Search results

1. sshort

New Member from Dandridge TN (Old NESBA Member)

Welcome Don, remember breath deep and trust your tires ;)
  2. sshort

Comments from Road Atlanta May 24

Hey all, I wanted to give a quick shout and word of appreciation. I started out a few years back with NESBA at VIR (Yes the flyover weekend: ) Anyways, I digress, with NESBA splitting up I have been riding with other track clubs since and had not had a chance to come back to try out N2. I'm...
  3. sshort

Seat Foam

For what it's worth, use an electric knife. I got mine at K-mart for ~$9. Works a treat on foam.
  4. sshort

VIR Meet-n-greet june 1

Since I'm too chicken to apply gas on the course, perhaps will do so at the meet-n-greet. Count the kilted ones in for baked beans and whatever else jumps in the cart. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
  5. sshort

Roll Call: VIR June 1-2

The Triumph boys are in, Have Kilt will travel!!! Can't wait to see y'all :)
  6. sshort

Chuck needs your help

Chuck, I haven't been able to round up any help in the ATL for you. Not sure of the facilities you have available but from the schematic of your box it's not that complicated of kit. If you are able to drop it and get it open it's a matter of looking for the worn bits and replacing them. I...
  7. sshort

Chuck needs your help

If you were up here in Knoxvegas I probably could hook you up. Will check my network for the ATL. Is it a Manual or Auto? Sorry bout your rig.
  8. sshort

Confirmation for Barber

I gottem, thanks for the directions. Like Don said, looking forward to getting back and having another great weekend. The kit's together, now just need to load the van and head on down. Steve
  9. sshort

Confirmation for Barber

Has anyone recieved their confirmation forms for this weekend? AKA, are they going out or will we just do the form at the track? Can't wait, just a couple of days now!!!! Steve
  10. sshort

Triumph Boys are Back This Time at Barber

Naw, we're more like the Sex Pistols. A bit loud and definately funny to look at...
  11. sshort

Triumph Boys are Back This Time at Barber

Hey y'all been a while since VIR but Brother Don and myself are signed up for the November 10 and 11 track days at Barber. Bringing at least another of our crew along this time in Walter Waage aboard his Street Triple. Let's see, Kilt---Check Bourbon---Check Stogies---Check Oh Yeah...
  12. sshort

Thanks for a great first track day

Mike, Thanks for the good times and the invite will have to take you up on it. Prob will leave the possum behind and just bring some of the good Korn Likker, It's a wicked pissah:D
  13. sshort

No problem Matt, I think we probably returned the favor Sat night and then some. Prob was a little bit crabby Fri night as I was NERVOUS!!!! Definitely will do it again!!!
  14. sshort

"Hey man, we roll how we roll and if people are annoyed or intimidated by it, that's too bad for them" Southpark, The F Word :cool: Besides don't knock the kilt till you try the kilt! Had a great time, glad to meet you the crew and all the like minded maniacs. Can't wait to do it again! Steve
  15. sshort

I just wanted to chime in to thank everyone for a spectacular weekend. For this to be the first time ever on a track things couldn't have gone much better. At the risk of speaking for Brother Don, we very much appreciated the willingness of everyone to welcome us to the fold and all the...
  16. sshort

Tread depth for tech spec

Thanks for all the great feedback, My tire sizes on the S3 are 190/50-ZR7 and 120/70ZR17 with date codes of 2111. I generally ride about 12K a year with most of that being on my Rocket III. But I'll go through at least a set of tires per bike per year. The nice thing about living in East...
  17. sshort

Copy that, there's great prices about on the new Bridgestone s-20's so will probably try and swing a set, and toss the Road 2's back on after VIR Steve
  18. sshort

Thanks for the feedback. I'll post a pic in about a week as next weekend I have a rally in NC during which I plan to dial in some recent suspension mods. Once that's done I'm pulling her to prep for the track so the wear won't change much beyond that. Still curious what method is used for...
  19. sshort

What process is used during tech spec to evaluate tire condition? June 2nd will be my first track day and I'm trying to cover all my bases. Of course a new set of skins would be ideal but I'm on a pretty tight budget and am approaching 50% on the rear. I currently have Michelin Road 2's...
  20. sshort

New to NESBA and Trackdays

Wow, thanks for the advance information and advice. there's a lot to take in but am so looking forward to the first of what I hope is many events. Steve