New organization

kcor

Kris
mpusch;302896 wrote: I used a debit card (never have had a CC). No dispute capabilities there. Patiently waiting for the proceeds to be refunded to my card. Made me regret forgetting my paypal password to pay for it...

Window on the dispute does not close for me for another two weeks. Having been a victim to real fraud, it's much less work to wait than make a successful dispute. Visa will immediately refund, but I could be on the hook for even longer if it fails and still out 2k. Please set me straight if my last two experiences recovering from identity theft were less cut and dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dutch

F that. I'm not getting in a truck with Farrell. I've heard the WVA man love stories too many times to ignore them :D

Trying not to be a bother, Just want to re-start planning my track season and not sure if I should wait for N2 or start signing up with different orgs. before all the days I want are full... should we hear some more news before Sunday the 17th? Thanks Rob and really wishing you guys the best...Scott

kbonigut

there is only one person that can answer that question

Blue Ninja. Where is he when you need him.

This thread has more traction than the great Bump Thread of 2012.

Hope all works out with N2 for you guys.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Dutch;302973 wrote: F that. I'm not getting in a truck with Farrell. I've heard the WVA man love stories too many times to ignore them :D
I'll be gentle........;)

BTW, didn't we meet in a Hot Tub.........Just say'n

JRA

JRA;302728 wrote: Look guys, the guy paid $2,000 so he has a right to be upset. You would likely be upset too if you were in his shoes. I resigned my position over this I wouldn't have done so if this weren't a very serious matter. I think everybody should step back from this and think about the fact that this is more than just Mike 22 and Radar Magnet; there are a lot of other people involved, and the amount money in total is very large. There is supposed to be an announcement coming soon about this so hopefully everyone who is has a monetary interest in what happens will get the information they are seeking.
So what about refunds? How is that being handled?

JRA;303114 wrote: So what about refunds? How is that being handled?
Valid point!!!! I purchased a 10 day package and I've already disputed the charge and received a provisional refund. I want my $1500.00 refunded but I still might check out the RA dates with the new org. and pay the elite member price.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
N2 will be honoring all season pass holders, credits, elite memberships, and those that have registered for events previously with NESBA. Refunds are best handled with your credit card company. If you need any assistance in this process, we possess records of all prior registration activity and can provide this to your and your credit card company.

Thank you.

Meat

rob92;303121 wrote: N2 will be honoring all season pass holders, credits, elite memberships, and those that have registered for events previously with NESBA. Refunds are best handled with your credit card company. If you need any assistance in this process, we possess records of all prior registration activity and can provide this to your and your credit card company.

Thank you.

Excellent! Since I used a debit card to pay for Barber, Wells Fargo would rather not give me my money back. But, with your help with the documentation, Wells Fargo may actually give me my money back.

physicistkev

Control Rider
rob92;303121 wrote: N2 will be honoring all season pass holders, credits, elite memberships, and those that have registered for events previously with NESBA. Refunds are best handled with your credit card company. If you need any assistance in this process, we possess records of all prior registration activity and can provide this to your and your credit card company.

Thank you.
This is good news, but a little clarity is desired. My elite membership will be honored, with the pricing that was announced. Sweet. The money I paid for Barber ($420) will be turned into a $420 credit to be applied to future days with N2? Is that correct?

If so, I certainly don't need to pursue a refund. If the money is going to go for what I intended, my membership allowing me to get the membership privileges and the $420 for track time, I think I would be fine with that.

Sure, I'm bummed I won't be going to Barber, but if I can use that to go to Summit, VIR , RA, ... then I would be hard pressed to be irate about it.

