Search results

1. sobottka

Woodcraft or Chickenhawk?

probably not
  2. sobottka

well nothing in this world is perfect, not even chickenhawk warmers. woodcraft did reveal that most of their customers who were having problems were getting their power from generators, not from electricity supplied trackside. in my case they suspect that the eco throttle setting i would use on...
  3. sobottka

the chickenhawks are great but I've never owned a set. I have had woodcraft warmers for the last 5 years but not without problems along the way. however, woodcraft has replaced my warmers at no charge to me ...about 4 times in 5 years. keep in mind their warranty is for 1 year!!! its this kind...
  4. sobottka

flashing the ecu

looks like a great option, not for me but perfect for many! sorry to muddy the waters here :o
  5. sobottka

flashing the ecu

i stand corrected. as i said "in my world (yours may vary)" i 've only known of re-flashes as i described. i know people who do this type of re-flash and wasnt aware fuel tuning etc. could be done this way :cheers:
  6. sobottka

flashing the ecu

ok. just re-read some of this and in my world (yours may vary) a re-flash is a means of installing race kit ecu software on a stock ecu, not fuel tuning on oem ecu's. a re-flash is cheaper and does not require running a kit wireing harness at an additional cost up to $500. typically people run...
  7. sobottka

flashing the ecu

sorry, im too lazy to re-read this thread but .....if you already have the kit ecu you would gain nothing from reflashing the stock ecu with the same software you already own on the kit ecu right? (a re-flash installes the kit ecu sofware on a oem ecu). maybe you mean on a different bike? imho...
  8. sobottka

flashing the ecu

i dont know the details of any other bike but on an r6 with the fly by wire throttle, the kit ecu allows for adjustment of engine braking, ignition timing, redline and pretty much all electronic stuff on the motor as well as allowing the throttle bodies to open to 100% at full throttle (the...
  9. sobottka

MW Refunds

I call bullshit! When a reigion is cancelled, these people deserve a refund!
  10. sobottka

Tire temps

depends on the type of tires, compound, weather conditions and your pace. 120 might be ok for street tires ???
  11. sobottka

Gearing and wheel base

generally speaking a shorter wheelbase sacrfices stability for lighter, quicker turn in and a longer wheelbase is more stable with heavier, slower turn in.
  12. sobottka

cold temp tire strategy?

if your warmers crap out its not because you covered them with a towel or they have too much insulation.
  13. sobottka

cold temp tire strategy?

hmmm, lowering the pressures on dunlops in cold weather increases cold tearing. i realize this is counter intuitive, its what we did when i ran michelins but does not work on dunlops (yes i've tried it) and is not recommended by rts.
  14. sobottka

cold temp tire strategy?

your a bridgestone guy right? this is not reccomended for dunlops.
  15. sobottka

cold temp tire strategy?

gotta agree here, run your warmers an extra 20 min if anyrthing and cover them with towels to retain more heat. not running warmers on race tires in the cold would be foolish to say the least. just remember its cold out so take it easy.
  16. sobottka

cold temp tire strategy?

run your warmers at normal temp, just know that temps may (this will vary depending on your pace and temp) drop and grip will likely suffer. go easy for all laps below 55 or 60 deg with out sunshine and run your rear pressure a bit highrer, say 24-25 psi hot to combat cold tearing (this applies...
  17. sobottka

Cold Weather 211's

run your warmers at normal temp and expect cold tearing. do not drop the temp setting on your warmers, this will guarentee cold tearing and a lack of grip untill they come up to temp. run increased pressure to compensate (up to 25 psi hot)
  18. sobottka

What are your MUST HAVE spare/back up parts for trackdays?

folding table (for tools, gloves, helmet etc.), extra chairs, sweat towels, protien shakes assuming you'll have a generator/electricity- small fan to dry helmet, floor style fan to sit in front of, spare power strip, plus every spare part and spare piece of gear you own :cheers:
  19. sobottka

Tires/gas???

i would think so :dunno:
  20. sobottka

Guys familiar with illinois roads..

sorry guys. my directions are for comming up 39 from south of rockford. from chicago, like this-...