. If the passive readers are going to judge based on what was written in this... they'll be back ;)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
CBRtist;302864 wrote:

I had a tremendous amount of loyalty to NESBA, and did my best to be supportive in a lot of ways, but it just wasn't enough. :dunno: I was just fortunate enough to choose the right friendships and value the quality of people that surround me.

I'm not concerned about the passive readers. This new org will be better, the ones organizing it have great integrity and will create a great product, and a large part of this membership (who knows the reputations of the powers that be) will be pointing new riders to this organization because of that. If the passive readers are going to judge based on what was written in this... they'll be back ;)
:agree: Rob for N2, and John for PRE will make them both the premier track orgs to ride with, like nesba used to be.

CBRtist

xDutchx;302854 wrote: I keep seeing posts saying "give them time to figure it out." My response is "No!" My track budget is too tight. This has hosed up a good portion of my spring. I could've done two dates at Little Tally with what this implosion is costing me.

Sorry you are so bitter, but don't be so quick to judge the new organization based on association. Place blame where it belongs.

I'm getting a little frustrated seeing people already treating NESBA and N2 as one entity. They have different names for a reason and I must say I'm pretty grateful that some good people figured out a way to salvage something from the ruins.

It is entirely your choice to ride with Club XYZ. If you ever change your mind and see the value of this new organization vs. "them", you will always have the choice to come back. In the meanwhile, happy riding and I truly hope you get compensated.

Hambone;302862 wrote: Damn I tuned late! I wonder if I'll lose my credits from last years cancelled SEDs?
Just noticed you live around 15 miles South of me, IF AND WHEN there are Track-days maybe we can hook-up. Scott

CBRtist

I'm also confused about something. :notsure: (New) Members who are posting concerns about losing their money... did you pay with cash?

I'm just curious why you aren't just called your CC companies and correcting this instead of waiting to hear from somebody to do this?