Search results

1. jfeagin

Track riding warps your brain

So I'm in Massachusetts a few weeks ago, on I-290 through the middle of Worcester. If you've driven anywhere in eastern MA, you know it's like NASCAR no matter how heavy the traffic is. Through Worcester, 290 runs around a series of bends that would be good fun on two wheels if there were no...
  2. jfeagin

$340 in credits for $250

SOLD Thank you, gentlemen!!
  3. jfeagin

2009 Lowe's Special

It is an open, 5x8 trailer with a ramp gate. I put marine grade plywood down as a bed, painted with gray, solid stain. Hauls one or two sport bikes easily, especially with PitBull restraints. Has one PB base plate that goes with it. Light weight, will work with any vehicle that can tow. Takes a...
  4. jfeagin

Miscellaneous stuff

At one point, I was hoping to get into some mild sport touring. The economy has cured me of that. Here are some things I'd like to get out the door. Let me know if you're interested. Everything below is in excellent condition. - Kriega bags SOLD. All else still available. - Cortech Sport...
  5. jfeagin

2008 Triumph Speed Triple

SOLD So I finally fell victim to the unemployment plague. Got to sell some stuff to pay the bills for a while. General info: - Located in Hagerstown, MD - 2008 Triumph Speed Triple bought in '09 - Fusion white stock paint - About 6,200 miles on it (my commute was short), but I'm still riding...
  6. jfeagin

Baltimore GP

I know it's all cars, but is anybody checking this out? Not a lot of real street courses in the US. Could be pretty cool. And how the heck is it I never heard about this until Wednesday?? :dunno:
  7. jfeagin

Trailer camping

So I scored a really good deal on an enclosed trailer. 6x10 v-nose w/diamond plate, etc. Used, but only just barely. Now I'm looking at all the trailer threads, but there's one thing I can't find. What do you use for sleeping in the thing? I've thought about a cot. The made-for-it trailer beds...
  8. jfeagin

Custom earplugs

My current plugs are starting to stiffen up and sometimes even fall out while riding. Kind of annoying... Anybody got a recommendation on custom plugs?
  9. jfeagin

Tires from the NESBA trailer

So I've pretty much run out of time to get some new buns. Anybody know what range of Dunlops the trailer usually has? I can definitely run to a set of Q2's if pricing is the same as the Track Day Store, but I don't have much more spare cash than that.
  10. jfeagin

My new pit crew...

...Is pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=lgwF8mdQwlw&feature=player_embedded Except at doing three-point turns. :D
  11. jfeagin

Weather talk

Poor Punxatawney Phil's previously popular prediction proved problematic, plus possibly perilous. Plainly, peripatetic performers proceed providentially. Phew! :D
  12. jfeagin

A funny

Seen this one yet? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UAJZ-KQ4F5s/ScNJyt00LTI/AAAAAAAAAkk/edsj3rh0ozw/s1600-h/types-of-bikes.jpg
  13. jfeagin

Um, yeah. Whatever...

So I'm looking for a few minor parts for my street ride and one item has YouTube videos attached. That's where this comes from. Really. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqVBe_SMQe8&feature=player_embedded
  14. jfeagin

Front wheel chock

Question for those of you using wheel chocks like the Baxley product or similar. Any particular reason to prefer one over another? I'm considering getting the one from Harbor Freight. Here's why I ask. I built this: (Not my bike or garage, here). Directions are here, if you're interested. At...
  15. jfeagin

Again with the tire warmers?

Yep. After I dropped my bike Saturday, several people recommended I think about getting a set of warmers. I run street tires, so I wonder about the value. Is it a real benefit in B group, in any case? I'm thinking my skill set is in greater need of enhancement than my gear list. Well, except for...
  16. jfeagin

ZX-6R regulator/rectifier question

Anyone with a Kawi ZX-6R and track bodywork, where did you mount the regulator/rectifier after swapping out the street plastic? I got the Armour Bodies kit for my '09, but it seems like space is too tight to just put the thing back on the right side. And if you did relocate to another spot, was...
  17. jfeagin

Track Org Comparo

Disclaimer: I bought a 3-year NESBA membership this time around. I've been wanting to see what Roger Lyle's group is like. He lives in my town, gets dates at Summit, and some friends of mine like running with him. I try to support the local guys as much as possible, but this Sunday was the...
  18. jfeagin

Preferred rearsets?

Thinking about getting some rearsets for the adjustability, especially with the shift lever. I'm hoping it would help me to be smoother, etc. Doing some searching all I could find was what various people have on their bikes, especially ones up for sale. Had some homemade plates on my CBR that...
  19. jfeagin

Pit Bull and Kawasaki

Hey folks, Just scored a nice deal on an '09 ZX-6R. I'll be tracking it once I'm done breaking it in. So, I got Pit Bull pins for it since I have the trailer restraints already. But now I have a small question. For those of you running a Kawasaki, and maybe others too, what have you found...
  20. jfeagin

My next track sled...

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/08/video-dragging-a-knee-on-a-honda-gold-wing/#continued