New organization

RADAR Magnet

CBRtist;302868 wrote: I'm also confused about something. :notsure: (New) Members who are posting concerns about losing their money... did you pay with cash?

I'm just curious why you aren't just called your CC companies and correcting this instead of waiting to hear from somebody to do this?
I actually just got off the phone my by cc company. I was hoping to avoid the hassle by getting the money refunded straight from NESBA. Besides, it's only since late Friday that we've known NESBA is in the process of being taken over; that helps with proving things to the cc company. I held off over the weekend since Rob said he'd lay out a plan yesterday; didn't see anything suggesting NESBA/N2 is going to issue refunds so decided to stop waiting.

I'm pretty bitter about the way things have been handled overall. I guess another reason I've waited a little bit is because I wanted to allow an opportunity for things to go out in a better way. Refunding the purchases is the right thing to do; if cash isn't available then offering to honor the purchase in some fashion would've been a good gesture. I might have still disputed the purchase but the gesture would've been a positive step to build on. Instead, nothing was mentioned and it's uncertain if anything will be.

Hambone

scotman623;302867 wrote: Just noticed you live around 15 miles South of me, IF AND WHEN there are Track-days maybe we can hook-up. Scott
Oh yeah! For sure. Where are you, Saratoga? I also have a buddy (also a member) down south of us. We ride Njmp every chance we get.

Hambone

This has been a really messed up winter for me. I was/am really hoping to get up with some of my nesba peeps. I'm holding out hope.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Hambone;302882 wrote: This has been a really messed up winter for me. I was/am really hoping to get up with some of my nesba peeps. I'm holding out hope.
You will, it'll just be with N2! :cheers:

Hambone;302879 wrote: Oh yeah! For sure. Where are you, Saratoga? I also have a buddy (also a member) down south of us. We ride Njmp every chance we get.
Just outside downtown Saratoga about 5-6 miles, I never rode NJMP, We will have to hook-up if all goes well.. I have a 2 bike enclosed trailer if you ever need a lift? Talk to you more soon. Scott

Dutch

rob92;302795 wrote: So if we can pull this off, will you come and grace us with a rider's meeting by "The Dutch"?
Only if it's the first one :D Any my wife says I can. Man how times have changed........

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Dutch;302886 wrote: Only if it's the first one :D Any my wife says I can. Man how times have changed........
OMG, you could sell tickets to that performance. Let me know when, even if I'm not riding that weekend, it would be worth the trip!;)

mpusch

Micah
CBRtist;302868 wrote: I'm also confused about something. :notsure: (New) Members who are posting concerns about losing their money... did you pay with cash?

I'm just curious why you aren't just called your CC companies and correcting this instead of waiting to hear from somebody to do this?
I used a debit card (never have had a CC). No dispute capabilities there. Patiently waiting for the proceeds to be refunded to my card. Made me regret forgetting my paypal password to pay for it...

Hambone

scotman623;302885 wrote: Just outside downtown Saratoga about 5-6 miles, I never rode NJMP, We will have to hook-up if all goes well.. I have a 2 bike enclosed trailer if you ever need a lift? Talk to you more soon. Scott
Well that sounds real good. you'll NJMP. It's worth the trip.

Hambone

HondaGalToo;302884 wrote: You will, it'll just be with N2! :cheers:
I hope you're right about that. I just heard that we getting hit with another snow storm. That did not make me happy. I need to ride! $@##%#@@$%

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Dutch;302886 wrote: Only if it's the first one :D Any my wife says I can. Man how times have changed........
I cannot think of a better way to start a new org than a rider's meeting delivered by Dutch! It has so much symbolic meaning as to what we're trying to accomplish here. It will be an honor to have you! We'll keep the autograph signing to a minimal, I promise.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Hambone;302900 wrote: I hope you're right about that. I just heard that we getting hit with another snow storm. That did not make me happy. I need to ride! $@##%#@@$%
It was finally warm enough today for me to go sit on my bike in the garage and dream.

Madski

rob92;302911 wrote: I cannot think of a better way to start a new org than a rider's meeting delivered by Dutch! It has so much symbolic meaning as to what we're trying to accomplish here. It will be an honor to have you! We'll keep the autograph signing to a minimal, I promise.
:agree:

Still remember the first day I did with NESBA at Beaver in 07 and Dutch's riders' meeting and his explanation of the French, oh white, flag.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
HondaGalToo;302853 wrote: Ahem. I am NOT 65, dammit. :argh: But I hope to still be track riding when I'm 65. I expect to at least still be street riding.:D

Volunteers were what primarily ran the old nesba, the CRs and directors all being volunteers. Going forward, I'm sure the new orgs, N2 and PRE, will embrace folks helping out. I'm hopeful it will become what the old nesba was, but with good improvements.

I will still post helpful info on the forum. Hopefully I'll be able to attend the track enough to do something similar to what the SE started last year, which was a pit area designated for brand new riders and/or people new to nesba. An area with some long-time track riding members to help them get through the registration and tech process, and help with any questions. I can't be the only one, but there's plenty of experienced, enthusiastic members that could make something like that work well. There's plenty of us around who want to do it for the love of the sport, not because we expect anything in return other than the satisfaction of helping others in this wonderful sport.
Did I tell you I love you Judy! (don't tell Tam, she'll kill me) LOL!:adore:

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Madski;302923 wrote: :agree:

Still remember the first day I did with NESBA at Beaver in 07 and Dutch's riders' meeting and his explanation of the French, oh white, flag.
Mike so many great riders meetings with Dutch! So many laughs! I'll pay his gas money to have him there!