Let me say thanks to Rob and the crew of people that are trying to continue what we all want. I am very grateful that they came along and are taking up the responsibility of other less genuine people. Truly grateful. :adore:

On the other hand, while I am appreciative that NESBA leadership started and ran a desirable track day organization. I don't want this to be forgotten. I am apocalyptically cross with NESBA leadership. How dare you take peoples money without any regard for honoring what the money was for. I don't care if they didn't make much of a salary. There are many other perks with "running" a company. Loan to officer, the ability to support a for profit entity (Shagmoto), any other number if ways that you can get a benefit with a good lawyer/accountant. I do not know if they took advantage of these benefits, but it doesn't matter. I find it inexcusable to take good money after bad. If the company was in trouble, limit the damage, take responsibility and communicate. I will see NESBA leadership as cowardly and wasteful until they come out and say what happened. To have what happened, takes something that was truly great and mires it in a disgraceful downfall. This is all my perception, and perception can be wrong. Without the facts, all we have is perception. I stated in another thread, when this all started, that without facts, rumors are going to drive perception. The truth, no matter how bad, is always better than rumors. The NESBA leadership should have come out and explained what was happening. It would have been bad, but certainly not as bad as it has been. I will continue to believe this until NESBA leadership convinces me otherwise. Just tell the truth, it's that simple.

The above in no way reflects how I see or feel about the men and women trying to continue the spirit of NESBA with N2 or PRE. I have the utmost respect for people who want to donate their time, effort and expertise to help others experience what we all experience at the track. The above is focused on the late, NESBA leadership and them alone.

Thank you

Kevin

fitz

physicistkev;303134 wrote: I am apocalyptically cross
I'm so using that the next time I yell at my boys. :D

But I agree with you Kevin, one of my biggest complaints about NESBA was their lack of communication, although I appreciate N2's professionalism I'm just as confused.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
physicistkev;303134 wrote: This is good news, but a little clarity is desired. My elite membership will be honored, with the pricing that was announced. Sweet. The money I paid for Barber ($420) will be turned into a $420 credit to be applied to future days with N2? Is that correct?

Kevin
Kevin,

Things have been fast and furious and we appreciate your patience. We will allow people to cancel and convert their scheduled dates to credits, if that was unclear. Hope that clears it up for you. If not, shoot a message to support-at-n2td.org. If you do not get a response in a reasonable amount of time pm me.

Best,

physicistkev

Control Rider
jcurtis;303147 wrote: Kevin,

Things have been fast and furious and we appreciate your patience. We will allow people to cancel and convert their scheduled dates to credits, if that was unclear. Hope that clears it up for you. If not, shoot a message to support-at-n2td.org. If you do not get a response in a reasonable amount of time pm me.

Best,
I sent a message to support as I think I have a better solution for my situation. I will wait and see how that comes back, but I can't imagine that what I want to do is not to the benefit of N2 and myself.

Thanks,

Kevin

physicistkev

Control Rider
fitz;303145 wrote: I'm so using that the next time I yell at my boys. :D

But I agree with you Kevin, one of my biggest complaints about NESBA was their lack of communication, although I appreciate N2's professionalism I'm just as confused.
You can thank Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear for that one. It's got a nice ring though.

Kevin

dude

quick question - a bit puzzled

Hi guys I have been a member for about 3 years now. I do my track days with NESBA only but I am not a very frequent goer and I don't monitor the forum closely. I was planning on signing up for RA in beginning of April but I see today the dates have changed now and I trying to sign up for the new dates the site won't let me add them to the cart. :banghead:

I came upon this thread and I have not had a chance to read all pages just yet but from what I have read I m still not clear so figured I just post and someone would be willing to help me understand if this change of ownership has anything to do with the site not letting me sign up and the dates switch. :confused:

Sorry for seeming lazy but the info appears scattered across a bunch of thread pages and kind of hard to follow with everything in between. It's friggin confusing...:dunno:

Appreciate in advance any help from my fellow nesbians!

