Search results

1. T

VIR Thoughts

I had a great time with NESBA this weekend and appreciate all who put the effort in to help make the event a safe and enjoyable one! I over heard one control rider talking to another control rider stating there were too many bikes on the track at once (siting poor judgement of NEBA), he could...
  2. T

Good Sat. at Road Atl

I had a great time at Road Atlanta Saturday. I am an old guy on an old school bike trying to ring the guts out of it on a high horsepower track. I did back off at times due to moisture on the visor blinding me; even though it had chemicals. I was so happy to be on the track and never felt the...
  3. T

FS Barber, Sun, Group B

For sale: Group B, Sunday
  4. T

Q2 Tire Pressure

I am running Q2's for the first time and want to have a safe, fun time this weekend. With that in mind I was curious about recommended tire pressures for the Q2's. I had never seen any information definitivley listing starting pressures so I did some research. Virginia Gallant of Dunlop...
  5. T

GP Riding Style

I am an old guy here wondering about the riding style on the GP circuit. Some guys hang an inside leg way out there under braking and then put it back on the peg for the apex. Weight distriution, braking stabiliztion? I am sure I will not be trying this anytime soon. Hugh
  6. T

AGV Suit 46 and Pit Bull Stands - GA area

A friend of mine in Marietta, Ga is retiring and has a nice AGV suit, size 46 will fit someone 5.8" to 5.11" and up to 195 lbs. but not less than 175 lbs.; $250. He also has Pitbull stands. They are Pitbull rear and generic front; $100. You may contact Kristopher at (770) 330-0442 or...
  7. T

Reward Points

My account, not the Track Day Store, shows I have Reward Points. What are reward points and where are they used? By the way, I have not set up a Track Store Account yet but intend on doing that soon. Thanks!
  8. T

98 600 GSXR Front Brakes

I am learning all I can on this bike before moving on and am soliciting some help from some of you who may have run this bike years ago. The front brakes have been a bit "squishy." Pumping them periodically, bleeding them at all the connections, and tying the lever in place for periods of time...
  9. T

Immaculate 1992 Ninja; 3800 org. miles

A friend of mine here in Augusta, GA has an all orginal 1992 Ninja with about 3800 miles. The was obtained while he was a bike mechanic years ago and I beleive he is the only owner. As you can see by the pictures, the bike is well kept. He just does not use the bike and would like to make room...
  10. T

Help me I.D a part

Just got home from Road Atlanta and while removing the belly pan from my '98 GSXR 600, I found a small part and need help identifying what it might be. See the attached pictures. The part measures .250" in length, not across the curve. I have not owned this bike long and not sure how long the...
  11. T

180 vs 190 tire

Any pros or cons to running a 190 rear on a GSXR 600? I know it will change the profile but will it help lean angle and contact? Or should I just stay with the 180?
  12. T

New Guy for Barber

Hi Everyone, I will be attending Barber on a race prepped GSXR 600 as a beginner and would like everything to go smoothly. I have gone through the bike and feel it is in great shape. I assume the events move along pretty quickly and would like to be prepared. Therefore I have some advance...
  13. T

2004 yfz 600r

Is this bike worth looking at as a street and possible track bike? Is the riding position too upright? I am inching into the sport and am looking for a bike I can ride until track days become available. I already have large cruiser bikes and am looking to participate in the other extreme. Also...