~dude

CBRtist

physicistkev;303134 wrote:
On the other hand, while I am appreciative that NESBA leadership started and ran a desirable track day organization. I don't want this to be forgotten. I am apocalyptically cross with NESBA leadership. How dare you take peoples money without any regard for honoring what the money was for. I don't care if they didn't make much of a salary. There are many other perks with "running" a company. Loan to officer, the ability to support a for profit entity (Shagmoto), any other number if ways that you can get a benefit with a good lawyer/accountant. I do not know if they took advantage of these benefits, but it doesn't matter. I find it inexcusable to take good money after bad. If the company was in trouble, limit the damage, take responsibility and communicate. I will see NESBA leadership as cowardly and wasteful until they come out and say what happened. To have what happened, takes something that was truly great and mires it in a disgraceful downfall. This is all my perception, and perception can be wrong. Without the facts, all we have is perception. I stated in another thread, when this all started, that without facts, rumors are going to drive perception. The truth, no matter how bad, is always better than rumors. The NESBA leadership should have come out and explained what was happening. It would have been bad, but certainly not as bad as it has been. I will continue to believe this until NESBA leadership convinces me otherwise. Just tell the truth, it's that simple.

What or who is the "NESBA Leadership" of which you speak? :dunno: It seems like you are under the assumption that every key member or whomever had a :cr: sticker was privy to what was going on. I haven't seen the formation documents, but I'm under the well ascertained assumption that it all came down to ONE person. We know WHO that is. It is very unfair to throw others under the bus and insist on not only them claiming responsibility but then the other organization being entirely responsibly for one person's gross mishandling.

If you want an explanation, apology, or money, then you need to seek it from THAT singular person. I think N2 has been more than fair to try to rectify what they can (and which they didn't create). It happens all the time in business where one person is running the show and key members are unaware of the books or operations and said one person is running it into the ground. When it's a partnership or corporation, there are shared responsibilities and profits. This isn't the case. There's a lot of guilt being handed out by association on here and it's getting exhausting. :rolleyes:

Rumors and people that choose to think otherwise about this new organization, may not be the clientele that N2 needs at this time. If they can't recognize the quality of product being offered here or be thankful for all the efforts it took these people to (pardon my French) save our asses
... then move along, nothing to see here.

Rumors will be a minor speed bump for this organization as it moves forward. The reputation and integrity of the crew that makes it up far exceeds anything that the rumor mill produces. To quote my Chef husband when he wanted to start a restaurant around several competitors: "If you make great food, they will come." This is filet mignon. If someone wants a good burger, there's plenty of drive throughs.

fitz

CBRtist;303182 wrote: What or who is the "NESBA Leadership" of which you speak? :dunno: It seems like you are under the assumption that every key member or whomever had a :cr: sticker was privy to what was going on. I haven't seen the formation documents, but I'm under the well ascertained assumption that it all came down to ONE person. We know WHO that is. It is very unfair to throw others under the bus and insist on not only them claiming responsibility but then the other organization being entirely responsibly for one person's gross mishandling.

If you want an explanation, apology, or money, then you need to seek it from THAT singular person. I think N2 has been more than fair to try to rectify what they can (and which they didn't create). It happens all the time in business where one person is running the show and key members are unaware of the books or operations and said one person is running it into the ground. When it's a partnership or corporation, there are shared responsibilities and profits. This isn't the case. There's a lot of guilt being handed out by association on here and it's getting exhausting. :rolleyes:

Rumors and people that choose to think otherwise about this new organization, may not be the clientele that N2 needs at this time. If they can't recognize the quality of product being offered here or be thankful for all the efforts it took these people to (pardon my French) save our asses
... then move along, nothing to see here.

Rumors will be a minor speed bump for this organization as it moves forward. The reputation and integrity of the crew that makes it up far exceeds anything that the rumor mill produces. To quote my Chef husband when he wanted to start a restaurant around several competitors: "If you make great food, they will come." This is filet mignon. If someone wants a good burger, there's plenty of drive throughs.
Wendy, maybe I'm missing something (nothing new) but I took it as he was just venting about NESBA and what happened to it. :dunno:

CBRtist

fitz;303187 wrote: Wendy, maybe I'm missing something (nothing new) but I took it as he was just venting about NESBA and what happened to it. :dunno:
Hmmm. Perhaps. However, my feeling was that he was also looking for accountability (even after rereading it). But who knows, I've been wrong before. Maybe it was in fact me venting about those who have been obsessing over the negative grain of sand on the beach of positive. :dunno: